Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP - South] The New Face (Nara x Ou Se)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Home was home, and Nara was happy that this was her home. It had been hard being separated from her family, though she had been old enough to hold her own. Stumbling across here, being confused on the culture, and ultimately petitioning to join to keep herself alive...it was such a blur. It happened all so fast!

She ended up within the South house, a small quiet place that fit her quite well. Sometimes she wished that more went on here...it was a little too small.

Sigh. Ok, fine, she was bored. There wasn't really much to do, and sometimes she wished there were little ones around if only to ask silly questions and to keep her on her toes. Sometimes only having adults around with serious faces on all the time got to be a little much, but she knew that was just her youthfulness peeking through.

"Maybe I'll go peek at another house..." she mused to herself, but she knew she probably wouldn't make it to the border. Even if she did, that didn't mean someone would be there waiting to talk to her!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:39 pm
OU SE

So...this was a pride. And she was a part of it! Ou Se gazed around the South House, a smile spreading itself across her face. For the first time since the storm the cheetah felt safe and secure. And all the Tianxia asked of her was to run messages! Running was something the female adored and would happily do all day if necessary.

Messages were...well, they were part of the job and so she carried them.

Ou Se was still smiling when she caught sight of the lioness. The brown female seemed to be walking purposefully, but perhaps there was something the cheetah could do to be of assistance.

"Hi! Need any help?" she offered.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:55 pm
Nara was really starting to believe in her idea of checking out another house...West maybe. Such a large house certainly would have more lingering members near their borders!

Then she heard a voice, and turned her head to see a cheetah approaching her. Well, there goes that plan.

"Ah!" Her ears swiveled forward for a moment, and then flattened against her skull. She felt a little shameful at her idea to talk to someone from the West, instead of her fellow house members. "No, I'm actually...sort of looking for something to do. I wish I needed help," she wistfully added.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:02 pm
"Oh, I see," Ou Se replied with a sheepish expression. "I don't have much to do right now either?" the cheetah offered. She wondered if the lioness would be opposed to spending time talking to her. In her (admittedly brief) time among the Tianxia, she'd noticed that there were very few cheetahs around. She'd been informed of such when she'd petitioned to join, and hastily cautioned that this didn't mean the pride had anything against nonlions.

There just weren't many nonlions in the pride. And that's the way it was.

"Perhaps we could look for something to do together?" the cheetah offered.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:07 pm
Nara's ears perked forward, curious. "Like, an adventure?" she asked with a bit of a chuckle. "I guess there's probably places that neither one of us have been to before..." Not being born and raised here had its drawbacks, but some benefits as well.

"I'm Yeli, its nice to meet you. Kind of neat to have a cheetah around, I bet you can run messages much faster than us lions!" Nara...was not fast, and she knew she never would be. A huge fault of her's was that she didn't really try to get faster, but she was hoping to slowly work her way up in the ranks, even if it would take a while. Not all the ranks were needed when there were so few members to keep track of.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:12 pm
"Yes, exactly! An adventure!" Ou Se agreed cheerfully, pleased the lioness didn't seem to have any prejudice. This was going very well so far.

"Oh I'm Ou Se...I mean Qing Jie," the cheetah corrected herself. "Sorry, I'm still very new here," she offered as an apology. She had her new name, but was still unaccustomed to using it. She did like it though. More than the name her parents had given her, though she'd never have told any of them that.

Her grey eyes lit up as Yeli brought up her duties as a messenger. "Oh yes, I love to run. So very much." She knew intellectually that lions weren't as fast as cheetahs, but Ou Se wasn't the sort to hold that against them. Lions simply had other skills that cheetahs lacked.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:37 pm
Nara nodded. "Its ok, I slip up sometimes too. I wasn't born here, I stumbled in here when I was an adolescent. A little lost and confused, but once I started to get the culture it was an easy fit for everything else.

"Maybe...well. I know there's a lake in the West House's territory, I wonder if we have something equally interesting...have you spotted anything? I honestly haven't explored as much as I should have. Trying to be on the good side of the Lady once she decided to take me in." She had been very kind to do that, since Yeli stumbled across the pride at a very celebratory time, and it would have been too easy for the adol to be swept up and forgotten in the chaos of such a celebration.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:42 pm
"Oh! I'd thought you were born here," Ou Se apologized. She supposed it was a silly assumption, to think that every lion she encountered within the Tianxia would have been born here, but the cheetah didn't have a lot of experience to go off of.

"I haven't been paying too much attention either," she admitted. "More focused on getting messages to where they need to go and finding my way than looking around." She considered Yeli's position. It sounded as if the brown lioness had essentially been adopted into the pride, though she'd been an adolescent at the time. The cheetah wondered what the explanation of that was, but didn't want to pry.

"It sounds like you found a good home here, and good people to make it so," she replied at last.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:58 pm
"Yes. This feels like home, after losing my way and unable to find my family again. So, its like my new family! I think you'll feel that way too." Sometimes the adjustment with new names and remembering your rank was a bit for an ex-rogue to handle, but just remembering to be respectful to everyone had worked well for her so far.

"Maybe we can wander off together and find something? I know there's just got to be something here! Maybe some of the birds in the trees would give us hints, and make it more like a game," she said with a laugh. "Then it can be our spot!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:06 pm
A new family? Now there was an idea that greatly appealed to Ou Se. She missed hers dearly, but perhaps here she could put together a new one. It wouldn't be the same, and she wouldn't be related to any of them, but would be something to assuage the loneliness she still felt, even after joining the pride.

"I certainly hope so," the cheetah agreed quietly. Then, making a decision to focus on the moment and something much more entertaining, she grinned.

"That sounds like a wonderfully fun game! Let's find some birds and do this!"

Leaving heavy thoughts behind for the moment, Ou Se headed for the trees, looking back over her shoulder to see if her new friend Yeli was coming or not.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:13 pm
Nara laughed and followed after the cheetah, excited to be able to hang out with someone who might be a little like her! Yes, this was much better than wandering off to another house...this was her house!  
[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games