Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]
[JRP] Well...welcome! (Jayani x Farraginis)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jayani had a little skip in her step as she walked towards where she thought she was meeting Farraginis. It seemed like he wanted to join with the colony, and that made the while leopard feel pretty proud of herself. Somehow, all by herself, she was able to get a leopard to join! It certainly helped that he was handsome and polite. Certainly he would...pair up with someone soon. SHe was finally starting to feel like a true asset to the Usafi, and it was hard to not have a smile on her face.

Her paws brushed against some of the ferns as she approached the spot, her blue eyes glancing around to see his white, and yet colourful, coat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:52 pm
User Image

The multicolored leopard had followed his guide back to the colony she called home. He had to admit, the more he saw the more he liked the place. Particularly the part where there were large hunting parties that were easily capable of feeding the entire group. Not that Farraginis was a failure at hunting...it simply was a skill that needed refinement.

"So...this is it?" he asked lightly once he was sure Jayani had seen him. The white leopardess had impressed upon him - without saying a word and probably not all that intentionally either - that she didn't have a good sense of direction. Or a situational awareness. Neither was a bad thing in and of itself...but taken together he could see a few problems.

Not that this was a bad thing. It was just something he should keep in mind if he didn't want to startle the lovely leopardess.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:01 pm
Jayani's face brightened once she heard him. She hadn't really been startled by it, perhaps because he had used a soft enough voice that she felt comfortable. "Oh! Yes. Sorry. Just thinking about things." Mainly on how easy it was to bring him here, though he had made that decision himself, and she merely agreed to show him the way. She wasn't the best with directions, but she did have a decent enough nose to draw her back to the Usafi grounds.

"So, do you like it so far?" she asked, her tail swishing against the ground happily. "It took me a bit to get used to it, but I was born on the savanna."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:07 pm
"I'm from the savannah too," Farraginis admitted. It didn't sting at all though, it was a simple statement of fact. This was very different from all he'd known, but that didn't make it bad. In fact, it was a nice change. "It doesn't seem like a bad place to live at all."

In fact, there didn't seem to be any other large predators that he'd noticed in the jungle. Out on the savannah, lions reigned supreme. Here, leopards were able to take center stage. Not at all a bad thing.

"I could see myself settling down here," he told the leopardess with a smile.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:11 pm
Jayani flushed. "Yes, well....I got chased into the jungle, and could never find my way out. Joining was the best way to survive. I'm liking it." Well, nearly everyone else knew that, so that might be why they treated her a little more 'special.' Not cub-like, but near enough to it. She just took it in stride, and would do her best to show them otherwise that she could still be an asset.

"Great!" she brightened. "Its nice feeling safe, right? Even though hunting parties seems a little...strange, since I was used to being alone, it almost always guarantees that we bring something home to eat and share." The prey was different here, but in some ways, much more fun and challenging to take down.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:17 pm
Farraginis blinked as she admitted outright that her sense of direction was so poor, she'd joined the colony because she'd gotten lost nearby. That was...a bit sad, but at least it had worked out in her favor!

"Perhaps the gods intended for you to end up here?" he offered diffidently. It didn't change the truth of her version of the story, but it never hurt to make things seem more positive. Especially when the person in question was a good-looking leopardess. Not that he was thinking of her in any special way, but she was quite nice and he didn't want her to feel bad.

"Safety is no small blessing," he agreed. "I know it's quite important if one is to raise cubs one day."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:44 pm
"Gods?" She was a little surprised to hear that. "Well, perhaps..." She had only really come across lions mentioning gods before, but that didn't mean that leopards didn't believe in the gods. She was on the fence in that aspect of life.

"I do appreciate it, whether I was guided here, or the opportunity just presented itself. Its nice that its starting to feel like home....and now I'm not the newest one here!" She grinned at him.

Cubs? Cubs....that seemed to be on the mind of everyone. It filled her with a bit of anxiety, as it was just so unknown for her.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:02 pm
He smiled back. If she didn't believe in the gods, that was her perogative. He didn't mean to get into any religious debates or try to change anyone's views. So the leopard made the decision to not bring up gods again around Jayani. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable or anything.

"I'm sure you'll have to show me around the place, since I'm far newer around here than you are," Farraginis told the leopardess with a smile. Hopefully her sense of direction wasn't so bad as to get lost within the colony's ruins! Though there was no guarantee...

Oh well, getting lost with the white leopardess could be quite fun!

He'd only mentioned cubs because progeny was a goal most people had for some point in their lives. Farraginis didn't have any plans in that direction quite yet, but it was something to keep in mind.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:27 pm
"Yes! And I promise I don't get too lost in the heart of the colony, because I spend so much time here." She had a bit of a spring to her step, and she laughed as she danced a bit. A friend that she made on her terms, she knew she was being silly but she couldn't help herself.

"Is there anything that you'd like to see first?" she asked, assuming that he had a loose idea of what was where, or what there was to see....or even if he had seen something that might look interesting. She tried to not look too excited, but she was certainly enjoying the company.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:37 pm
"That is good to hear!" he teased the leopardess gently. Not that he meant to say her sense of direction was terrible...not aloud at least. But she was a charming leopardess and he had no reason to want to annoy her. Since females seemed to hold grudges much more deeply than males did...and he did want cubs. Eventually.

"I want to see everything," Farraginis replied. "And since I know nothing of this place, I must bow to your experience," he said, giving Jayani an actual and graceful bow. It was best to be polite to one's guide.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces