*jumps on the bed for a bit before going and staring out the window*

Nice view! 3nodding xd  

blukattt
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:42 pm
Keistera
Your room is very fascinating... I can't wait until I can customise my own living space.

Your altar: What significance to the items there hold? If it's too personal, that's fine, I'm just curious.
I haven't set up an altar yet (it's too risky, at the moment).
No, that's exactly why I put these images up- to explain about myself. heart Before I write my novel (thank you, blu wink ), I'd like to let you all know I love the compliments you've given my room. I wasn't sure at first how people would react. sweatdrop

So, I have a three tiered(?) altar (thank you, Bed, Bath & Beyond gonk heart ). The bottom tier is were I place current spell workings, if I have any... which reminds me, I need to take done my fortune spell since it already went through. sweatdrop Anyways, when it's not in use, I set it up to show the balance of powers outside and within myself, thus the two masks. The white one is an old creamic piece from my dear 2nd-cousin, and the black one is new and from my graduated friend, Andy. The second one is especially meaningful to me because Andy has a rough life, and he gave it to me because I and LD are one of the few people that are kind and truly respectful to him. Of course, in balance, the whtie one is dear to me because my 2nd-cousin is very kind and helping kids through rehab while living with HIV.

The middle tier has the elements of the compass directions (figure out which way my room is situated!). Starting with the south, I have a candle (woo) and my mini-athame, a letter opener from the Luxor(sp?). It has the sphinx for the handle, which intrigues me at the moment, now that I think about it; probably stirs back to my childhood fascination of the ancient Egyptian culture. Las Vegas was incredible, too. Moving on, we have west, which has a bowl my Oma gave me and some shells I've found at various beaches around the Pacific (I've never been to the Atlantic, so I wouldn't know how their powers compare, but if you really take in the Pacific, it can be absolutely mind-blowing). Next there's earth, which has a little creamic container, from my mother's relatives (Earth, mother, ooo, it all connects...) and a totem stone I got at my first trip to Leavenworth, a Bavarian-style tourist town in the mountains (not the prison). I think the stone is red jasper (my brain tends to fail me, so don't hold me to it sweatdrop ), and the carved image is a sabertooth, an appropriate symbol for the stone. Finally, there's the east with a black and orange feather my mother found in the wild and a feather from LD's mother's domisticated (although, Murphy has quite the wild attitude) grey African parrot.

I'll discuss the top tier in it's own psot, as it's here we start to get to the core of my beliefs.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:50 pm
Aloyseus_Wolf
*Sitting in his new room he decides to head out into Barton for a while to do some shopping.*

WHOOPS, that definatly wasn't for this thread. no wonder people over at my other thread were wondering were the heck i went. sweatdrop  

Aloyseus_Wolf

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:43 pm
Aloyseus_Wolf
Aloyseus_Wolf
*Sitting in his new room he decides to head out into Barton for a while to do some shopping.*

WHOOPS, that definatly wasn't for this thread. no wonder people over at my other thread were wondering were the heck i went. sweatdrop
xd S'alright.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:21 pm
Aloyseus_Wolf
Aloyseus_Wolf

LMAO xd Yeah, but it worked in seamlessly!

And Jameta, we are still all moving in with you! LOL

I am jealous of your altar, I really can't have one set up full time, as I have several cats and a 1 year old that would see it as a new playground. So I evloved into using my fire circle as mine, and actually I think I like it better, as I get to be outside. I am thinking of making a shelf altar though; I've seen some pretty nice set ups online for those. 3nodding  

blukattt
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:43 pm
blukattt
Aloyseus_Wolf
Aloyseus_Wolf

I am jealous of your altar, I really can't have one set up full time, as I have several cats and a 1 year old that would see it as a new playground. So I evloved into using my fire circle as mine, and actually I think I like it better, as I get to be outside. I am thinking of making a shelf altar though; I've seen some pretty nice set ups online for those. 3nodding
Red pepper or other naturally hot substances will keep animals away from things (as well as clear the sinuses) if you do set something up. On the shelf altar, my experience is viewing the beautifully decorated guardians of Asian buisnesses, such as Chinese resturaunts or gift shops. If you have a close-by China Town, I suggest going to a well-done gift shop and looking to see what I mean...

...or a back table at a resturaunt to try to see one and get good food. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:18 pm
You all get URLs, since my last LJ entry KILLED my bandwidth

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/xCrimsonRegretx/MyRoom/IMAG0097.jpg
My magnet board 3nodding
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/xCrimsonRegretx/MyRoom/IMAG0096.jpg
My Quads (I call em my babies) heart
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/xCrimsonRegretx/MyRoom/IMAG0095.jpg
My bed eek I don't use it anymore
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/xCrimsonRegretx/MyRoom/IMAG0094.jpg
Blacklight glowey stars on my wall 3nodding
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/xCrimsonRegretx/MyRoom/IMAG0093.jpg
Glowy stars (the big dipper is in there if you look hard enough)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/xCrimsonRegretx/MyRoom/IMAG0092.jpg
My closet door
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/xCrimsonRegretx/MyRoom/IMAG0091.jpg
TV and blah blah
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/xCrimsonRegretx/MyRoom/IMAG0090.jpg
Medusa lamp
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/xCrimsonRegretx/MyRoom/IMAG0049.jpg
Futon and my lovely kitty (who has Asthma gonk )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/xCrimsonRegretx/MyRoom/IMAG0048.jpg
Same ^

I know this isn't really a bedroom thread, but heck, I'm a picture whore 3nodding

x__CrimsonRegret

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:32 am
*giggle* I think you got mixed up and didn't put up your bed and lamp, xCR. Awesome room, though- I love the color and its texture.

You're cat is cool, too- it's like, staring into my soul, man. eek  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:49 am
Jameta
*giggle* I think you got mixed up and didn't put up your bed and lamp, xCR. Awesome room, though- I love the color and its texture.

You're cat is cool, too- it's like, staring into my soul, man. eek

I love my kitty ^__^ I always make sure he's around anytime I'm doing anything remotely related to magic (even discussing it or reading it). I've had him for awhile now, and I always talk to him when I'm about to blow up on someone, so I feel he's charged with more of my energy than anything else I own 3nodding

And I've been keeping the whiskers that he loses so that when he does eventually pass away, I'll still have some of him left behind.

x__CrimsonRegret

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:03 am
Jameta
blukattt
Aloyseus_Wolf
Aloyseus_Wolf

Red pepper or other naturally hot substances will keep animals away from things (as well as clear the sinuses) if you do set something up. On the shelf altar, my experience is viewing the beautifully decorated guardians of Asian buisnesses, such as Chinese resturaunts or gift shops. If you have a close-by China Town, I suggest going to a well-done gift shop and looking to see what I mean...

...or a back table at a resturaunt to try to see one and get good food. whee
I suppose I never thought about that; although my main concern with that route would be my son, as inevitably he would get the pepper on his hands, then to his eyes; just drama I wouldn't want to deal with. 3nodding I still think I'll stick with my outside set up; in front of my firecircle I have a flat altar stone that's 2' x 1.5' and is where I set up my working material, plus the fire light cast a mystical glow to everything. whee

And no Chinatown's here; I'm up in nordic meat-n-potato country here. Closest thing we have are 2 oriental buffet restaurants. sweatdrop xd  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:43 pm
Understandable, blu; personally, I'm kinda' cruel, and if you use something mild that can be washed out, I would say, "That's why you don't touch that! Now let's go give you a bath."  

Jameta
Captain

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:21 pm
Jameta
Understandable, blu; personally, I'm kinda' cruel, and if you use something mild that can be washed out, I would say, "That's why you don't touch that! Now let's go give you a bath."
LOL Yeah, I'm kinda like that too! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:02 pm
It can sometimes be a smidgen cute, as they are beginning to use their senses to understand the environment. My cousin came up with her son, and he touched the glass lens of heated lamp, after we'd told him no a few times. He immediately pulled his hand back, and looked at it with big eyes, then I think he said, "Ow"... paused, then started crying a little. sweatdrop  

Jameta
Captain

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas