Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]
[PRP] Captain-ess hoorah! (Arrows x Black Molly)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:41 am
User Image
Arrows wasn't home for very long before she learned another lioness in the pride was closing in on achieving her dream; becoming the first female Captain of Maestros Del Mar. Her first instincts died quickly with a glamorous pep talk from her father, of course she knew the old catch phrase was true, 'if you can't beat'em join'em". The night offered many options and many answers as Arrows closed her eyes in the safety of her father's den from her previous adventure. Her allegiance for female compatriots was more powerful than her greed (which says a lot for a pirate), plus it was an amazing feat that another lioness was breaking the waves, and this could be the perfect opportunity for her to learn the ropes.
As dawn awoke the lioness in the morning she knew and believed in her heart what she had to do, matter of fact, she was even a little excited about it. Attaching the turtle shell with an arrow through it to her back leg assured her that she was ready to become a crew member and ready to follow a female into battle with steadfast, sturdy paws, ready to get dirty. But it was so early, most of the pride was still asleep. What would be worse than a rude wake up call as a first impression? She would have to wait until afternoon before she left, very much easier said than done. She was waiting for her life to start by hours.
With direction and velocity she strode to the den of the one they called Black Molly to where she was told she could find such a notorious lioness. By the time she arrived the sun was directly above, she got closer and cleared her throat and mussed her tuff of hair for effect and let out a hushed, attention grabbing roar to announce herself.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:36 pm
Conrad The Mighty

She hadn't been welcomed openly by all the Pirates. Though some applauded her for her attempts, thinking she would fail the task at hand. But she had an iron will, and where there was a will.. There was a way. She had been raised a strong lioness, her adoptive father a stronger pirate. But her father had been older, same as Pirato's. They had been raised together, Pirato and her father. But she had kept to herself for the most part. She had been born to the pride, but she had kept to the forests close to where Oceane' made her own residence.

When she had made herself known, stomping into one of the feasts the Pirates and their wenches were attending. She had made herself known, forcing all of them to meet her orange eyes. She had been ready since birth to do what she was prepared to do, and had her father not been long dead, she knew she would have made him proud.

Once she had shown her presence, she had relocated her den. She had taken one that had been open near the rest of the dens. Though thankfully she wasn't -too- close to them all. She still liked a bit of her solitary nature, but she knew she needed to immerse herself in pridelike things, if she was going to make it to Captain. And she -was- going to make it to Captain.

She sat, pulling the feathers out of a bird she had killed only an hour or so before. She was collecting supplies, ready to give it to a crafter, so that maybe she could get those 'effects' that she had always wanted.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 am
Buffy_the_Bloody

Arrows peaked in the cave when she heard no response to her announcement and cocked her head at the sight that laid before her. What an odd way to pass the time.. How was she supposed to address this female? The moment of uncertainty passed with the lump she swallowed in her throat and she stepped forward into the light.

"I be hearin they call you Black Molly. I'm.. looking to join a crew and from what I'm told, you're the one I'm needin' to be talkin' to." Her voice was shallow and gruff, this was how she expressed her masculinity, hoping to portray the 'don't fudge with me' type.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:33 pm
Conrad The Mighty

Molly cursed herself for not hearing the lioness announce her presence. She should be more careful, but she was focused on important stuff after all. It wasn't uncommon for others to come to her den, seeking out the female that had caused such a stir. She had begun to ignore their approaches, and that included this lass.

She turned her head, arching an eyebrow and clearing her throat, before pushing away what it was she was working on.

She noticed the masculine tone, but ignored it. She didn't rightly care what tickled this lioness's fancy.

"Ah. Well if a crew be what ye' seek. A Captain is what you'll need." She said, standing up and puffing out her chest proudly. "Future Captain Black Molly. At yer' service."  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:23 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody

That couldn't possibly be how simple it was to join a crew, there had to be more than this. Perhaps it was a joke? She knew some pirates to play ridiculous games like this, although the consequence is never pretty once the rouse was up. Sizing up the lioness in a moment, she decided to go with her gut, an increasingly powerful ally as of late.

"Aye, Arrows requesting to join your ranks, Future Captain." She stood tall, announcing her name as if she were introducing a third party in the room. Slightly true, Arrows was one time her secret identity if any mermaids should come asking. Who her father was, really shouldn't make a difference or be a secret if it did.

"Pardon me for askin' 'ave ye found a first mate yet? I havn't had much experience on a crew, but I have lust for adventure and victory in my heart."  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:43 am
Conrad The Mighty

It was remarkable how easy going Molly could be. She tended to be a pretty decent gal, unless you were to irritate her. She was no pushover, but she wasn't an aggressive, mean lioness either. She was just big, and she had the muscle behind her words. Few really chose to mess with her.

"Arrows, is it? Pleasure. Why is it ye be lookin' to join a crew, lass? Do ye have what it takes?" She didn't want to have a crew member who was lazy and unable to carry their own. So she figured it was a decent enough question after all.

"First mate? Nope. Can't say that I have. That be a position of trust. Can I trust ye?" She asked, turning and staring into the red eyes of the Pirate King's daughter.  

Maestros Del Mar

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:02 pm
Buffy The Bloody

In the course of the lioness' life, she had gotten into some pretty sticky situations (most were her own doing, but nonetheless sticky) and she had discovered there were two kinds of lies; one to harm and one to help. But in all her life, she had only deceived a couple of pride members and the rest aren't that important (she is a pirate after all), what is important is the lesson she had learned. Honor in the face of betrayal.

But the question remained, does the King Pirate's daughter have what it takes to be on a real crew? You're damn right! Though had to curb her excitement lest she not be taken seriously. Her demeanor stayed steadfast and professional.

"Positively on all accounts. I've been preparing my whole life." Short and sweet. Arrows added a definitive nod while maintaining eye contact.

"I follow orders, think for myself, and hold myself to an adapted code of ethics. The last thing I want on my conscience is shame to myself, my family or my crew." She thought it was a solid answer and was pleased with it.

"What are you looking for?" It was an open ended question with the intent of feeling out the Captain, see where her brain would go with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:42 pm
Conrad The Mighty

The female before her definitely made her think she could trust her. She was the pirate king's daughter after all. That had to account for something, as Pirato held his children to ethics. Even if he didn't really play by the rules all the time himself.

"Like I said. Trust. If I can trust ye', then that's what I be requirin'. Though strength, and the ability to withstand even the biggest male in a fight.. that definitely be a plus too." She said, and smiled a little. Molly could definitely take on a male, even a big male, and probably do pretty well. She wasn't the largest female she had ever seen in terms of size and frame.. But she was big, and she had always been able to hold her own. She needed a crew of the same, especially if they were a crew of lionesses. It could be dangerous trusting the wrong lioness.. Because all it took was one battle to show the true spirit within.

"In fact.. Ye need to be stronger than any male could ever be. Because to be a female pirate, requires the most strength of anyone, I imagine." She responded, and eyed the female with the bright red eyes.

"So Arrows.. Welcome to the crew, if you think ye can handle it. Though I don't have much doubt, ye seem pretty able."  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:18 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody
It's cool, I understand.

Arrows listened to her new Captain with respect, at the end her body tensed up and she lifted a paw up to her forehead and saluted. It was an action she'd seen only a few other crews do to their captains as a sign of respect. It seemed fitting for the situation, she thought.

"Thank ye, Captain. Don't fear none, I won't let ye down." But if she was completely honest, Arrows had no idea what was supposed to happen next. As she put her paw back down safely on the ground she stood there awkwardly for a moment. Should she go pick a fight with a male to prove how tough she really could be. If she picked the wrong male, she knew, no matter who's daughter she was, she probably wouldn't be the one left standing.

Finally, she spit out, "So what be next, Ma'am?"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Conrad The Mighty

I think your post can end it 8D

With the salute, Molly grinned. She had a feeling on this one. Though she knew without being told who's daughter she was. She had seen her and her siblings around as cubs. Even though she had stayed away, in the shadows, unwanting of the same cub-like games that they had been interested in.

"What's next is you go and recruit me a crew." She teased. Then shook her head and chuckled.
"I'll be in contact with ye' whenever there's a plunderin' to do." She nodded. She was rather happy to have the support. She knew she could go nowhere without it. She was feeling that her dream.. It was going to be a reality.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items