Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]
[SelfRP) My, that's an interesting object! (Umeme x Ziko)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:33 pm
User Image

The day was lovely, and things were going just how they were suppose to. Umeme'lalio was at peace. She loved the sounds of cheerfulness of all the pride members reaching her ears. She could hear the young members most of all. It was almost more music to her hears then when celebrations happened. A big warm smile was upon her face, and today was the day she would introduce herself to some of the newer members. One in particular she had taken interest in, as he had a very unusual object, and she wished to see what it was. He had been telling people how to make said item, and she was wondering what it did. Bones were scary to her sometimes, but this... this was neat.

She didn't know his name, which was a problem, but that would be fixed very soon. She spotted him and rushed to great him. "Hello, new friend! I'm Umeme'lalio!." she said rather more excitingly than she truly wanted to come out as.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:39 pm
User Image
It didn't take Ziko'roli long to see the female coming towards him. He gave her a sweet smile and knew almost instantly it was because of his xylophone. He had made it a while ago, and didn't know that so many people would be interested in it. For once in his life, he felt important, and wanted. He loved it. He loved telling those how to make them, and showing them how as well. Everything had come nicely together since he had come here. He didn't know what to say, really.

Things had become a bit more of a challenge than he had expected, but that was half of the fun. "Hello Umeme'lalio. How many I help you?" he asked her with an incline of his head. He didn't want to be rude, no, not to such a lovely lioness. He couldn't be rude even if he wanted to, though. "I'm Ziko'roli." He said with a chuckle. His favorite thing to do was tell his stories of things he had seen, and things that had happened to him, and most of all, how he came to come to this odd thing he called a xylophone, as well as how to use it.

He tapped a few bones with one of the sticks giving a lovely sound that filled the air and his ears. oh he loved it, and he hoped everyone else did to. What more could anyone want?

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:34 pm
Curiosity was her curse, and something in her that couldn't be stopped. She looked at him long and hard for a few moments and smiled. "Nice to meet you Ziko'roli." She said with an incline of her head. He seemed nice enough, and she liked that. She didn't think the pride needed anyone mean, and it was her job to make certain they weren't. Well, not really, but she felt it was something she needed to do. Her smile continued, "Well I was interested in your odd contraption here." She said looking down at the xylophone. It was neat, yet she wanted to know how it worked, and maybe even how to make it. He had been able to show others, why not her?

"It's quite unique." She said with great interest. She wanted to know about it, and about him. Her tail flicked as she looked back up to his face. She was taking everything about him in, and deciding his fate. Though, more so, she was mostly curious about what he could do. "Can you play it for me?" she asked him. That wasn't to selfish was it? She just wanted to see how it worked. It was something she'd never seen before. At least, she couldn't recall seeing it before.

"If it's not too much trouble, anyways"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:44 pm
Ziko had no problem at all. He enjoyed teaching other's the stuff he knew, and perhaps they could teach others when he was no longer around anymore. He chuckled at the lioness, she seemed friendly, and maybe a little cautious than she should. He understood, however, that it was just part of being in a pride. His tail thumped on the ground lightly as he looked down at his xylophone. It was quite a magical instrument. "If it pleases you, m'lady." He said with a nod. Of course, he wasn't always formidable, but he tired.

He picked up his two bone sticks that were covered with some leather. He started to tap lightly on it giving off sweet music. At least, he thought was sweet music. "All you have to do is tap it gently and it'll do the rest of the work." He told her between each beat. "If you're too hard on it, it could break." He added with a nod. "I call it a xylophone." Of course, he didn't expect anyone else to call it that. It was just something that stuck at the moment. It wasn't a for sure name.

"Would you like to give it a try" he asked offering her the two bone sticks.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:18 pm
Umeme'lalio hesitated for a moment. She didn't know if she should take it, what if she broke it? Though her curiosity over powered her. She slowly took the bone sticks from the male. She looked curiously at him then down at the xylophone. "So... I just do this?" She tapped it lightly, but apparently too light. Just a soft thunk came out of it. Maybe she did it wrong? No, obviously she did it wrong was more like it.

She felt very silly about this, though she decided she must learn how to play it. She tried it again, this time a little harder, but still gentle enough not to break it. This time something else than a soft thunk made a noise. She jumped a bit from it not really expecting it. Maybe she was being a bit too jumpy. She gave a sorta uneasy giggle as she looked back at Ziko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:03 pm
Ziko was good at not laughing when other's ended up playing it wrong. He couldn't expect anyone to be good the first time they played it. He smiled at her kindly and nodded as she hit it again. Better, but still not perfect. Perhaps the xylophone wasn't the instrument for everyone, clearly. "In time you'll get better if you want to keep playing one." he told her with a grin. He would love it if more would take interest in his instrument, and would be there to teach anyone how to play. The only issue was getting the materials to make it.

"You're getting the hang of it" he told her, trying to build up her confidence if she needed it. Of course, he was use to working with some younger members of the pride, so it was easy for him to do that. "I could show you how to make one, if you please" He said with a nod. "When I get more materials, that is." he added just so she'd know it wasn't going to happen RIGHT that second. It wouldn't be easy, but he did what he could.

He stood up and smiled.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:42 pm
She didn't think she was. She handed back the bone sticks to the male. "Thank you... " she said though she didn't think she would want one. They were neat, but not something she wanted. She smiled at him and nodded. "I'm sure someone else will like one much better then I would. " She giggled. "They are neat though, how'd you come up with the idea?" Of course she didn't want to steal all his secrets, but every one had a story of how they got their instrument, and maybe his was very interesting.

Of course, not always did everyone want to tell that story. She hoped she wasn't prying into his personal business. She didn't like to be nosy, but sometimes she couldn't help herself. It was like a cub seeing something for the first time, all they want to do is learn everything about it that they could. "If it's not too much of a bother, I really don't mean to bug you." She wanted to explain herself, but all it was doing was making her ramble a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:48 pm
Ziko'roli chuckled as he took back the sticks and placed them next to the xylophone. "It's alright, not everyone is fit for certain things" He said with a nod. He wasn't upset nor offended by her actions. Sometimes when you try something, you knew automatically it was something you didn't want to do anymore. It was amazing how that worked.

He gave a shrug to her question. "It was by chance, I suppose." He started with a nod. "I can't remember fully on what happened, but all I knew was I was angry one day, and started to smack things." He continued. "then next thing I knew, bones made lovely music." He looked up at the sky as if remembering that day so long ago. "And since then I went looking for the ones that made the best music," he continued "It so happened to be these type of bones you see here." Nodding he looked back down at the xylophone. "Who knew fish bones could be suck an amazing musical instrument?"

It was true, sometimes the best things seemed to surprise him. Though, he never questioned them. What was the point in questioning something that was good? It just gave it opportunity to become bad. He didn't like things when they turned bad, so he didn't really question how things work. He smiled at her. "Not really the best story, but I hope helped?"

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:02 pm
She nodded at it. She smiled at him gently. "That is true, not everyone is made to do certain things" She laughed. She was hoping he meant that in a good way, and not in some type of rude way. He didn't seem rude. Though, time could only tell. She looked back down at the xylophone, she hadn't realized it was fish bones, at least not at first... Now she could see it. Of course, that's how things were. She never really saw fish bones before, or fish for that matter, but she had heard stories on them.

The story he gave wasn't something that she wanted, but it would do for now. Perhaps he was lying and didn't want to be rude and say no about telling her the story. She didn't pry about it. She gave another smile and a nod. "It was quite nice, thank you" She said, though it was a bit of a lie, but it was a good lie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:33 pm
He nodded and let a silence come between them. Things seem to get awkward when that happens, but it seemed as if it couldn't be helped. He nodded his head a moment and dig slightly at the ground. He watched her, then let his eyes dance around the place around them. Other lions were around, as well as a few other non-lion species. It always amazed him how other creatures didn't get along out in the world, but here it seemed to work pretty well. He liked when things worked well.

His attention rolled back to the lioness at him, still silence, it was time he broke it. "So.... Umm... I should be getting back to showing other's this." he told her with a chuckle. There really was nothing else to say to her, and he hopped that was a good thing. He gave her a nervous smile as he took his gaze from her.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:49 pm
"OH! Right" She said, "Silly me" She giggled and nodded at the other. She, herself, probably should get back to doing her other things, and checking out all the other new faces around the pride. She didn't want to keep him waiting. "I... also have other things to do, I'm sorry." She said with a nervous chuckle. She didn't mean to just stand there staring at him. She was, however, hoping that he'd have something to add... Maybe tell her she was joshing him?

It seemed that what he told her was what she was going to get. She nodded at him. "Right, I.... should go and finish those things" she said with another laugh... Silly her.... Silly her indeed. She gave him one last glance before moving away from him to mingle with someone else.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:29 pm
He signed in relief once she left. That that she had left him, but the awkwardness had stopped. It didn't start out being awkward, it just went that way in the end. He didn't know how it did, maybe they both were a bit more nervous than they realized and it had added to it, or it was his xylophone that made her uncomfortable... He didn't know... Women.  

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces