Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:52 pm
Tahani had opted silence, letting the more excitable and social-able of their group have their happiness. It seemed, after all, that all her cynical caution was not needed. She was relieved.

"I have, regrettably, lost track of the days..." She looked to the others who might have kept track better than she.

It was sort of embarrassing for she, who was always so together, to have lost track.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:28 am
Jamiri eyed the effusive female warily. She seemed awfully welcoming to a band of strangers she'd never met and knew nothing about. He was suspicious and uncomfortable, and wondered who was in charge. He opened his mouth to ask just that, but paused and thought better of it, closing his mouth. It would seem rude and ungrateful. As much as he might not entirely trust the welcome of the lone female, even he had to admit that they were weary, dusty, and ready for rest. He glanced at his old pride-mates, even the females, and grudgingly decided that it wouldn't be bad to accept this gracious offer of hospitality. He'd stay if the leaders stayed, but he definitely was wanting to learn more about what exactly this new pride was like. He wasn't entirely sure he'd like it, but he was willing to give it a try.

Not saying a word, not even to the direct questions, he padded towards the direction the female had indicated.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 am
Ngoma was so excited to have found the pride, finally. She bounced about happily as this female welcomed them and made her way towards Mawi Mai, staying close to the brothers. "I think it's been nearly a week, or two... I sort of stopped counting a while back." She said with a shy smile. After so long on the road, she'd stopped counting the days and had just followed the group, dancing and singing with them when their spirits allowed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:50 pm
Ndoto breathed a sigh of relief as Mai welcomed them with open paws. This was amazing. She was laid back and happy and this pride was going to be perfect! He knew he and his brother would fit in just fine...it was a few other members he had brought along with him that he was worried about. Hopefully they'd find their niche and enjoy life here as much as he knew he would.

"About three weeks total," he said with a little nod, correcting Ngoma. "Today would have been the end of three. But we're here so I don't think that counts," he said with a laugh, jumping a bit into the air in celebration. "Gods, it's such a relief to have found this place! Is there a place where we can drink? We've gone a few days without fresh water." Just some stagnant pool a few dozen miles back that had to hold them over. It had tasted horrible and even he had been concerned about disease, but everyone seemed fine so that wasn't something he needed to worry about any longer.

"And what must we do to become a part of this pride? Are there ceremonies? Do we have to take some sort of oath?" After being around the savanna, he had come to find that some prides were very strict about how new members came and how old ones left. One pride wouldn't let anyone new in unless they won a fight, for goodness sake!  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:03 pm
Talencia

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

SilverLutz

F a y t h - x

Blu Chalk

Mawi Mai turned to the male and then smiled at the group. "Well that sounds like quite the trip!" She said simply she had been on a journey like that before in her life, but the difference was it was just a day or two at the time. Her and her mate went to visit his family in the Bahari'moto pride. She loved visiting and seeing different places but at the same time she would much rather be home. The long trip wasn't exactly her favorite thing to do. She really just didn't want to travel that much. She really was upset at the idea of traveling that far, she wished the travelers had better luck. "I'm hoping that the trip is going to be worth it!" She couldn't help but to chuckle a little she was really hoping that the lions were going to enjoy their new home.

"We have plenty of water!" She chuckled a little slowing down to still lead the group however be able ot talk to them and carry on a conversation with them. "We are recovering from a flood still, most of the pride has been rebuilt but we are still working on it." She said nodding and then motioning toward the lake with her paw. "Off into the distance over there is our 'Lake Victoria'. It is our pride's main water source. I'll take you guys over there if you want after I show you where you'll settle for the night." She said nodding as she was starting to wander toward the dens with the group following. The other question she looked at them and then smiled. "Well we have plenty of rituals, and ceremonies. All of them you'll learn, we aren't completely crazy strict however we have things that go on, but right now I'm concerned about you guys getting settled in some where for the night and getting comfortable." She smiled brightly at them happy about helping them settle in. "I don't want to overwhelm you." She said simply a smile stil on her face.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:02 pm
Jamiri had followed at the tail end of the group, as she led them inwards, towards the heart of the pride. He looked about himself with wide eyes, mind humming with words to a new song, about the travail and trials of lions on the trail to a new home, and of the triumphant arrival. However, his song did not include a chuckling, constantly smiling, subservient lioness who was the new pride's leader. He flicked her an uncomfortable glance and hid behind one of the other members of the group he'd come with. Her smile made his shudder and want to be anywhere but here. Thankfully she hadn't given him one bit of individual attention, and he wanted to keep it that way. At least they were nearly to the dens. Even if they moved off, he likely would just hunker down in one immediately.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:30 am
Ngoma happily followed Mawi Mai, excited to see the pride that was now their home and to find a place to rest her paws and find a meal. She was content to have the rest of the evening to wander a bit and to explore before returning to where Mawi would show them as their place to settle in for the night. Time to learn the new ceremonies and rituals would come and she knew they were all tired, even if some of them bounced around with the energy of a cub. Ngoma herself could use a little bit of relaxation time before the learning began.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:01 pm
Ndoto stuck close to the leader of the pride, intent on learning as much as he could as she led them to shelter and water. His eyes were wide with interest as she continued to speak, his tail bobbing back and forth with excitement. This was incredible! Amazing! Stupendous! All other kinds of words that were great!

"Thank you so very, very much," he said in earnest, trying his hardest not to sing with joy. They were home. All this walking and promising had not been in vain. "I think rest is in our best interest for the night, yes. But I'm very interested to learn about this new pride of ours."

He bobbed his head in thanks to Mai before turning to look at the rag-tag group of lions he and his brother and strung along with them and gave them all a huge smile. "Rest well, friends. You all deserve it. Tomorrow we'll explore our new home!" He flashed another grin at Mawi before humming to himself, heading into the dens that he'd call home for the time being. Tomorrow he'd go and find himself his own den, but for now the group could sleep together one last time.

[Last post from me! Phew! XD]  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 pm
Mawi Mai was glad to not only have the new members of the pride but also have them happy for them to settle into the pride and also call it home along with the rest of the members.the pride. She was extremely excited to see all of it going on and she was excited that even with all of the tragedy that had happened, the missing members the flood everything that has happened she was just extremely excited now to have these members and have the new life in the pride. She was extremely excited. "Just keep up!" She chirped as she walked her tail swaying behind her as she walked. "You guys of course can ask anyone to help you with anything you need and tomorrow you guys can meet me in the drum circle around noon. She said with a large smile on her face, she was hoping the members would settle easily.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:13 pm
((Belated last tag!))

Jamiri scuttled along, avoiding meeting the eyes of even the lionesses he'd traveled with. It was strangely conflicting, being both happy to find this new pride, to be embraced by its tradition of music and song, as well as feeling skittish and ill at ease. There wasn't much reason for it, except that he just got that feeling like ants were crawling up his back. He nearly whooped for joy at the sight of the dens, and very swiftly plunged into one nearby that appeared empty.

Once inside, he turned to peer back out of the gloom, watching at the others scattered. His ears flattened as the queen required them to show up at the drum circle in the morning. No, no.... he couldn't take that tack. This was important. This was part of their traditions. He needed to learn them, and he was honor-bound to honor them. He straightened his shoulders, took a breath, and called out in his low, melodic voice, "Thank you, I will see you in the morning." With those parting words, he fled into the safety of his new den, feeling strangely as if he'd just escaped something unpleasant.

Man, he needed to get a grip!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out