Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lomasi was still recovering from her near-death accident in the mountains. She had been dragged into the pride, unable to do anything except keep herself alive. Only parts of her memory were intact from that day, but enough that she never wandered too close to the mountains. Everything felt more secure in the valley.

Shikra never really let her forget that day, if only because the extremely happy bird always reminded her about how wonderful it was to be together. Lomasi sometimes had a hard time interacting with the other lions, as Shikra could be very overwhelming (and nearly impossible) to deal with.

"Come! Comecome!" Shikra cried as she swooped over Lomasi's head, trying to herd the lioness towards the river. The white and black lioness had no idea why her bonded was so intent on getting her there, but Lomasi had nothing better to do. She was still too weak to hunt, and walking was exhausting in in of itself. She may look mended on the outside, but she didn't feel like it on the inside.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:01 pm
Tzarach was perched on his friend's back while she knelt at the river, drinking. They had to be close now! It had been a hard journey through the mountains, but it would be worth it once they found the pride of lions blessed by the Goddess of Birds. Then they could be around people who didn't look at him as if he was, and he could quote, "an unnecessary and unattractive growth that should be eliminated."

Then the bird looked up to see another lioness, this one with a bird flying around her head.

"Oh, look there! They must be from the pride! Isn't this wonderful?"

Teet ignored the tickling of Tzarach's claws on her back with the ease of long practice as she drank slowly. No reason to founder herself now when they had to be so very close. The bird was much more excitable than she, so it was just as well that she take her time and try to teach him some patience.

So only after she had drunk her fill did the green lioness look up to see a pair of strangers coming for them, another lioness and another bird.

"So it seems," she replied slowly. "But we may not be there yet. Do not get too excited, my friend."

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:13 pm
It took a moment for Lomasi's eyes to focus on the movement. While the green wasn't the same colour as the grass that flooded the valley, it was still hard for her to really see that green as a shape. Two different shapes, as there couldn't possibly be a lump growing out of the back of that green form.

"Come faster!" Shikra chirped before abandoning Lomasi. The little brown bird flew straight for the other two, chattering on about nothing as she swirled around the two forms. She was a risky bird, always getting into trouble and never learning from past experiences. Lomasi couldn't walk terribly fast, so it took her quite a while to actually get up to the pair.

Shikra kept flying between the two groups until they were close enough. Then she unceremoniously plopped herself on Lomasi's head, looking quite proud of herself. Lomasi shook her head to get the bird off of her before looking apologetically at the two strangers. "Sorry, she is easily excited."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:20 pm
Teet breathed a sigh of relief as Tzarach didn't take his cue from the other bird that was flying around, excitement apparent in its every movement. She knew her old friend could be as (she hated to say it) featherbrained as any avian out there, but over time she'd managed to instill some form of manners into him.

"Don't worry about it," the green lioness told the black and white one. "My name is Teet, and this bundle of feathers," she jerked her head backwards at her familiar, "is Tzarach. We've been looking for the pride that favors birds as partners."

Tzarach was twitching on Teet's back. He knew that she preferred to take her time about things, but could she talk any more slowly? Not to mention the other lioness was walking so incredibly slowly, but he knew that if he just flew over there to get a better look as she was coming, Teet would ask him just what he thought he was accomplshing, and he'd have to admit that it was nothing at all, and she'd give him one of those sighs...

Better to stay here and fidget. But when they finally got close enough for the lionesses to talk comfortably, Tzarach pushed off from his partner's back to get a look from above, and to get a better look at the other bird.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:54 pm
Shikra decided to spend her time staring at the green avian in front of her, since he was being so quiet. Quiet! It was so strange to the little hawk. How could a bird ever be quiet? "Talk, talk!" she called, snapping her beak a few times to make more sound.

"Quiet, Shikra," the lioness laughed, swatting her tail at her as if she was a little fly. "I'm Lomasi, and this is my bonded, Shikra. You may not have noticed it, but you've been within the borders of what you seek for some time." She paused, looking concerned. "It is strange that you didn't run into a scout while going through the mountains, but they can be....dangerous."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:27 pm
The green lioness' eyes widened in surprise to hear that bit of news. "They certainly can be treacherous, from what I've seen," she agreed. "But for us to get so far without seeing anyone is disturbing news. Are you short of scouts?" the newcomer inquired gently. She didn't want to seem pushy or anything, but what if she'd been some kind of murderous invader? How could mothers with cubs feel safe if it was so easy to enter this pride's lands?

"I'll talk when I have something to say," Tzarach returned with dignity. Shikra was...perhaps not the most polite bird he'd ever met. Hopefully though, this was merely a first impression of her. But only time would tell. The green bird sighed inwardly. Gods, now he sounded like Teet, even in his own mind!  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:44 pm
Lomasi understood the stranger...well, Teet's concern. "I don't really know," the lioness answer quietly. "I haven't been here that long myself." She shifted a bit, settling herself down. It was tiring to stand for so long, and even Shikra would quiet down when she realized how exhausted Lomasi got on her walks. "I know that it isn't as many as there should be. I....nearly died in the mountains. Its why I'm here, within the Aka'mleli now."

Shikra's head turned to the side for a moment, eyeing Tzarach. She fluffed up her feathers in irritation, disappointed that this bird wasn't one that riled up easily. How boring. "Sure, sure," she said in an oddly disapproving tone, flittering over to settle on the front toes of her bonded. Her ploy hadn't worked, and now she was sulking like a cub near her 'mother'.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:12 pm
The darker lioness nodded in understanding. "My thanks to the gods that you survived," she told the other quite seriously. She was not one to care for the shedding of any blood, even when the other deserved every death she could deal a thousand times over. And the fact that a potential mother should have had such a brush was a crime. Teet took life and death very seriously, and expected no less of those around her.

Speaking of which, it was always remarkable how Tzarach was as much of a chatterbox as Shikra...when no one else was around. The moment they came amongst others her little green bird would clam up. So shy, and yet she could hardly twit him for it. It was simply a part of who he was.

"Perhaps, then, you could take us to whomever rules the Aka'mleli?" she suggested. "We have come seeking admission."

Tzarach, now that he wasn't being pestered, completed his examination of Lomasi and her familiar. He noticed that her muscles seemed to be vibrating an awful lot for someone just standing still. Maybe she was nervous? He wasn't very good at reading a lion's body language even after so long with Teet. Well, that was a lie. He could read his partner, always.

Still, he puzzled it over as he settled down to perch on the green lioness' head.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:56 pm
Shikra had completely given up on the other bird, but it was interesting to hear that they may be moving soon. She sort of perked up at that,s ince it meant that more interesting things would be happening. "Umoja? We go to Umoja??" Shikra liked the lion, never quite understanding that he was the king, and should be treated as such.

Lomasi felt a little flustered when thinking about him. The lion that had been the one to haul her here. She hadn't thought about it when she was flowing in and out of conscienceness, but it had been a little strange for the king to shoulder the burden of hauling her to safety.

"Um, yes," she said a little shyly. "I can take you to him...if you are in a hurry, Shikra could guide you to him. I'm afraid I can't walk fast. I'm still recovering."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:01 pm
"Oh!" the exclamation slipped out before Teet could stop it. Stupid stupid stupid! Lomasi had told them about how she'd nearly died in these mountains and how she hadn't been in the pride that long. And yet the green lioness had taken so long to put it together.

"No hurry at all," she assured the other. For the first time in the coversation, the newcomer took a few steps closer to the other lioness. "Is there anything I can do to help? Lend you a shoulder maybe?"

Tzarach took off again as Teet started moving. She didn't like him stabbing her head on accident, and if she was going to help the other lioness, she certainly wouldn't want him perched on her at all. Not that there weren't other places around where he could rest his wings.

"Who exactly is Umoja?" the bird asked instead. Yes his partner had specified the ruler, but he wanted a little more information than that!

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:06 pm
Lomasi laughed lightly. "No, I'll be alright. Walking is helping to build back my strength, I've just been taking it easy so I don't collapse. I only ask for patience, that's all."

Shikra glided up above them, going higher and higher as she decided that the conversation was a little boring. Besides, she would use her eyes to find Mfalme, Umoja's bonded bird, and alert Lomasi to where he was. Where Mfalme was, Umoja was, and it would make it easier for all of them to get to their destination.

With a few slow steps, Lomasi began her walk. "Well, he is our king," she started slowly. "He's a little stiff on the outside, but I know he will let you stay here. Just make sure you're not as chatty as Shikra, and you'll do fine."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:11 pm
Teet nodded. "I understand. But if you need a break, please let me know! We two have been journeying so long, what will it matter if it takes us one span or five to get to Umoja?" She hoped Lomasi wasn't overestimating herself, but it was hardly her place to reprove the other lioness. Simply being understanding and supportive was the most she could hope to offer at this time. They were, after all, stll the next best thing to strangers.

"I should hope we aren't too...chatty," she replied with a quick of her lips.

Tzarach snorted at the comment about the chatty bird. Teet had told him more times than he could count that "silence was the better part of discretion." Now he could certainly see how true that was! Just to prove he could, he kept his beak shut instead of replying to that comment or twitting Shikra herself.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 pm
Lomasi nodded. "I will let you know. After what happened to me, I've learned that it is not shameful in asking for help." If there hadn't been help, she would have died. It was strange to become bonded to a bird when one was so close to death, but somehow Shikra had found her, claimed that the lioness was her own, and found help. Strange, what was possible within the Aka'mleli.

Shikra was happily soaring around above until she spotted Mfalme. He liked the high thermals as well, so it was always easier to spot him before Umoja. With a happy cry that echoed the skies, she swirled down to land neatly onto of Lomasi's back. "Found Umoja!" she announced proudly. "Close! Go more north, he'll be there!"

Lomasi was a little worried to see him again, but at least it would be for a good reason. These two would need to see him at some point, and sooner was always better than later. "Alright. I guess I won't have to walk too terribly far. I don't know as much about the pride as I could, but I'll share with you what I understand while on our way to him. Deal?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:24 pm
"What is necessary is never shameful," Teet agreed. She'd seen many things in her time that were considered shameful - most of them for fairly absurd reasons. But life and happiness were more important than shame and that was a belief the green lioness held strongly.

"I'd love to hear all you can tell me," she told the other lioness. She was also relieved that they would be able to spare Lomasi the long walk she'd clearly not looked forward to. Thank the gods.

Tzarach eyed Shikra as she came back and landed. Why did she have to say so many unnecessary things? He conveniently forgot how excited he'd been on first sight of the other bird and her lioness and how unnecessary some of his own words had been.

If anyone had told him that he and his lioness were so much alike, at least in public, he'd have told them they must be lying. Still, he was certainly excited to meet this Umoja and his bird, and to make a nest for the two of them at last.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces