NFL Christmas Update!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:17 pm
Greetings and Merry Christmas everyone! I tried to at least keep up with the NFL and post quarterly posts through the season, unfortunately a busy two weeks has kept me sidelined from compiling a 3/4 of the way through the season report. But with an unexpected day off from work, I decided to do a special Christmas report instead. 2 weeks left to go in the regular season and away we go!

1. PLAYOFF PICTURE COMING INTO FOCUS: Two weeks left of the regular season and only 5 playoff spots remain. on the AFC side the Texans have clinched the South Division and are looking to wrap up home field advantage this weekend, the Broncos are in the driver seat for the #2 spot. With their loss to the 49ers Sunday night the Patriots are currently the #3 seed, and while the Ravens have yet to win their division, they currently hold the #4 spot and secured a trip to the post season. NFC side the Falcons, like the Texans look to secure home field this weekend, the 49ers are a half game ahead of the NFC North champion Packers and hold on to the #2 spot, they can win the NFC West this Sunday with a victory over the Seahawks. The biggest surprise in the Divisional races, the NFC East currently has a 3 way tie for the division. And holding the tie breaker as of right now... the Redskins! Washington, Dallas and NY all hold an 8-6 record. And the defending champion Giants, if they want a chance to defend their title, need to win out and get some help just to make the playoffs. They can still win the division, but at this point they do not control their own destiny. Other teams in the hunt on both sides: Seattle, Chicago, Minnesota, Indianapolis and Cincinnati are the main contenders for those remaining playoff spots. Tickets are going fast, so how will the playoff picture look after this weekend? We will soon find out.

2. NOT SO MERRY CHRISTMAS: Black Monday looms ahead, the dreaded Monday after the final regular season game when head coaches get fired. While rumors leaking from Kansas City say that Romeo Crennel will not be returning next year. (And for good reason) other head coaches who are on the chopping block include San Diego's Norv Turner, and Philadelphia's Andy Reid. Many other head coaches are also on the hot seat and may suffer the wrath of Black Monday. Including Rex Ryan in New York, (Though recent rumors claim that he is safe for 1 more season, other words say that while he might remain, we have seen the last of QB Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow for the Jets) Lovie Smith is also in hot water after the Bears blew a huge NFC North lead, losing 4 of their last 5 games and might miss the playoffs all together. And even if the Bears turn the tables and make a playoff run, that might not be enough to save Lovie's job. The Cowboys are in a 3 way tie in the NFC East and even if they lose the division, can still make the playoffs as a wild card. Rumors say that if they miss the playoffs all together than it might bring about the end for Jason Garrett as Dallas's head coach. The Cardinals got off to an impressive 4-1 start, but after dropping 8 straight some say that Ken Wisenhunt's job is also in jeopardy. They are coming off a victory against Detroit, and a strong finish might save his position. It will be Who will come back? Who will be out of work by season's end? And even more importantly, who are the most likely candidates to replace them? I hate running on rumors, but two names I've heard thrown out there are John Gruden, and Nick Saban. Once again, just rumors.

3. THE FEEL GOOD STORY OF THE YEAR!: It was sad news when 1st year Colts head coach Chuck Pagano was diagnosed with Leukemia. The team has shown their support for the man who turned this team around and made them playoff contenders. But a challenge was issued to the Indianapolis Colts cheerleaders that IF they could raise over $10,000 for Leukemia research, than they should shave their heads. Well, more than double was raised, and two cheerleaders stepped up to the plate. Megan and Krystal Ann 3 weeks ago shaved their heads during the Colts victory over the Buffalo Bills. Yeah, the story is old, but as we close in on Christmas, I felt it was a good story to share during the Holiday season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFOK5XsuOu4

4. POST SEASON PICKS: At the beginning of the year everyone made predictions on who will win the Superbowl this year. Last season My pick didn't even make it into the playoffs. Sometimes people change their minds in the middle of the season if their teams aren't doing well, or if another hot team catches their eye. And while my picks didn't go so well last year, I am happy to see that my picks this year, (49ers over the Broncos) are both playoff bound, but are they playing good enough for me to stick with this prediction? Absolutely! The Broncos, though being in the easiest division, are on the fast track for a first round bye, and Peyton Manning is not only a top candidate for comeback player of the year, but League MVP! Tom Brady's career took off when in his second season he took over for an injured Drew Bledsoe, and led the Patriots to a Superbowl victory. And Colin Kaepernick is in prime position to have history repeat itself. The second year player took over after Alex Smith went down with an injury, and has already established himself as the 49ers QB for seasons to come! I haven't been right on picking a team to go all the way to win a Superbowl since... Heck I can't even remember. Here's hoping I am right this time!

And with that, here's wishing you all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:57 am
49ers over Texans in the super bowl. I like how the niners are playing and I think Houston will upset the Broncos in the AFC title game to earn a spot in the SB.
Another story that has me thrilled and may even make my year, THE STEELERS MAY NOT MAKE THE POST SEASON!!!!!!! On top of that, THE PATS ARE LOOKING LOUSY!!!!! Finally, there will be fresh blood in the AFC title game! I'm so excited about this, I can't wait! I will never, EVER root harder (or ever again, for that matter) for the Bengals than I will tomorrow when they walk into Pitt! Knock them out, puddy cats! As for the NFC, the only team I can see upsetting the Niners to earn a SB spot would be...Ready? This may stun you...
THE REDSKINS!!!! Ok, I know, they aren't the most incredible team, but they have pulled off some big wins this season and are playing very well in the last few weeks! I see them making a major impact if they keep this momentum going.
It's going to be an exciting post season. LET'S GO RAVENS!!!!  

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200

snowkid19

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:55 pm
hi what;s I really want to join this guide

Cookie Icer
Greetings and Merry Christmas everyone! I tried to at least keep up with the NFL and post quarterly posts through the season, unfortunately a busy two weeks has kept me sidelined from compiling a 3/4 of the way through the season report. But with an unexpected day off from work, I decided to do a special Christmas report instead. 2 weeks left to go in the regular season and away we go!

1. PLAYOFF PICTURE COMING INTO FOCUS: Two weeks left of the regular season and only 5 playoff spots remain. on the AFC side the Texans have clinched the South Division and are looking to wrap up home field advantage this weekend, the Broncos are in the driver seat for the #2 spot. With their loss to the 49ers Sunday night the Patriots are currently the #3 seed, and while the Ravens have yet to win their division, they currently hold the #4 spot and secured a trip to the post season. NFC side the Falcons, like the Texans look to secure home field this weekend, the 49ers are a half game ahead of the NFC North champion Packers and hold on to the #2 spot, they can win the NFC West this Sunday with a victory over the Seahawks. The biggest surprise in the Divisional races, the NFC East currently has a 3 way tie for the division. And holding the tie breaker as of right now... the Redskins! Washington, Dallas and NY all hold an 8-6 record. And the defending champion Giants, if they want a chance to defend their title, need to win out and get some help just to make the playoffs. They can still win the division, but at this point they do not control their own destiny. Other teams in the hunt on both sides: Seattle, Chicago, Minnesota, Indianapolis and Cincinnati are the main contenders for those remaining playoff spots. Tickets are going fast, so how will the playoff picture look after this weekend? We will soon find out.

2. NOT SO MERRY CHRISTMAS: Black Monday looms ahead, the dreaded Monday after the final regular season game when head coaches get fired. While rumors leaking from Kansas City say that Romeo Crennel will not be returning next year. (And for good reason) other head coaches who are on the chopping block include San Diego's Norv Turner, and Philadelphia's Andy Reid. Many other head coaches are also on the hot seat and may suffer the wrath of Black Monday. Including Rex Ryan in New York, (Though recent rumors claim that he is safe for 1 more season, other words say that while he might remain, we have seen the last of QB Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow for the Jets) Lovie Smith is also in hot water after the Bears blew a huge NFC North lead, losing 4 of their last 5 games and might miss the playoffs all together. And even if the Bears turn the tables and make a playoff run, that might not be enough to save Lovie's job. The Cowboys are in a 3 way tie in the NFC East and even if they lose the division, can still make the playoffs as a wild card. Rumors say that if they miss the playoffs all together than it might bring about the end for Jason Garrett as Dallas's head coach. The Cardinals got off to an impressive 4-1 start, but after dropping 8 straight some say that Ken Wisenhunt's job is also in jeopardy. They are coming off a victory against Detroit, and a strong finish might save his position. It will be Who will come back? Who will be out of work by season's end? And even more importantly, who are the most likely candidates to replace them? I hate running on rumors, but two names I've heard thrown out there are John Gruden, and Nick Saban. Once again, just rumors.

3. THE FEEL GOOD STORY OF THE YEAR!: It was sad news when 1st year Colts head coach Chuck Pagano was diagnosed with Leukemia. The team has shown their support for the man who turned this team around and made them playoff contenders. But a challenge was issued to the Indianapolis Colts cheerleaders that IF they could raise over $10,000 for Leukemia research, than they should shave their heads. Well, more than double was raised, and two cheerleaders stepped up to the plate. Megan and Krystal Ann 3 weeks ago shaved their heads during the Colts victory over the Buffalo Bills. Yeah, the story is old, but as we close in on Christmas, I felt it was a good story to share during the Holiday season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFOK5XsuOu4

4. POST SEASON PICKS: At the beginning of the year everyone made predictions on who will win the Superbowl this year. Last season My pick didn't even make it into the playoffs. Sometimes people change their minds in the middle of the season if their teams aren't doing well, or if another hot team catches their eye. And while my picks didn't go so well last year, I am happy to see that my picks this year, (49ers over the Broncos) are both playoff bound, but are they playing good enough for me to stick with this prediction? Absolutely! The Broncos, though being in the easiest division, are on the fast track for a first round bye, and Peyton Manning is not only a top candidate for comeback player of the year, but League MVP! Tom Brady's career took off when in his second season he took over for an injured Drew Bledsoe, and led the Patriots to a Superbowl victory. And Colin Kaepernick is in prime position to have history repeat itself. The second year player took over after Alex Smith went down with an injury, and has already established himself as the 49ers QB for seasons to come! I haven't been right on picking a team to go all the way to win a Superbowl since... Heck I can't even remember. Here's hoping I am right this time!

And with that, here's wishing you all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games