Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:06 am
CaliWolfe
I'm sorry I'm such a spaz, Cali! I know I took so long tagging it and there is no excuse. I am sooooo sorry! redface

Belatedly, Maysa realized that she had been very rude. So even as her eyes started to droop from heaviness, she forced herself to focus on Ru'yah. A good polite friend would make sure that their companion would want to take first watch or would rather nap first. After all, Maysa didn't know how long her new friend had been traveling or how far before coming to rest during the high and heavy sun of the afternoon.

Her ancestors would be shocked at Maysa's rudeness.

Around a large yawn Maysa started, "Ru'yah? I'm sorry did you want to take first watch or would you rather nap first and take second? Another yawn surfaced, loud and long. Traveling without friendship and on constant guard against males and the two-legged hunters was really wearing Maysa down. Maysa sent a little prayer up to the gods and her ancestors for allowing her to find a friend to keep company with for a good deep napping.

Maysa smiled at the thought of getting exactly what she needed without asking for it. The gods and her ancestors were really very good to her, even after how she was acting with Jael. But that would change and his was a reward for that change. And Maysa had to treat that reward right. If Ru'yah wanted to nap first, Maysa could rouse herself for her new companion to keep watch until she woke.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:53 pm
Dame NightFury
It's no trouble, no trouble at all! <3

Ru' yawned again, prompted to at hearing Maysa yawn and then seemed to recall that this entire time she had been doing a whole lot of yawning.

"No, it's okay. I can watch." She sounded confident in her abilities to act as a decent guard. Which sort of came off as odd to the calm lioness, as she hadn't really needed to guard anyone before, so naturally there was no way of telling if she was any good or not. Well, it couldn't have been that difficult, all she had to do was keep her eyes open. Right?

"Hmm. hmm." She thought to herself but hummed and made a few odd sounds as she did. Maysa was a nice lioness, that was good. Nice lions were good. But what was a nice lioness like Maysa doing out here? As far as Ru'yah knew nice lions usually stayed in groups. Prides they called them. "Hmmm..." She was tempted to ask but she didn't want to disturb her new friend. That'd be rude. So instead Ru'yah settled on thinking, and humming as she did. It hadn't occurred to her that humming and talking were equally as distracting when one was trying to sleep. Nope. She hadn't considered that at all.  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:59 pm
CaliWolfe
Taggings!

Maysa smiled at her new traveling companion as her eyes became too heavy to keep open. Ru'yah was a very nice lioness. Maysa would try and see to it that she treated herself so much better especially in regards to posture and caring for her beautiful, if slightly bright green, coat.

Maysa started to fall off rather quickly after that. Traveling and watching and being careful and hunting wore her out and even at night, Maysa rarely slept well, if at all. But Ru'yah offered a priceless - even if it was brief moment of complete trust in another person for a well deserved napped. Hopefully this nap would allow her to exist on little to no sleep for the next little while until she got back to Jael.

And then Ru'yah started to hum. The suddenness of it jolted Maysa. She cracked an eye to look at the other lioness and see what she was doing. But the lioness was just humming. And wathing the area around them. Maysa was tempted to tell the lioness that the humming was keeping her awake, but then it wasn't anymore. Even with the odd not quite rhythm of the humming, Maysa found a quirky beat to Ru'yah's humming. And it reminded Maysa that she wasn't alone. She hadn't been not alone in so long that even the small annoyance factor that it was in the beginning didn't even matter. Maysa grinned wider in her peaceful state of mind. She vaguely remembered an aunt humming the cubs to sleep as they slept in their group's center, protected. One of the boys used to mimic her when they were awake to calm everyone down. He did it badly, but it had seemed to keep everyone from fighting the moment he had started. Maysa wondered if he had tried that with the two legged ones too.

The brief moment of sadness disappeared as Ru'yah hummed again. Another good memory to add to all the others.

"Ru'yah." Maysa softly called to the other lioness. She cracked her eyes open to really look at the lioness that would forever be a friend in Maysa's eyes for the gift of that memory resurfacing. "Thank you."  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff