Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q || Monster] Sarla'ragni the Astomi [Crits, Ready]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:03 am
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Sarla'ragni
Nicknames: Ragni

Faction: Monster
Race: Astomi

Natural Ability: Olfaction : Astomi's have a heightened sense of smell that allows them to take in nutrients from plants and other pleasant smelling things.

Personality: - Reclusive, Cautious, Capable, Precise/Meticulous, Possesive

Reclusive: Astomi are naturally reclusive, living out their lives in caves. Ragni is no exception. In fact, it takes a lot to motivate her to just leave her room for things she needs, let alone to go to class. This is something she's having to physically force herself to do but majority of the time she's holed up in her room.

Cautious: Since Ragni has lived in a cave, detached from the rest of the world her entire life so she is very weary of "outsiders" but due to the growth of towns and cities she was forced to be the first to try and adopt to the "outsider" ways. Of course this is while retaining their ways as well. She's very weary of strangers and even may have some caution around those she considers friends. Also, because she's not used to large cities/groups or people she is prone to panic attacks which just makes her even more cautious and scared.

Capable: Ragni is very self-reliant and capable. She learned from a young age how to take care of herself and others. Of course, the older children of the group helped raise the younger one's so she had no choice but to learn. Everything is done for the better of the whole, not the individual thus if she lacks so does the rest of the unit.

Precise/Meticulous: Ragni is the type that needs everything to be just right in order, done in the right way, to be satisfied. However, if one was to look in her room they would see that everything seemed to be in odd place or seem to not have a place at all.

Possesive: Well, to be frank if she thinks it's her's then it's her's. Disagree? Did I mention she lived in a cave her whole life and doesn't know what is considered wrong and right by modern society? Just be prepared for the unexpected then.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? With the expansions of towns and clans, the Astomi are put into a predicament of either conforming and adapting or dying out. Ragni was chosen for the task of bridging the gap between the cultures and seeing if these other creatures could be trusted and tolerant of their own practices.

FEAR Ability: Aroma Intoxication - Ragni has the ability to exhale a sweet aroma out of her nostrils that essentially is a type of poison to the brain that hinders their senses and if in close enough range may cause temporary blindness.
FEAR Type: Headlights (?)

Physical Description:
**Not picky on her overall appearance
Eye Colour: Hazel blue eyes, large pupils.
Hair Colour/Style: style, brown hair.
Skin Colour: A lighter tan color (she lived in a cave so she hardly ever saw the sun)
Clothing Style/Colours: A hijab, I'd like for her clothing to reflect the fact that she lives in cave while also taking in consideration the Indian roots of her race (A little CC on this). Bright colors that are found in flowers should be used.
Examples: [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]

Extra: As far as a nose goes I would like it to be a nose, just pressed down. (Sorta like Voldemort's nose.) **I'd love to get a wip of this because I'm not sure if I want her to have normal human nostrils or not. Also, on either side of her nose there are small holes going up her nose, and two larger holes above her eyebrows like this.
References:
Linked & listed above

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:04 am
History

Might fill in later. . . Maybe not. . . emotion_awesome  

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:05 am
Q & A

Where do the Astomi live?
The Astomi live in caves in the mountains of the TiH realm.

What do they eat?
Astomi are creatures that smell flowers and other sweet smelling things for nutrients but they also can eat anything found in a cave such as rocks, moss, funguses, ect. I would think they would be capable of eating a "normal" Halloween meal but it would take A LOT of time for them to feel comfortable eating it and even then I doubt they would appreciate the flavor of it.

What gender are they?
They can be male or female.

How do they get together?
Astomi only love one person their whole entire lives, they also have no control over who they fall in love with and cannot stop it once it begins. Whether the person feels the same or not. They are unable to "imprint" so to speak until they come of age which is when they turn twenty.

How much contact have they had until now with the "outside"?
None. Then some clans started to expand into the mountains and they very seldom appeared to them. Since then, while there have been a few encounters, the Astomi have tried to move further in their mountain and move their dens to avoid contact but, a child or two of the clans that have moved into the area seem determined to explore everything around them and thus have wandered into their caves. So alas, the Astomi are fearful and unsure of what to do.

Are they intelligent creatures?
Astomi are neither intelligent or dumb. They lack knowledge that other clans and creatures discovered long ago because they have refused to interact with the outside world. I think of them as being stuck in the middle ages or possibly even earlier than that.

How would Ragni interact with others?
Obviously she was sent her by her clan to learn the ways of the "outsiders" and somewhat scope them out. Therefore she has a duty to interact with them though I imagine she'd try to stay very close to an escape route and would interact with others only in very small groups. However, it will still be a fairly traumatic experience for her (at least in the beginning).

How does Ragni feel about being sent to the Academy?
Ragni is frightened to be away from home, not in a cave, and completely alone. She's also afraid of the sheer amount of Halloweeners. Ragni's very timid by nature and having to push through it to meet others and interact with them is alone frighting but she's trying to do her best for her clan. Besides, if she was to go back home she would not be allowed to enter the cave and most likely shunned for her failure.

Are the Astomi peaceful?
Generally, yes. With the "outsiders" they try to be, but it's mostly out of fear. Within their own clan there is a lot of gray area. As you read above they would shun Ragni for coming back now, so she has to stay until she graduates, if not longer. In fact, if she never came back they would probably assume it was a success. They are cave-dwellers and they have been shut off from the modern world all the way from their creation until now, so their morals as to what is right/wrong is completely foreign to most Halloweeners.

ASK ME QUESTIONS?
I WILL ANSWER THEM.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:06 am
Open

Looking for suggestions/critiques on information. Just keep in mind it's 3:30 AM and I'm exhausted. >>;

Updates:

12/16/12 - 12:16 PM PST - Added Q&A's, edited some information.
12/16/12 - 2:09 PM PST - Added her FEAR ability & terrible ref sketch of nose holes.
12/17/12 - 2:46 PM PST - Updated Q&A
6/25/13 - 5:32 PM PST - Updated everything & changed her name to fit geographically.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:08 pm
emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:50 am
emotion_bigheart  

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider