Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:23 pm
Hi all! I feel a bit guilty having disappeared just before Xmas, and not being able to keep you guys in the loop! sweatdrop

If any of you watch me on DA you might already know this, but for those of you who don't, here's my journal entry from DA with the whole story.

Quote:
I don't know how many of you know me on other sites, but the main reason I've not been online much since before Xmas is that our router pooped out and I've been without internet at home. I've had to rely on the library computers, which are OK, but don't let me on my othe sites like Facebook and Gaia Online. What with all the shenanigans around Xmas and the New Year, I havn't been able to arrange to get one untill now (it should arrive in the post soon, curtesy of a friend).

The OTHER reason I havn't been online AT ALL this past week, is because I've been ill with appendicitis. Early on Tuesday morning, I threw up a couple of times and started getting a sore tummy - at the time I thought it was just this flu virus that's been going around. The following day, the stomach pains got so intense my parents took me to the doctors, at which point they said what it was and that I should get to the hospital right away. I arrived, poked and prodded a bit, stuck tubes in and off I went for surgery. That part went well enough, and after sleeping through to about mid day, I woke up feeling a bit groggy, but ok. When I came around properly, I felt really gross and bloated, but that was because they pumped my stomachfull of air to see what they were doing during the key hole surgery. After a serious miss-hap in bed (don't ask), a few rounds of throwing up geen (I've never thrown up GREEN!) and feelling generally crappy after taking pain killers, I deduced that all the drugs were starting to have a bad effect on me and I began to make noises about going home. But ofcourse, the doctor didn't want to let me go home yet because I wasn't eating. Now for the first couple of days, this was because I was still genuinely feeling realy bad and off my food, but afterwards it was mainly to do with the fact that their food was so repulsive, I honestly couldn't bring myself to eat it. If the inmates of Hell are made to eat anything, it's NHS hospital food. It looked disgusting, smelled disgusting, and tasted disgusting. Unless you've ever had to eat any of that stuff, you can't possibly begin to imagine how truely FOUL it was.

Anyways... By Sunday, enough was enough, I put my foot down, and I left. Since I've been home, I've improved a lot more than I think I would have done in hospital. With proper food, and nice cool air, I just need to wait for this bloating to go down, and I'll be back to my old self in no time.

All this started on the 1st - I thought it was just a tummy bug and would be gone soon enough; but turned out it was my appendix playing up instead! But I've got to the end of the month to recover, so that's pretty good! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:42 pm
I randomly forgets about DA sweatdrop

Welcome back tabby. Glad you're feeling better. emotion_hug
(Knows how that gas tummy stuff can be, they did that to me in Sep.)  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:15 pm
Bluetabbycat
Hi all! I feel a bit guilty having disappeared just before Xmas, and not being able to keep you guys in the loop! sweatdrop

If any of you watch me on DA you might already know this, but for those of you who don't, here's my journal entry from DA with the whole story.

Quote:
I don't know how many of you know me on other sites, but the main reason I've not been online much since before Xmas is that our router pooped out and I've been without internet at home. I've had to rely on the library computers, which are OK, but don't let me on my othe sites like Facebook and Gaia Online. What with all the shenanigans around Xmas and the New Year, I havn't been able to arrange to get one untill now (it should arrive in the post soon, curtesy of a friend).

The OTHER reason I havn't been online AT ALL this past week, is because I've been ill with appendicitis. Early on Tuesday morning, I threw up a couple of times and started getting a sore tummy - at the time I thought it was just this flu virus that's been going around. The following day, the stomach pains got so intense my parents took me to the doctors, at which point they said what it was and that I should get to the hospital right away. I arrived, poked and prodded a bit, stuck tubes in and off I went for surgery. That part went well enough, and after sleeping through to about mid day, I woke up feeling a bit groggy, but ok. When I came around properly, I felt really gross and bloated, but that was because they pumped my stomachfull of air to see what they were doing during the key hole surgery. After a serious miss-hap in bed (don't ask), a few rounds of throwing up geen (I've never thrown up GREEN!) and feelling generally crappy after taking pain killers, I deduced that all the drugs were starting to have a bad effect on me and I began to make noises about going home. But ofcourse, the doctor didn't want to let me go home yet because I wasn't eating. Now for the first couple of days, this was because I was still genuinely feeling realy bad and off my food, but afterwards it was mainly to do with the fact that their food was so repulsive, I honestly couldn't bring myself to eat it. If the inmates of Hell are made to eat anything, it's NHS hospital food. It looked disgusting, smelled disgusting, and tasted disgusting. Unless you've ever had to eat any of that stuff, you can't possibly begin to imagine how truely FOUL it was.

Anyways... By Sunday, enough was enough, I put my foot down, and I left. Since I've been home, I've improved a lot more than I think I would have done in hospital. With proper food, and nice cool air, I just need to wait for this bloating to go down, and I'll be back to my old self in no time.

All this started on the 1st - I thought it was just a tummy bug and would be gone soon enough; but turned out it was my appendix playing up instead! But I've got to the end of the month to recover, so that's pretty good! 3nodding

WELCOME BACK TABBY! 8D We have good news. Two New members joined! Give them a warm welcome when you get the chance.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:20 am
Oh gods, hospitals.
sweatdrop
I hate hospitals.

I'm glad you're doing better now!
It's nice to have you back home.
*hugs*
3nodding

Seraphim Skye
Crew

Gambino Stalker

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:04 pm
Thanks guys! *returns your hugs with more hugs*

I think I've met both the newbies, they seem like decent chaps - or chapesses as the case may be. Which reminds me; I know we had a few guys in the guild a while ago, but are all the current active members female? *just curious*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:11 pm
Bluetabbycat
Thanks guys! *returns your hugs with more hugs*

I think I've met both the newbies, they seem like decent chaps - or chapesses as the case may be. Which reminds me; I know we had a few guys in the guild a while ago, but are all the current active members female? *just curious*

AS far as I know. I think the current members that are active are INDEED all female. owo I THINK.

*hugs Tabby* >w<  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash