Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[1v1] Fourth is Final (Soren/Lan) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-16)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:59 pm
Interest or no, words still held a weight to them and she loathed the fact that even after her breakdown and having seen Zhong as she had? Males would be males. And all it said to Lan was that Soren thought too highly of himself. She had lost control of her emotions once. And was enough. His hand got her and she hissed in pain. "You linger too much with us of conquest. You are starting to act above your position." She made move to step on his foot and break free that way. Face blank she tried to keep her tone even. "Or perhaps you feel a need to challenge those who hold the reins."

HP: 15
Dmg is attempted sass  
ramenli rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 3 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:03 pm
Conquest was not above Death, and he did not like that insinuation. "Yet Conquest finds me and approaches," he growled lightly.

But if he was going to challenge, he would not dawdle as she did. She was trying to reposition herself, but she would just be met with another heavy punch from his armored hand, a bit lighter, but still a blow. "No Conquest could hope to rein me." Death...a priestess might, but even then it was him passing over the lead. It was not stripped from him.

HP: 25
Damage: 4  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-16)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:33 pm
She grit her teeth. He was wearing her down. She hadn't done close combat so basic- she had become rusty. Behind in her own skills. "You just make for a good target. There is no challenge in seeking what you know cannot offer that which we need to improve."

As he broke past her fear and she felt her body bruise further Lan glared. "To control your troops you must know when to lead and when to simply let them act. If one refuses? Break them." Her voice was void of emotion, a recital of a lesson she had once learned.

"I have no need nor time for such things."

HP: 11
Dmg is idk  
ramenli rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 pm
Her voice was flat, just telling information without understanding, and finally something she said truly crawled under his skin. He gave her a look that bordered on disgusted.

"You don't know what it means to be a soldier." It seemed like Lan was going to get a few words out of him. "How can you understand them if you just see them as pawns. Soldiers are a living unit, not toys to destroy like a petulant child. They are controlled with respect. Rank only gets a leader so far."

HP: 23
Damage: Disappoint  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-16)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:58 pm
"No, I don't know what it means." An admittance of her own ignorance. "But I knew what it was like to have some one try to break ones spirit. So I led with other means." She lashed at him, frowning slightly.

"I lost respect for myself and my lack of control. They waited for me, because they knew my emotions better than myself. So now I fight and train to regain my own respect. And to prove that I am worthy of what faith they had in me." A breath, she sighed. "We are not made of the same cloth Soren. It is as simple as that."

HP: 11
Dmg is idk  
ramenli rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:06 pm
Her words mollified him, knowing that she knew not what she spoke of. It still bothered him, but if she was working to better herself? That was commendable.

They were cut from completely different cloths. Him the soldier, willing to follow whom he respected, her the noble that expected it. Conquest soldiers did more than he ever could, he would not have been able to follow her, not as a soldier. Not because of who she was related to. Death priestesses had something special to be a priestess, a leader, but the daughter of a priestess was not guaranteed that role.

Still, she would need to prove that she was working to understand, prove she was worthy to lead a soldier. "I know. We're not compatible." An understatement that, and he lashed out again with his fist.

HP: 20
Damage: 3  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-16)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:36 pm
She snorted, a small smile on her face. "Word choice Soren." She might have taken another blow yet she would not yield or give ground. "He taught me the value of compassion. He showed me what demand alone did and I had forgotten what it did to his family. His brother broke his men. and it was his duty to piece them to become whole again. I did not have the will to break when it came time but I had my heart. So I used it. There lies my fault. I led too much with my heart, and thus-"

She shook her head. "Conquest leads by blood and by birthright, but I had lost myself. So I will return to what all of conquest learns when they fight. Why." This was not weakness she told herself. This was yet another step towards perfecting who she was. A gold arrow sent. She had weakened and she might lose, but that too would simply be a part of what it meant to be a soldier. To accept such a loss.

HP: 8
Dmg words ******** I'm just getting Lan char growth outta no where  
ramenli rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 8 Total: 16 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:44 pm
Her voice, the tone that she used, she was talking about someone special. It was easy to hear and while he did not agree with her, did not agree with Conquest's methods, that was what she knew, and she was trying to sort it all out.

The arrow tore through his flesh, a feeling that was becoming far too familiar for comfort. "Pure logic, pure heart...neither is a good option. Knowing which one to use when...that is what makes a leader." He would argue with her to some degree, but she was just going to have to learn the lesson herself.

But for now he would just remind her that she had more work ahead of her, that her blood did not get her everywhere she wanted to go. If she wanted to improve there would be work. He moved forward, reaching for her, an arm going around her shoulders and jerking her to him as his other arm brought his blade into her side, sinking into her flesh.

HP: 18
Damage: 10  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:12 am
No, neither was good in its own. It was a matter of balance. Of finding what ones strength was and harvesting that. For Lan? It was that and more. The pull matched with the blade was a bit ironic, and she groaned as she felt fear give way and blood well to the surface. He did not hesitate, did he? Neither words nor actions. "I think Soren, when you wish to hug someone you don't quite stab them in the process." A light push to his cheat she was ready to disengage.

"Lost Clans. No, we're all a bit still stuck I think in our four. This is just-" she sighed, "- temporary. We never were good at understanding each other in reflection."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:31 am
Soren snorted at the idea that that could somehow have romantic undertones. When he held a mare...she knew it. His hold relaxed easily as she pushed away, eyeing her as she moved back, making sure she was steady on her feet.

"Medea said we could regain the four," he rumbled, one of the tidbits he had clung to. To go back to Death. It would be different to leave behind those that he knew from here, but to go back to what he knew?

To go back to reaping?

It was hardly a contest.

He moved back a step, looking down at her still. "You show promise as a leader." He did not think she was quite there yet. "If you want to train again you know how to find me." Not that he could guarantee a great fight, they seemed to go back and forth a bit, but for something different? For something without the niceties of Conquest? There was some value in that.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:45 am
She held the wound at her side. Thank the ancestors she had not come as she normally did. "We will. That has never been a question. Well, not much among conquest." They knew because after all, they never lost what was theirs. "Still thank you for the spar. You prove... A worthy adversary." She gave him a rather blank look before it shifted to a small smile. "Things will just take time I suppose. No one spar will make me the better. Though admittedly this is the second time I have lost. I need to remedy that. Else you think to grand of your self."  
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff