Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[1v1] Go back to Start (Lan vrs Shaheen) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Seussi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-16)

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:02 pm
And just like that, the voices receded once more, their ebb and flow almost like the tides of the ocean, sometimes stormy, and other times still and peaceful. The stormy times came more often then the peaceful ones now, but she still took what she could get. Calling her unwell? That actually stung more then getting struck by Lan's bow. Her hand fell from her temple, her golden eyes opened and narrowed. She liked Lan, she did, but if she was going to be so insulting then Shaheen might find herself reassessing that feeling.

"I am perfectly fine, thank you." She managed to keep the snarl out of her voice before she moved swiftly forward, slashing with a backhand move at the noblewoman with her dagger to show her just how fine she was currently feeling.

HP: 13
Damage: 4

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:35 am
If Shaheen said she was fine? Then Lan would take it for what it was. A woman had her right to go without prodding. If a horsewoman felt ill they would usually say something, it were the males that were often too stubborn to say anything at all. As the dagger cut into her Lan smiled a bit through the pain. “Good. You are a skilled fighter, and would not wish an unfair spar between us.”

Spinning her bow in hand, golden wood was lifted as she drew the string back. Her attack nearly missing.

HP: 14
Dmg: 1
seussi

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Seussi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 7 Total: 10 (2-16)

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 pm
It seemed that Lan was going to drop the subject of Shaheen's health and well being, which was good because if she had pressed the matter there would have been some hell to pay. As it was, however, the other woman managed to earn some brownie points with her bit of flattery, which earned her a smile...or it could have been a smirk. With Shaheen, it was always hard to tell the difference.

"You seem to have many skills yourself." She replied, as the arrow barely grazed her dagger wielding arm, which made the war woman toss the dagger to her other hand before she darted forward for another diagonal slash across the womans front.

"Do you not find it difficult to maneuver in such clothing?" She asked with a frown, genuinely curious as she had always found conquest's choice of garb so completely unnecessary. She would more then happily continue to slash away at it until Lan was left with something as skimpy as the chieftain herself wore, just to see if somebody from conquest could do so without exploding or melting or whatever might happen to them should they actually expose some amount of skin.

HP:12

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 8 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:11 am
Compliments were a fast way to win lan over. It didn’t matter when or where they came. Compliments made Lan feel all the more validated in whatever it was she was being complimented on. Backhanded compliments? Under it all you were probably just jealous of her skills. Lan had little doubt that some were jealous of one thing or another. Pride might be down for Lan but never out, never ever gone. “Thank you, I do try.” The dagger switched hands and Lan almost felt it go further into her then what would be… pleasant. Silks tore and she cursed herself. At least her outfit was being ruined by Shaheen and not some other individuals.

“We are trained to fight at a moment’s notice. If we go into battle we have… other outfits we may wear, but no, it is not difficult, this is what I must move it every day. I must then, master my movements and my form.” Bow drawn up she tried to be the master of garments but… it was always a bit subjective with some wardrobe choices.

HP: 10
Dmg:3
seussi

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Seussi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-16)

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:57 am
Shaheen nodded thoughtfully, though it still seemed rather pointless to her. Why learn to do something that could be avoided if one just worse sensible garb on a daily basis? In her mind, conquest was far too focused on looking pretty and should instead have put other priorities first. But she supposed if they were content to practice maneuvering in that which seemed wholly unnecessary, all the power to them. Besides, Lan was a noblewoman, so she could somewhat understand her dress. Zhi on the other hand....She could continue to judge Zhi, and not just on his choice of clothing.

The next arrow hit her more solidly then the one before, and she staggered back a couple of steps. So far the battle seemed like a fairly even match up, and she had to give the other woman credit for that. Switching from weapon to limbs once more the war chieftain aimed a kick towards Lan's stomach.

HP: 9

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:05 pm
To be fair, Zhi confused a lot of people. Lan included, though she chalked him up and good intentioned. Yet tradition was tradition, and Lan could not be the exception, (even if sometimes she tried… a little too hard). Robes getting int the way or not, they could have a practical use, such as large sleeves being flung to try and distract, wrapping them around a neck… holding minipets. Lan once had a foxfire in her sleeves but alas, such was no more.

Kick connecting Lan felt her balance become lost as she went back, perhaps her robes her saving grace as she went down then came back up in a bit of flourish, fabric going this way and that. “Tell me, do all of war have knowledge to fight with their bodies, not just their weapons?”

HP: 6
Dmg:  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Seussi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-16)

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:40 pm
Shaheen shrugged, her shoulders rolling in a relaxed manner as she backed away again, attempting to avoid those robes that were flung about as Lan regained her balance. "We are taught to utilize anything and everything. Not just our weapons and our bodies, but things found in nature, in the world. As young children we were trained to fight against mobile targets that could attack us in return. We were sent into the jungles without weapons, forced to learn how to improvise." She smiled at the memories, a flash of teeth that was more savage then friendly.

And as though to emphasize her point, the chieftain produced a rock from...wait, where did she even get that? In any case, she flipped it at the other woman, though it was small and wouldn't do much to harm her, it would probably sting a little when it connected, as she aimed it for the back of Lan's bow wielding hand.

HP: 9
Damage: 1

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:56 pm
Indeed a vast difference then the world Lan had grown up in. Her childhood had been steeped in tradition, in living a pampered life, in more lessons behind a desk than on a field. She could use her bow yes, she’d been taught to fight, but her calling had been to other things. To her house, to her role, to tasks filled with politics she might one day need to be a part of. Things that now, seemed a world away. A noble with no house, no home, nothing under them. Nothing above them. A somewhat bleak existence really.

“Our childhoods could not have been more different. Just how does Medea expect us to bond again?” It was a light jest, followed with a wince as rock connected, a tiny cut on her knuckle. Bow brough up, golden arrow was sent to Shaheen as Lan looked for a better cover or vantage point.. which there were not many, unless she suddenly mastered flight.

HP: 5
DMg; 3
Seussi

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Seussi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-16)

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:47 am
Shaheen scoffed a laugh, even as another blow glanced off of her, weakening her further still. She shook her head a little, her blonde mass of tangled curls bouncing along her bare back and around her face. "Though our childhoods may have been quite dissimilar, I would say that we are not that different from each other, you and I. You were born to your place and...some would have said that I was as well." Her parents had both been highly respectable citizens of war. Her mother, a Chieftain, her father an Executioner. There had been little doubt that their daughter would be risen to great heights herself, even if she'd had to work for it through sweat and bloodshed, fighting for what she always knew she would obtain.

Because it had been so fun the first time, she produced another small pebble and flicked it at the other woman again. It might have even appeared she was no longer taking the battle as seriously as she had been before.

HP:6
Damage: 1

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 3 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:37 am
Not utterly different perhaps, but different enough. Lan was of her own mindset, not prone to changes so swiftly. Yet to perhaps one day understand war better? She liked such notions. To know others could aid her, especially if she found herself in battles with other horsemen of war for whatever reason. “Born to my station, I was tasked with work of my social standing. Work of a lady, on occasion the work of a male in the chance my husband might one day be slain in truth or I would need to hold my own house.” A deep breath. “But now while I am the last of my house, I have no house to run. A bit… ironic I suppose, that such things I have been taught for can no longer be used due to our current circumstances.”

A pebble flung up, it hit her hand again, earning a slight pout. “You’re going to leave me with block knuckles at this rate. Some horseman will wonder who I backhanded so hard.” A shot with her bow she smiled a bit.

HP: 4
Seussi

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Seussi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-16)

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:58 am
Shaheen shrugged, because what did she know of anything like that? What she knew was the feel of a weapon almost constantly in her hand. Not necessarily her own dagger, but of the sword, the bow, the spear. Anything and everything that could have been utilized in battle. Rocks, ropes, tree branches, even sand. It all had it's uses. The arrow that whistled off of Lan's bow and struck her in the side of her stomach, weakening her shield further, nearly shattering it. She stumbled back, her lips twitching up into a grin.

Shaheen knew war. She knew how to sow the seeds of discourse and anarchy. She knew the sound of the wind in her ears as she dove down from high up above, the sound of wings buffeting the air. She knew the thrill of the hunt in a humid jungle, the feel of the ocean spray against her face when she flew too low along the line where the beach met the tide. She knew satisfaction of being in control of everything, of having things in her life be perfect.

And she knew the anguish of having that all taken away, stolen. The pain of falling from far too high. The torment that was the price she paid for surviving. The disease, the affliction, the grey taint that streaked her skin and her hair and spread poison in her mind, burying it's tendrils deep in her thoughts.

"And you will be able to tell them that you defeated a chieftain of war." She smiled. though there was bitterness in uplifting of lips. She was already letting her posture change, her stance relax as she straightened, giving the noblewoman a nod, accepting defeat, knowing that she had little left to continue on with.

HP: 2
Damage: nawp

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 8 Total: 13 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:47 am
A single shot, face devoid of any trace of a smile. "Or perhaps I will tell them that I hurt myself at practice." She held nothing back as she let the arrow fly. "You say we are not so different, yet you accept defeat before it even comes. A victory over those who do not fight is not a true victory Shaheen" A sigh. "It's only a hollow mockery of such."

HP: 4
Dmg: 7
Seussi

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:16 am
Of course, once somebody of war admitted defeat, that generally meant that the battle was over. Though it was over sooner in Shaheen's mind. What had started out as exciting had gradually dulled. Maybe the taint of insanity was taking away what little pleasures she had left. Of course, this was conquest that she was dealing with. It was not enough for them to just accept their victory. No.

They had to crush their opponent into the ground, grind them into dust beneath their heel. She should have expected as much, but she didn't. She just stared at Lan, her eyes a little wider then usual, before narrowing, glaring at the noblewoman who was leveling an arrow straight at her.

She had no words to match the sudden fiery rage behind her eyes. Lan's words were drowned out by the whispers in her head, doubt and betrayal burning through her head, consuming everything else. She had accepted defeat, while she still had enough left to be able to walk away, with a shred of her dignity in tact. Lan was about to tear that away from her with the thrum of a bowstring.

The arrow loosed. Pain blossomed, sharp and unbearable. Blood began to flow from an open wound, and Shaheen gasped just before she crumpled to the ground, her Fear shield shattered, her mind fading to darkness.

HP: -5

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:51 pm
There might have been some minor guilt about shooting Shaheen, but to give up just like that… Lan didn’t like it. It felt like it had been handed to her. There was no sweet victory to her taste, no, only a bitter win. As Shaheen went down, Lan watched as blood came forth. So much for leaving her unmarked.

Later, Shaheen would wake, wound bandaged, a small orchid sitting next to her. It would be all the apology Lan would make.

seussi
QQ SLOWBUTT VAMPS but yeah wrap sob sob so bad

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers