Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:49 am
User Image

After his separation had been made official and Daizee had joined the middle class to be with her first love, Laertes had been avoiding the upper class as much as he possibly could. It was bad enough that he to worry about how his children felt about it without having to hear all the terrible gossip that his situation had caused. Some had even told him that Daizee had left him because Laertes had failed her expectations and not taken the role of Noble – which was ridiculous because Daizee was now with a commoner and so those comments were simply veiled criticism towards his decision to become a Guard. Others simply said that Daizee was not worth the effort and that he should set his aspiration on someone more purple – these lions were usually met with such coldness that they never approached Laertes again which suited him just fine, really.

Laertes had recovered quickly though. Soon he’d come to realize Daizee had always been more of friend than a mate and that that they were not really made for one another no matter how hard they tried. And she still loved that commoner fellow. He’d always known that but the thought still hurt for some reason.

Today he had made sure his adornments had been clean and shiny before he’d left the den that morning because he had a very specific resolution in mind and it involved looking his best. Now, after his shift had ended and the Guard was returning from the border, the pretty trinkets he was so fond of were dirtied by mud and foliage, lacking much of their usual impact. He had planned to find Bell at the end of his shift but now he felt compelled to return to the den to make himself presentable again before seeking out the beautiful pale lioness. So he walked up the Elsinore with quick steps, eager to reach his destination.

Hopefully, he wouldn’t ran into the very lioness that he hoped to… aw, crap!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:57 am
Mogami

User Image

Belliseema hadn't really known how to react when she had heard of the gossip that came with being a noble. She hadn't expected to take to the role, but she found that she was rather well suited here. Though the gossip was enough to make her think maybe she would have been better off as an entertainer of some sort. She hated hearing all the whispered voices talking about Laertes, as if they truly knew him.. And even for Daizee, whom she didn't know. But Daizee was the cubs that she knew very well's mother. She knew that the cubs deserved respect when it came to their mother. Though they weren't so much cubs anymore. They had grown, and fast. Still.. She had made it her mission to ignore the rumors going around. She didn't care about them, and she didn't want Laertes children knowing worrying about them.

She had been deep in thought, her mind troubled with the last rumor she had heard. She wasn't going to share it with Laertes, he didn't need that.. But then again, she didn't expect to see him either. He wasn't a noble, and he was avoiding the upper class like the plague it seemed.

She was busy placing the furs she had acquired around the den. She was attempting to make it more like a home. But the level of loneliness she encountered when she looked at it made her frown. Well.. This hadn't been what she had expected!  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:49 pm
Laertes had been so distracted by his thoughts that he walked right past his den. By the time he realized where his paws had lead him, it was too late. He was staring at Bell’s back, looking very much like an idiot as he stood in front of the Noble’s den without saying a word. He was starting to get some looks which didn’t surprise since he wasn’t a familiar sight this far up the mountain. Despite his coat, his choice of rank made him one of the lowest ranking members of the upper class and he rarely came to this den area unless he was visiting his Noble children... and his friend Bell. He knew the gossip would flare after this visit of his but it would be nearly impossible to track Bell down around the pride otherwise.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:54 am
Mogami

She looked up from her work, seeing a few glances around her but they went on about their business. She wondered if she had something on her pelt. She always hated that.. She turned, trying to look at herself, when her ruby eyes landed on him.

"Laertes!" She smiled pleasantly, and dusted off her paws as she walked closer to him. It wasn't common to see him in this area, and she hoped he was alright. He looked okay, if not a bit nervous. It was amusing seeing him that way, since he was normally such a well spoken guy.

"Well hello there, stranger." She teased.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:17 am
“Hey Bell. I wanted to talk to you but I think I misjudged a couple of things.” He looked around with a resigned expression, before shrugging and finally letting out a more characteristic chuckle. “They never ease up, do they?” He knew they weren’t looking at him because of his dirtied adornments but he’d rather think that than the alternative which was much more plausible.

“Do you time to take a walk with me? Somewhere more… quiet?” the Guard said with a silly grin, looking at his friend with hopeful eyes. The things he wanted to tell her, he really didn’t anyone else to hear. There might be some gossip after today depending on Bell’s decision but that would be inevitable. If he ended up being dumped before he’d started dating a girl, he’s rather keep it to himself though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:31 am
Mogami

"Talk? We can talk. What did you-" Then she didn't even have to ask. He hadn't expected so many others to be loitering around as if this was some sort of spectator sport. She smiled, looking at her paws and nodding before glancing back up at him.

"Vultures, the lot of them." She said, and nodded. "I can't think of anything better than going somewhere quiet." She smiled back at him, happy to see the smiling silly face. He was such a good fellow, she knew.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:04 pm
Laertes smiled as he started walking with Bell by his side. He hated that she had to be pulled into the juicy gossip of the day but if things went as he hoped today, the gossip would get much worse from now on. He wasn’t one to work in the shadows, after all.

“Thank you.” He said with unmistakable relief once they were alone. He even watched the trees carefully because some of the Nobles had little birds for companions and the Guard didn’t doubt they were used for spying more often than not. “I really wanted to talk to you today. I was going to make myself presentable first but… well, that’s not important.”

This whole situation had seemed a lot easier when he’d been playing the scenario in his mind. He was looking ahead now, pointedly avoiding Belliseema’s gaze.

“You’ve been a really good friend, Bell. I went through a rough patch and you were there for me. There are things I can’t really talk about with the kids, you know?” Actually, there were many things he couldn’t really say in front of his sons and daughter after he and Daizee had parted ways and it was hard to know who to trust in this pride.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:19 pm
Mogami

This conversation felt like a serious one. Though she mostly thought that because he wasn't looking at her. She felt nervous with him keeping his eyes away, but she managed to hide it. She was a pretty agreeable girl, and she wasn't about to call him out for it. Maybe later, once he looked a little more calm. But right now, he needed support.

She had always been his support, once his Daizee had left him. When he acknowledged the fact, she felt her eyes widen and her jaw dropped a bit. Not that he was looking, thank goodness. But she hadn't realized that he would ever mention it.

"What are friends for, Laertes?" She chuckled, though her heart was fluttering in her chest. "I completely understand. If I had cubs, I wouldn't say just anything around them." She responded. She had raised his cubs, a good bit of their lives, though it wasn't the same.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:22 am
“Yes, well. You see. ” Laertes sighed before taking a deep breath as if he was gathering up courage in the air around him.

“I’ve been friends with a girl… before we messed everything up… and I’m pretty sure this is not what it feels like. I don’t really see you like that and I don’t think the kids do either.” He finally dared to look her way, his mouth opening in a silly grin. “Even Lucetta warmed up to you… in her own way.” His daughter had been a bit of a challenge at first and her fiery temper had worried Laertes on more than one occasion so he was grateful that she had come to accept that Bell was in his life. He just needed to clarify exactly how the pale Noble fit in their family life.

“I want you in my life, Bell. Closer. Officially. Damn the rumors and the gossip.” He looked somewhat worried for an instant. It wasn’t just his position he had to consider. “I know I’m the lowest rank of the upper class and you could do so much better and I know there are many lion keeping an eye on you, only an idiot wouldn’t and I know you're also tired of all the rumors and speculation and I just…” Oh yes, Laertes, the confident Guard, was officially rambling.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:45 am
Mogami

When he began talking, she listened intently. She pictured Daizee, and he with Daizee, curled up together talking little dreams and romances. She felt a pang of jealousy at the idea of what it may have looked like. She imagined it was still a warm conversation, there was no way Laertes did anything without thinking it through. He thought he had loved Daizee, of that she had little doubt.

Though a lot had changed, and she knew that Daizee wasn't usually on his thoughts anymore. Not like they used to be.

Then he looked at her, and her heart melted a bit. The conversation had turned to her, and she was kind of curious about it. She knew what she wanted him to say.

She went to open her mouth, and then he continued talking. It took a few seconds, and he was rambling up a storm. She raised her paw, placing it against his maw gently. She smiled, shaking her head but not to say no. She thought he was adorable, and her heart was keeping her from saying a whole lot right away. So she took a few breaths before she smiled back up at him.

"Laertes, I don't think I could be happier with anyone else. I could take a lifetime of rumors, and still want to be with you." She said, her eyes soft as they gazed up into his eyes. She was being genuine, and open, but goodness did her belly feel full of butterflies.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:30 am
"No, wait..." with her paw over his maw, Laertes actually looked scared for a moment, as if he was interpreting her shaking head as the end of a relationship that had barely started. And then she smiled and Laertes felt a deep misery deep within himself as he got ready to be let down easy. In truth, this was the one thing that the purple Guard - who greatly valued proper manners and composure in every possible situation - knew he'd not be able to take graciously when he was opening his heart and pulling all his feelings into the open.

"For Gods' sake, Bells." Laertes said in one short breath, joining his forehead with hers. He was feeling strangely vulnerable right now which was very unfamiliar feeling for the Guard, akin only to the feelings he had when considering his children's future. "You really scared me there."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 am
Mogami

"Well how else am I supposed to keep you on your toes?" She asked, winking at him. When his forehead met hers, she closed her eyes, purring a little. She hadn't thought he'd ever come to the idea that she was good for him. She wasn't sure that they were ever going to be anything past what they were. Though she had dreamed it, many nights.

"In truth? I've waited a long time for you to say those words to me. Now that you did.. It took me a minute to make sure I wasn't in a dream." She said, her eyes meeting his before she nuzzled under his chin.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:29 am
"You'll be the death of me." Laertes said quietly when her eyes met his and the Guard grinned gently when she nuzzled him. He could barely believe that this amazing lioness was finally his and that she felt the same way about him. How could he possibly have been so lucky? "No one can push me offbalance like you do."

He paused, a mix of worry and amusement slipping into his expression.

"Should we.. hum... go tell the kids? And make it completely official..." It was a thought that explained the emotions on his expression better than words could. Daizee was a good mother and it was hard for the kids to feel reluctant to have her presence replaced in any way no matter how much they liked Daizee. Montague was expecially close to Daizee and Lucetta always reacted in ways Laertes failed to anticipate. Oh, and let's not forget the son who often Saw things before they actually happened. Oh yes... this was going to be fun.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:04 am
Mogami

She wasn't going to admit it out loud, but she really liked that he was all twisted tongues when he was around her. She really had that affect on the well spoken guard? That was enough for her.

"Yes, let's." She said, not anticipating that something could possibly go awry. She didn't know about Vor's powers, nor was she sure Lucetta liked her much. But she was more than willing to announce the great news.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:58 pm
"Well,... let's start with Luce." Laertes said with a mischievous grin as he thought of the little barriers they would soon have to face together. He didn't doubt that there would be some bumps on their path but as long as they stood side by side, Laertes knew they'd could handle anything fate threw at them.

- FIN -

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff