Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP - West] Meandering at the Border (Xun Li x Zaziel)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 pm
User Image

Xun Li trotted the boundaries between the West House, her home, and the lands beyond. It was hard being away from her parents and siblings, but she was more than happy to finally be able to do the job she had been trained from since she and her siblings were born. That and the fact that Xun Li loved racing toward the end goal, racing against her own best time. Too bad there wasn't a message or even reason to race right now.

Squinting into the land that didn't belong to her home, Xun Li wondered if she could take a few hours to visit one of her family members. Her sister or her parents. Xun Li debated the thought as she found a comfortable place to site see, laying down.

Maybe when she returned to the inner lands of the West House, there would be a job for her to do. A message to deliver. Even a small one. That would give her a reason to run. Or she could see if any of the other pride members needed some kind of help and talk to. Maybe they would have news or something new to say. Something she could pass on to her parents. Something prevalent. Or just interesting. That would be nice. An interesting conversation. About anything really.

And a job. Those were the two things Xun Li really wanted at the moment. A good interesting conversation and a message to deliver. She doubted she was going to get either today. Maybe not even tomorrow.

Xun Li let out a sigh and closed her eyes to enjoy the sun on her fur.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:45 pm
User ImageNeither cheetah, nor lion, Zaziel was ... a mix of both worlds. His mother, had not known what to do with having 'cubs'. Which wasn't apart of her plan, one went with the father while the others.. stayed with her. She THOUGHT she could take care of them til she fell ill and was attacked while hunting.. A cheetah found her, and helped her.. A gentle, beautiful cheetah. Like a mother.. Which helped her care for her cubs for weeks to gain their trust.. This 'help' came with a price tag she didn't know of- their father had been a cheetah after all. When she brought the one who saved her life in to her home, she didn't know that after weeks of loving and caring.. Her cubs would be gone. Along with the cheetah whom helped her.. Ailed- heartbroken, even if she had no idea of cubs- she loved and tried her hardest with them only to lose them in an instant.

But that fell short with Zaziel. The cub couldn't keep up.. and had fallen sick. The cheetah- with no concern, left the cub as to not slow her down any further... Without a heart.. But by the graces of the gods, a rather peculiar Hare took in the cub.. Along with her boyfriend, and a featherbrain friend of hers- an odd family that also consisted of a wilddog family and a genet. The hare was famous for taking 'predators' as children.. But with Zaziel it was different. All the others were already grown when she cared for them. Zaziel was just a cub.. she made it her mission to care of him, heal him and raise him as her own. But when he started to grow his mane, it was time to tell him the truth- and set him free..To carve his own path.. But she wouldn't let him go alone. No sir- This Hare was far too smart.. And sent her friend- Aiolos with him. Maybe for that featherbrain to gain some responsibility!

"You will always be my mother.."
"You know what I told you about that~ *sigh* Now don't be a stranger- You know there is always room for you to visit!"
"Heh- I will ma.."

And with the fisherman eagle.. they traveled. Far and wide- expirenced many things, attacked, and helped- for being so young he had explored a chunk of land before coming across a land.. Beautiful rocks and caverns.. The forest.. It was gorgeous, and he had been a sucker for enjoying the little things in life that everyone took for granted. Something about him just gushed out words like 'humble' to describe the male. Maybe that's what being raised by a Hare meant. On the other side, a part of him wanted to find his birth mother.. But he left that in faith's hands as he wondered..

"This looks like an interesting place to rest?"

The bird hovered slightly above him. "Haha If thar be water- I'mma dyin' for a fish er two! I'll go look~ aye!" Taking big sweeping gusts of wind beneath him and flew up above the trees to get a better look..

While Zaziel was left to wonder the forest alone, taking in the sight like any tourist would do, and after a few moments alone.. He homed in on a sound.. Which he followed until he saw her. She looked good natured- even if she were not, Zaziel would always liked to meet new others. Trying his hardest not to disturb her, he got all the way beside her before he noticed that her eyes were closed and a smile crossed his maw.

"Beautiful day isn't?" His voice was soft, having come up next to her, but just a few feet away as to not completely startle her.

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:46 am
The unfamiliar voice startled Xun Li. She gave a little jump and snapped open her eyes. She even had to squint to see since she had allowed herself to grow accustomed to dulled light behind her eyelids. Then she tried to cover up her moment of startlement. A messenger shouldn't be caught off guard like that. And she didn't want this person, whoever he was, to go back to the pride or the West House and tell them she was inefficient or lax. She diffidently didn't want to be taken like a foolish messenger.

Xun Li turned to the feline that had startled her, about to glare at him for making her feel like a fool. But then the sound of his voice, soft and considerate, just like his stance and Xun Li couldn't find it in herself to do what she had intended. Mentally she shrugged. It wasn't like she could stay mad at anyone for very long. So this situation broke her record time of becoming unmad.

"Yes, it is a beautiful day." Xun Li wondered if the young male was a part of one of the other houses, because she didn't recognize him from the West House. "Are you a messenger?" Maybe that's why he was out here enjoying the day. With no messages to deliver, it was the best way to get out of others' ways. Those that did have jobs to complete.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Zaziel's calming nature was shown when he turned to greet the female with a soft and genuine smile. "Nhm." Nodding to show he heard her. Then his ears opened and he was drawn back, shaking his head. "No, no messenger, unless its a messenger of good faith." A chuckle came out of him lightly, and he graced his eyes over her. "Im sorry, I forgot to ask... So rude of me. Is this seat reserved?" Which, from what he was taught, never assume and usually there no lone travelers anymore. Very far in between would he meet one, especially one going his way.

"Looked like a nice place to rest. Are you a native here?" His tail softly wagging. Letting nature be absorbed around him.. Then he looked back at her, "Zaziel, I seem forgetful today. Heh. Zaziel is the name, and yours? Promise I mean no harm. Just in case you were wondering."

Dame NightFury

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 pm
Chi Sohma

Xun Li shook her head. "No. If you're not a messenger, than what are you?" She asked innocently looking at him. Maybe he was a trader? Or a hunter? An artisan? There were many occupations that would bring the young male here. She didn't mean to jump to the conclusion that he was a messenger, only that it was the first thing that pop into her mind because she was one.

"Native? To the West House? No. My siblings and I were born in the Central House. I was given the job of being Messenger to the West House." Xun Li pointed in the direction of the Central House where her parents still lived. Where the Empress, bless Her, lived and ruled. "My name is Xun Li. Nice to meet you, Zaziel." She tilted her head at Zaziel sounding the name out in her head. "I don't think I've ever heard that proper name before. What does it mean? Xun Li means fast beauty."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:45 pm

For the most part, Zaz was.. somewhat confused. She was including him in her .. what she spoke about reminded me like what a 'tribe' should be. He's met only a few of those.. Called them 'prides' but she spoke to him as if he were apart of hers, and he merely smiled fondly at her. "No one special." Speaking humbly. "You must be the best messenger right? Given such a job. They must really have some light shed on you?" How she spoke- and wanted to speak to others like her, well.. He read her body language and the most he could do was just that. "Beautiful name.." At least to keep the conversation going at least. Chuckling as she spoke, just to himself, she really did mistaken him as one of her own..

So engaged with their conversation, he hadn't noticed himself come close to her. Just.. she was.. something about her..

"It means.. " He slowly leaned in to her, almost drawn to her as she spoke. Nearly not realizing how close he had gotten to her face.. "Angel ... summoned for love invocations.." He was so absorbed for the moment..just close enough to kiss- the moment was perfect! But..... It hardly gave him time to think before-

A certain bird came dashing down at full speed.. "OYE AYE! FOUND YEA LITTLE BUD!" Then crashed down in to a landing right in front of them. Rolling up about a foot away from them with his wings outspread and flattened.. "Ow.." The bird grumbled... he'd been facing south, but slowly he moved his head to face north- where they were.. "Oh.. a lass!~" Jumping up, shaking his tail feathers, then slowly wobbled til he turned around to see Zaziel close to the girl.

"Oye! A cute lass yes- but not to be pullin' a tail so fast!"

That's when he finally noticed he had gotten so close, when he looked at Aiolos, then back at her.. Then down as he was called out on it. Nervous, he softly chuckled to try and play it off. "Oh um.. Right.. This is Aiolos. My .. um.." He couldn't even call him 'uncle' anymore- that would be awkward...

"Aiolos lass, Aiolos- and dis lad here be m'nephew. Sworn to protect~"

Zaziel's jaw almost dropped- and again he just started to laugh.. He wouldn't have lied about it, but darn it was slightly embarrassing.. "My mother is a worrybunny. So now I'm stuck with this guy~" Making a slight joke- though it was entirely true..

The bird bowed, to the female then looked at Zaziel, giving him a hefty nod. "There be- feish up da way! Found'm and dey be west of here lad. So we're hungry~ we better getta move on!"

"Ah, hold on!" As he saw the bird starting to wobble away, he turned to the female with a soft smile. "Want to have some lunch with us? We're not much of cooks but I know I can at least make something bearable? If your not too busy running messages." Giving her a ginger grin as he slowly got up to follow, and rose his paw out to help her up, if she wanted to come..

Dame NightFury

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:33 am
Zaziel wasn't like the other males she knew. He didn't make her feel competitive like most of those. And unlike her brothers, she didn't want to play rough with him, though it wasn't because Xun Li didn't think or feel that the young male wasn't fun. It was more - something else. His smiled relaxed her. And every time it crept across his face and settled in his eyes, something fluttered in her stomach to distraction. She didn't even notice when the movements to get closer, the shrinking space between them.

Xun Li blushed and looked down. "No. I have two brothers and a sister who are messengers too. And my parents are very fast. And there isn't many messages to be delivered right now. That's why I'm out here. I didn't want to get in anyone elses' way. Just because I don't have messenger business, doesn't mean that others don't have their own businesses to tend to, you know?"

Zaziel. Angel. Xun Li could see that. It was in his smile and his soothing presence. She whispered softly, shyly after his compliment sunk in even as speaking louder became unnecessary, "Thank you. My common name, Siar, means west. Zaziel is a handsome name. Is that your proper name or your common name?" Xun Li asked not really caring about the answer. Whichever it was, it was obvious why he used that one rather than the other. It fit him. And this close, it was very well fitted to Zaziel.

And she started to wonder what else fitted Zaziel. Like the way his fur would feel if they rubbed up against each other. Or how his nose felt against her own. Would it be warm and dry or wet and cold? Xun Li was pulled closer to him, towards his muzzle, his nose, his lips, his mouth. How would his tongue -

Xun Li pulled back startled for the second time since she had decided to relax out of the way here outside the West House and its busy lands. And this time it was worse. The feathered lump that fell, landed, dropped out of the sky in front of them was not anything she expected. At all. And it didn't have Zaziel's calming aura. In fact, it did the opposite until it spoke, and its pain grumbled from its beak.

Blushing, Xun Li wished she could bury her head in the earth. Or hide behind tall tall grass. But she couldn't. Not at all. In fact if she looked down, she would only be staring squarely at the bird that had pointed out what they had been doing without conscious thought. So instead, Xun Li tried to find some interesting clouds while she concentrated on dulling the blush.

"Hello, Aiolos, it's nice - Wait. Nephew?" That confused looked to Zaziel as nervously laughed. Okay. Nephew. That was - odd. "Oh. Okay. I'm sorry, it's a pleasure to meet you, Aiolos." His mother must have an alliance with a bird clan or nest to send out with her children. Xun Li had head of felines and their familiars doing things like that.

Xun Li took Zaziel's paw to help her get up. Not that she needed it, but it was nice to have. And nice of him to offer. "What's feish?" She asked as she shook out her fur, dislodging any dirt or things from it. "I could eat lunch, if your 'uncle' doesn't mind having me around." Another blush. Xun Li felt like that was all she was going to do for the rest of the day. Blush.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:38 pm

It was embaressing and oh how Aiolos killed the moment, if he had even thought it was a moment to relish in. "Yea... Dont mind him. " Once again, so naturally came his smiles. Although, today he could give her thanks for being the reAson for them. Taking her paw within his, he gently lifted.her up and looked to where the bird was going so they wouldnt get lost. Then padded after him, as if walking on water. Everything about him was gentle.

"Well, that bird you saw. My uncle calls me bud but my common name, dont laugh but tootles. They called me that because I couldnt say turtles, they were fasinating..." A moment of silence before he.laughed at his own nickname. "Ok you can laugh but anyhow, that means youll be eating with us? Ill have to really step up my game."

"Less chirpin' more a walkin'!"His wing was kinda hurt as he padded it down more then gave them a look behind them. Wasn't it the cutest thing hed ever seen. Zaziel had a kindness to him, a charm that others would attract to but also take advantage. "May need ta' see your matha'.. Think ma wing is broke." Grumbling. "Aye lass! Ye know howta fix m'wing?"

"Ma is a bit far Aiolos." Ears back as he feel pray to worry. "Feish... Is fish. Yea' know. The ones you catch in the water. Says that there is a stream somewhere around her?" Softly wagging his tail. "He is asking if there may be a healer? Of some sort around here? " Then he looked to aiolos. "I can check it when we get to the spring." Then he looked at her, and just stared.. Absorbing her sight which made him smile even if it wasnt a moment for it. Passing his sight somewhere else. "He won't mind , trust me. Just cranky cause hes hungry."

"Aye not too bad but needa check yea kno? Neva be to careful aye."

Dame NightFury

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:21 pm
"Tootles?" Xun Li bit her lip so as not to laugh. It was a funny name, but if it was only his common name, it wasn't like Zaziel would use it often. But - "Your parents' gave you your common name after you could speak for yourself?" Xun Li asked tilting her head enough so that she could see Zaziel and the eagle so as not to step on him. That was not something Xun Li had ever heard happening before.

That was something else Xun Li didn't understand that Zaziel had said. He was going to make her something to eat. Why wouldn't she just eat the prey raw like normal? Or did he have a combination of meat to mix together. But Xun Li didn't want to say anything though. It might be too rude to comment on eating habits, especially when what he put together could be delicious.

Xun Li shook her head. "I can probably bind it so you don't damage it further, but I'm only a messenger, not a doctor. Doesn't your House have a doctor you can go to?" She at the little bird in front of her. Surely all the houses had doctors and they wouldn't turn away such a useful pair of eyes and skill. A trade could easily be made in exchange of a healing.

"Is your mother in the East House?" She asked gently. "That could be a far walk for you Aiolos. Especially if you are used to flying. I could run you there instead, if you'd like."

Oh. Fish. Well, they were good when you couldn't catch any other prey. And they were probably eagles' favorite meat after all. "Yep, there's a stream, and some more waterways all over the ... West ... House." Xun Li started to slow her speech down unconsciously when she noticed Zaziel looking at her. A long look. She was blushing again.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:38 pm

He noticed her blush, more bashful which he couldn't help to chuckle a little. "Nervous?" Innocently he asked... Softly leaning a bit towards her way to close the gap. He wasn't like this to everyone but he was friendly. His mother taught him that, and his father taught him about survival. As he got older, he became their protector. AFter a few wobbles, Zaziel's ears perked and when Aiolos looked like he was about to fall. He buckled his paws in to the ground and dashed so gracefully towards the bird and nabbed him before he fell. Plucking him from, and setting him down on his back. "You gotta be more careful Uncle." Genuinely concerned as he turned around to the girl.

He had stayed quiet about the fact he wasn't apart of her pride. He didn't lie but he didn't speak up sooner. "I think having it tied would be nice. Hes.crashed in to rocks in the ocean before. No problem." His tail swished as he waited for her to catch up.

"West ... House? East? We're from da south lov. What is this lass sayin' bud?" Holding his other wing in to Zaziel's growing mane. "I'll be fine. Maybe dis featherbrain needs rest. De stream is about ... Some far left from here. Bout a few more strides lad. Wake me when we 're thar." The bird yawned and circled on Zaziel's back then puffed up against the dip of his shoulders.

"She is talking about these lands." He noted the birds instructions and when he felt the bird fall asleep he kept walking in some silence. Contemplating how the situation would play out. He kept walking until he realized he didnt know where he was going having been distracted so much. "I.. Think we 're lost." Slowing down his steps. "Do.. You know where we are? Or where that stream is?"

Dame NightFury

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 pm
Xun Li shook her head. No, it wasn't nerves that made her blush, but she didn't know if she wanted to know what colored her pale fur and heated her cheeks.

When the eagle started to wobble, Xun Li made to go and catch him, but Zaziel was already there, plucking his 'uncle' onto his back. He really was sweet. And it just made her blush some more. She was really going to have to work on that. She was blushing way too much. It was going to change her fur color if she kept on like she was. Xun Li slowed down to regain her composure when Zaziel turned around and waited for her to catch up.

"I'll see what kind of plants and veins are in the area. Maybe there'll even be some drift wood about the size of your wing Aoilos, to splint it to."

When the eagle confirmed they were from the South House, Xun Li smiled and waited for Aoilos to fall asleep on Zaziel's back. "Well, the South House isn't as far as the East House. It would be too far for Aoilos to walk, we could take turns carrying him on our back after we eat and I bind his wing."

At Zaziel's admittion, Xun Li smiled. Well, he wasn't a messenger with his lack of focusless direction. And the South House would explain his rather odd name, Zaziel, since it was the diplomatic house of the pride. "Of course." Xun Li took the lead, but made sure Zaziel wasn't behind her, but to the side of her. "The stream isn't that far. Aoilos had it right, just a few strides, if we were running. A few more since we're doing a slow walk."

Xun Li weaved through the slightly wooded area, avoiding paths that would jolt the bird resting on Zaziel's back. She tilted her head to the side and smiled broader when she heard the tingling sound of water over stones. The creek or stream Aoilos must have seen. "Here we are."

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:32 pm
User Image
"I could help, My mother used to fix all kinds of wounded animals. Especially this bird, and Father." He smiled widely. "We're the types that like helping and taking in those whom hurt or in need of homes. Of all types and kinds." Soft in his depiction of his family, a hare for mother and father? A bird as an uncle, well he never really told anyone because no one asked, it was normal to him but... he wouldn't willingly give information when it wasn't asked for.

"Water~" He spoke after her, then slowly went up to it and ducked his head low, "Aiolos~ wake up~ water~."

Grubling, he wasn't in the best of moods but he rolled off the hybrid and in to the water with a huge SPLASH that could have woken up any neighboring birds. He was a fisher. Dunked in to the water and let himself glide.. It was an amazing feat, even for birds of his type but still, this was where he was most at home. When finally he came up for air, he nose shot up air while his beak full of a wangler fish. Muffled. "Still gotet!"

Not helping the cause huh, what if these waters were restricted? Shaking his head. "You didn't even ask~ I think these lands aren't exactly a free for all yea know." He tried to lower his voice only to the bird, regardless he looked up at her. "It's drinking water only- isn't it? Sorry. He hasn't the best of manners..." Nervous at what exactly she'd say to a bird just dunking and stealing fish..

Dame NightFury
tag ;]

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:40 pm
The moment the bird hit the water, Aiolos looked liked he was a t home and no longer in pain. Xun Li bet he was a great familiar to have especially when prey was scarce and fish was on the menu. Or maybe the South House preferred fish. That would make for great trade.

As the eagle came back up with a fish in his beak, wiggling to escape, Xun Li laughed. "That was amazing, Aiolos!" At Zaziel's concern, Xun Li bumped his shoulder before splashing in herself. "It's a stream. Drinking is good, but not the only thing a stream is good for."

Xun Li got into pouncing position and jumped onto a fish swimming by in a panic. And landed on her butt. She laughed at herself as she got up to try again. She never hunted fish when she was starving, but from time to time, her siblings and her played at hunting for them because it was fun.

Soaking wet after attempting to hunt the fish a little bit longer, Xun Li collasped onto her side half in the stream, happy if hungrier than when she started.

Chi Sohma
sorry it took me so long Chi, RL was a beetch!

Chi Sohma
is this done? should we be moving on to the next encounter?

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games