Submit

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:03 pm
Surprisingly for Africa, it was a cloudy day. The skies were a soft grey with intermittent speckles of blue - a gentle overcast that didn't indicate rain for a few days. Not too hot, but not cool. A pretty good day. So of course, Dali-dali was taking a relaxing walk, no more than half a mile or so from the pack. They were all a bunch of misfits, the Pakiti Ya'jua. Dogs from all over the place had been steadly joining their ranks. Quite a few told tales of old packs disbanded, or years spent as rogues, much like Dali herself. But it was a good group, so far. So she made sure not to stray too far.

It had looked like a lot of the dogs were in some ways related, especially the ones from other packs. But there was no real consistency amongst the dogs yet - and no one could really say what brought them together in the first place. Just one dog after another looking for companionship, or some kind of rank to fill within a larger group. Izipho and Sobaka were clearly the alphas; that was easy enough to tell. Beyond that, Dali didn't really know yet. She herself knew she was drawn to being a soldier - not just for the sake of fighting, which was a brilliant sport for her, a dog who could be instantly identified as an athlete - but for the pride in defending a family. Not that she had her own, really. Not yet. She'd been independent from her siblings and parents for quite some time. But maybe she'd come to the pack because it could be a surrogate. More like a fraternity - which still had the potential to form deep roots.

Indeed, she was happy here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:15 pm
Natavara stretched himself out as he headed away from the pack. He loved it so much, but he was a slightly greedy male. He wanted more food because he wasn't getting 'enough' in his opinion. He was slightly pudgy dog, which meant he head to eat more than the rest. It was because, growing up, he'd always been the biggest male of his family. He came out first. His stomach growled as Natavara headed toward the edge of the pride, sniffing the ground. He didn't want to go hunting, because that was a lot of energy, but he would go scavenging. Bugs were delicious and so were bones left over.

He wasn't paying attention to anything as he found a small bone to crunch on, which he gladly did. His tail wagged a mile an hour as he crunched on it and just groaned a little. It was kind of stale, but it was food. It would fill his belly. Shifting a little more, he moved to sniff at the ground again and sneezed a few times when dirt flew into it.

"Ugh, blasted dirt. Why do you have to be so fine and not.. clumped together." Because it hadn't been raining was the obvious answer, but he didn't care. He would complain all all he wanted.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:23 pm
As Dali walked, her steps light and her demeanor content, she came across another from the pack. He had to have been from the pack, that is, considering how close he was, and how he had the same faint smell they were all beginning to develop. He looked just like her, really - though, no, that wasn't quite true. She was muscular and lean, and he was, well... not exactly that. He was gnawing an old bone, and covered in dirt - it was almost pathetic, really, and her pace slowed as she neared him.

"Can I help you?" she asked cautiously. She'd overheard him mumbling to himself, and wasn't quite sure if he was entirely sane. Not a good first impression, to be sure, but she'd give him a chance. They were part of the same pack, after all. And it was almost endearing, his pudgy little jowls. He looked sweet enough, anyway. "Maybe I could...are you hungry?" she offered, not really sure how to approach. Hunting wasn't exactly soldiery, but she wouldn't mind a little action for the day, relaxing though it had been. Besides, she could feel her own stomach rumbling a little bit, and a shared meal was a good way to make a new friend.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:07 pm
His ears perked up at the sound of a voice and he gave a warning growl before his eyes followed his ears. Oh. He'd seen her about before. Frowning a little as he ate the rest of the bone, he shrugged. "....I'm always hungry," he murmured to her, arching a brow and then sighed. "Sorry, but I don't think I know your name and you're offering to... what? Hunt for me?" He wasn't being rude, he was seriously curious right now. Tilting his head to the other side, he watched this female that looked a lot like him.

"I'm N.." he stopped himself from saying his real name and sighed. "Snow Flower." He was named that because he liked flowers and he blended in with the snow. Tilting his head to the side, the slightly pudgy dog waited for an introduction.
fuKurohane

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:41 pm
Snow Flower. Not really the name she was expecting. It was in the common tongue, too - which she guessed wasn't horribly uncommon. Not in this pack. They were all getting renamed, though some of them had common "wolf names" to begin with. Those were always the ones from the Peke Na. She'd taken one, too. "Bright Eyes," she introduced herself. "My name is Bright Eyes. And yes, if you're hungry... I could hunt for you?" Not like this little Snow Flower needed it. But he was hungry, and she had the time. "It depends on what you're in the mood for," she continued. She hadn't yet really figured out what kind of animals lived around here - she wasn't really a hunter, after all. She was a soldier, built to tear apart other dogs, not antelope, much less hares. But she would enjoy the exercise.

She turned her nose to the air, attempting to catch the scent of any prey nearby. They may have to search beyond the little patch of ground they were currently in. Certainly, the scent of dog was still thick enough here to frighten any prey off.

Saint Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:55 am
When she offered to hunt for him, he very nearly said yes. Snow Flower, after all, was a greedy, greedy dog who liked to eat a great deal. Letting his tail flick in thought, he nodded and moved away from the gnawed bone, stretching himself out and 'showing off' to her like he was some great catch. Truly, it would take a special kind of woman to think this tubby dog was remotely attractive. Ah, well. Whatever.

"If you want to hunt with me, I'm not turning down the help of a pretty lady," he said with a wink. Of course, Snow Flower didn't care if she was taken or not. Flirting was harmless in his mind. It wasn't like he was going to act on his flirting.

"I think there's a small group of water buck not too far off. The two of us could pick off one of the slightly smaller ones. You know, not quite adults?"

fuKurohane

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:47 pm
Dali struggled to hold back a laugh, instead making a half-smirking snort a Snow Flower's flirtation. The dog clearly loved to eat. His stretch wasn't exactly impressive - and honestly his attempts at showing off were comical. But she found it charming, rather than rude or unattractive. She wasn't yet sure if he was aware of his condition, but she didn't suppose it mattered that much.

"What makes you think there are waterbuck?" she asked, almost playfully. Of course she knew that smaller ones weren't adults. That, or they were stunted somehow.... if it could happen with dogs, it could happen to waterbucks. "I say let's check it out," she said, beginning to walk off in some random direction, not really knowing where he was talking about.

Saint Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:13 pm
He was very aware of his condition, the fact that he was big around the middle... and every where else. Letting his ears flick, he grinned a little and shrugged. "I can smell them, that's how I know," he said as a matter-of-factly. when she suggested to check it out, he nodded and followed her. Of course he would follow her. She was a pretty lady and he was definitely going to try to flirt his way into getting to know her.

Who knows, maybe he'd have a girlfriend. ..Or a fling. Or something along those lines. "They're no too far. Wouldn't mind sharing one with you," he said, grinning a bit more.
fuKurohane

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:33 pm
"Oh you'd share?" she said playfully. "With the dog hunting for you?" Maybe that was a little mean, but she laughed and hoped he understood it was just a joke. He had to be a decent hunter, as much food as he had - there was no way he lived off of others hunting for him. "It'd be my pleasure."

She waited for him to catch up, and trotted leisurely beside him with a gentle smile. He was funny, she'd give him that. Charming, rather. He could use some cleaning up... but that couldn't be hard to do. Dali was warming up to him quickly, and he was the first dog she'd gone hunting with around here. So far there seemed to be some mutual feeling, and she didn't see anything wrong with that. It was a good cloudy day for two cloudy-pelted dogs. In the very least, they had that much in common.

Saint Sergio
fin!

[IC] Pakiti Ya'jua Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces