Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q]Joel - Parasitic Nergal (Crits Please)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Main personality is Joel, there are at least 2 other personalities that come up. Both are males, one is Nero and the other is David.
Nicknames: None as of yet.
Faction: Demon
Race: Parasitic Nergal
Natural Ability: Deceit: All Nergals have the ability to hide (most) of their form. This can make them seem like 'easy targets'.

Personality:

"Shut up shut up shut up!": Joel hates being around a lot of people or loud noises, it makes his skin crawl. It also gives the little voice a reason to start up a conversation or commentary in the back of his head. So when he's forced to be in a social area he'll listen to his eyePod and try to drown out everyone. If there are only a few people he will try to socialize but will shut down if Nero interjects. If David is in the forefront of his mind, he will socialize freely without really any limitations.

"Leave me alone!": He's a bit of a shut in, he misses his sister since she wouldn't start up side comments on other people's conversations. Sometimes he wishes that things could be like before, when he had friends and could talk to people without all the commentary and headaches. David on the other had wants to be around other students and strives to attend clubs and social gatherings. He does try to keep some sort of balance as to not bring out Nero.

"I'll do it later.": Joel is quite the laid back procrastinator since stress causes Nero to start chattering up as well. He also finds easier ways to do things so it takes less time and effort. This can be horrible if anyone ever would ask if he did something since the answer would be no unless it was the day or even hour before it was due. David on the other hand is punctual and gets everything done as soon as it's received or when he's told about.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean it!": Joel get frustrated sometimes and really he doesn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings or be a buzz kill. He has enough sense to apologize and try to make things up at least, within reason of course since he would not want to stand in front of a crowd and apologize.

"I got this for you... I hope you like it..": Joel is kind and generous behind the cold face he puts on, he'll keep track of important days and make sure to get gifts or minipet for others. Some of his gifts are more of "the thought that counts" variety, especially when trying to find matching clothes or things since he's partially colorblind.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? He really had nowhere else to go. Also a little voice inside told him it would be for the best, not for Joel but for the little voice unfortunately.

FEAR Ability:
It's My turn! Joel lets more of his Nergal features show through and attacks with sharpened claws as well as become a bit reckless.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Hazel, leaning more towards green though in one eye.
Hair Colour/Style: Light redish brown with strands of green. For style either like the exampre I drew or kinda half in his face covering Nero's eye.
Skin Colour: Light tan
Clothing Style/Colours: He usually wears a black hoodie that has a green pattern as well as black jeans that have green seams and a chain from his right front belt loop to his back right belt loop. It hangs below his pocket and he messes with it when he's bored. He also wears black skater sneakers with green laces. They're a little worn on the bottom but he's kept them clean and in nice repair over the years.
Extra: Perhaps like a nergal style wing tearing through the back of his hoodie as well as some nergal themed charms hanging off of the loops around his pants.
References:
Without his hood up.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Past and how he gained personalities.

Joel: Is the main personality and is for the most part a shut in due to the tearing apart he feels within himself. He is aware of the other personalities and strives to prevent switching between them on a daily basis, his is afraid of Nero but has no issues with David. There are times in which he wishes he was more like David on the social aspects but the mismatch in memory that a switch causes disturbs him greatly. In the future he hopes that things may calm down between each of his own sides. He is casual but quiet with his words.

Nero:
Came up after the abduction of Joel's mother by a shadowy figure in front of him. Nero is condescending and abrasive to change and new environments, causing a rift to appear in the behaviors and minor actions that he does when he takes over. He also has a short fuse and can lash out at times when he isn't being cold and harsh. Of the 2 known alternate personalities, Nero is the destructive one who doesn't really care much about Joel. He takes the center stage usually when topics switch to family or mothers in specific. His speech is a bit tense with a lot of focus on the sharper parts of words.

David:
Came into being during a violent attack Nero started on Joel's sister which left Joel screaming inside his own mind at the time. David is sociable and warm, he also does what he thinks may ease Joel's pain in the long run. He honestly cares about Joel but feels nothing more than a bit of annoyance at Nero. He also is a stronger person than Joel, little gets him down or angry. Sure things annoy him but he takes a better look on things, he also takes center stage when Joel becomes too withdrawn into his own world. He speaks with a formal ish air to his words.

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Azure Desiderium

Eloquent Lunatic

10,725 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:14 pm
Hey hey heeey!~

I hope you're open for crits because...

...here's a crit from the resident Nergal owner. 8'D Aah <3 I'm so excited to see another Nergal app'd, you have no idea.

ANYWAY. I'd love to see more of his personality. Right now all we know about him is that he doesn't like noise and he's a bit of a hermit. When he does interact with people what is he like? What are his habits?

Also, Parasitic Nergals tend to TAKE CONTROL OF THEIR HOSTS in a not-nice kinda way usually, though there is an exception to every rule...from what I know about the 'verse that Nergals came from, it is the Nergal demon itself, not the host, that is in control. If Joel is a human who happens to have a Nergal along for the ride, I think you'd be hard-pressed to make that work in the world of Halloween, where the closest thing to humans are Reapers and the ghosts of humans (who oft remember nothing of their own past). So the human would be the little voice in the back of your head, and the Nergal would be the conscious presence (tho that's not to say that the human doesn't have those awkward moments of lucidity). I really really would HIGHLY recommend reading Grim Tales, which is where the Nergal concept in TiH received its inspiration.

If Joel were to have become a Nergal in the way his backstory describes, it would likely mean that the girl was under control of a Nergal demon, or was a Nergal to begin with, and when she was dying proceeded to 'jump ship', and YAY, NEW HOST.

8'D I really love Nergals. ANYWAY. Hope that wasn't too harsh, and if you'd like to just chat up about Nergal awesome, do let me know and I'll ping you my AIM or somesuch. Hope it helps!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:11 am
Tweaked things a little bit also drew a chibi of him in the hatter outfit. xD
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:21 pm
NERGALLSSS biggrin D

It looks so great I love it! I think in terms of personalities its pretty rare for Hunters to kill people these days or even in the past unless they had direct ties to amityville (plot reason) but it's okay for them to have witnessed their parents being abducted by SHADOWY FIGURES. In general outside of Amityville, most people think hunters are myths, so they wouldn't be able to label the abductee as a Hunter, if that makes any sense!

I love it so far! Also nergals can have a collective consciousness and be made of a variety of parasites, one for the tail, one for head, one for wings etc, so that's fine with the multiple personalities. It' sjust one nergal, just they've sort of transformers grouped themselves together to become MEGAZORD or w/e look its been a while since I've seen transformers okay don't judge me.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:25 pm
Zoobey
NERGALLSSS biggrin D

It looks so great I love it! I think in terms of personalities its pretty rare for Hunters to kill people these days or even in the past unless they had direct ties to amityville (plot reason) but it's okay for them to have witnessed their parents being abducted by SHADOWY FIGURES. In general outside of Amityville, most people think hunters are myths, so they wouldn't be able to label the abductee as a Hunter, if that makes any sense!

I love it so far! Also nergals can have a collective consciousness and be made of a variety of parasites, one for the tail, one for head, one for wings etc, so that's fine with the multiple personalities. It' sjust one nergal, just they've sort of transformers grouped themselves together to become MEGAZORD or w/e look its been a while since I've seen transformers okay don't judge me.

xD That's kinda legit. Also I'll tweak the part with the hunters, thank you for your help. ^^  

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces