Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[ Matchmaker ] I have sand . . . everywhere [ Lifen/Ying ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:28 am
FOR YIN AND LIFEN

gaia_star LOCATION: Anywhere in the Lairs
gaia_star STATUS EFFECT: There is a weekly crafting festival going on. Yin and Lifen must prepare their contest entries as a group team because they are the only remaining players without a team. They can gm this as you please.
gaia_star BONUS CONDITION: The crafting festival is actually a sand sculpture festival. One of your characters sucks at doing it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 am
Ying hated her brother.

She hated her brother so much.

They'd been planning on entering this mysterious crafting contest- one that nobody would give any hints about- and what did he do? He up and disappeared hours before the contest. Of course, she'd looked all over, but he was undoubtedly hiding in some "zen" garden, avoiding work altogether. Lazy butt.

She must've looked so out of place. It was a partner competition and she was the only one here without a partner.

Oh? Wait just a moment. Maybe not the only one. She noticed a very, very pretty ghoul standing all by herself, not looking particularly occupied. No, no- her partner was probably off getting her a drink of water or something. There was no way this pretty ghoul didn't have a partner. Ying looked down, discouraged once more.

Ying waited a few minutes more, hoping someone would just drop out of nowhere. Of course, nobody came. That ghoul was still alone though. Ying bit her lip, but decided to just go for it. No risk, no gain after all.

Trotting up to the ghoul, she very timidly folded her hands in front of her and said, "Ah ... excuse me miss ..."

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:52 pm
She had actually signed up for this.

When Lifen had heard that there would be some kind of crafting contest, she had perked up immediately - a chance to stretch out her artistic license and just enjoy herself. What she hadn't expected was that it was a group event - she hadn't had enough time to make friends with other artisans in the Lost Clan, and she wasn't going to drag Mengyao in to this.

Hearing a small voice behind her, Lifen turned around, eyebrows raised at the little Miss, giving her a small smile. "Oh Hello! I have seen you around before, a little." She stated, looking her over.

"Are you, by any chance, by yourself? Would you like to help me?" Yes, she was feeling a little bold and desperate, but Lifen needed a partner. She was not losing due to the fact that she knew no one.

Chimarii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 pm
Ying exploded with happiness and relief. A very, very pretty expert artisan was offering to help her. One that was probably eons ahead of her in expertise. Also she was pretty.

Wait, wait. Act cool. Be cool. "Oh yes, miss!" she said quickly, bowing multiple times (far too many times). "I would very much like to be your partner!"

She looked back out to the crowd, judging their competition. "Are you ... do you know what the contest will be?" Ying looked at her own hands timidly. "I am ... only good at the art of cloth." A sparkly look up at Lifen. "But you must be good at many things!"

nerpin

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:50 pm
"I would not say many things." She admitted lightly, lifting her hands lightly, trying to be humble about herself. Cloth and pottery mostly, but I have trained greatly in dance also." She finished, before looking to the little miss in front of her, awarding her a soft little smile before she clapped her hands together, looking over what they have to contend with.

"Well, if my area of experience has anything to help with this, sand should be liken to clay, it should bind, if we had some kind of water, you understand?" She offered to the little clan-mate, watching her for some kind of reactions.

Turning to their little marked work area, she kind of clapped her hands back and forth, as if to say "let's get down to this," before grabbing a little spade and something to place the sand.

chimarii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:41 pm
Ying stared up at Lifen, eyes sparkling the entire time. Honestly? Lifen could've said she was a master at sticking spoons on her nose and balancing them and Ying would've been impressed. The fact that she was good with pottery only managed to impress her more.

When she mentioned she worked with cloth, Ying was through the roof. "You are very impressive!" she declared, "If it is okay I would very much like to learn all of your secrets! You must be very good!"

Lifen went on to explain that they needed water. "Y-Yes! I will procure the water!" She ran around their little area of land for a moment, only to realize there was no water in direct sight. She returned to Lifen's side. "Um ... Miss Lifen I don't mean to bother you but ... where do I get water?"

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:11 pm
"You flatter me, do not pay any heed, I am sure you are an amazing tailor." She stated, feeling a soft dusting of flush on her face. She was not used to being so . . . reveered in a sense, and watching the girl sparkle at her kind of made her a little shyed. But now was not the time for such, as she went to mark her design.

It took only a few moments before the little Artisan returned with a slightly uncertain face, tapping her chin with a finger, thinking a little.

"I am sure they keep a supply, considering that we are to be here for a fair while - how about asking the judges for a bottle or so? I do not need much." She offered, hoping it would be good enough for them to procure a little.

chimarii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:47 pm
Ying bowed multiple times at Lifen and said, "Oh yes, thank you. That is a very wise instruction!" She scurried off to find the judges, daydreaming idly about Lifen calling her amazing. Lifen called her amazing.

Eventually she found the judge's table, where two death soldiers and a few artisans were looking out, bored with everyone. Ying stood there for a moment, quietly waiting for her turn to talk, but it never came up as they were all arguing with everyone. "Um, excuse me-" A rude looking one raised an eyebrow at her and Ying immediately quieted.

A moment or two later, and Ying worked up the courage to say, "C-Could-" One of the death horsemen sneezed, and she immediately went back into cowering.

They talked over her, and eventually Ying got so fed up that she said, "EXCUSE ME I REALLY NEED SOME WATER FOR OUR SAND SCULPTURE." One of the Conquest artisans looked at her skeptically and then pointed to a water pump that was no more than five feet away from the the table. ".... Thank you."

Seven bows later and some heavy lifting, and she returned to Lifen's side, looking rather frazzled and out of breath. "Um! Miss Lifen, I have procured the water which you requested!"

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:24 pm
So much energy.

Lifen couldn't help but giggle a little when she watched the girl basically sparkle over to the judgest table, almost as if lighter than air - which made the older artisan a little envious. What she could do with all that energy - shed' have a lot of work done, no lie.

Turning back to work on starting to sculpt the base a bit, she didn't expect the girl to be back so fast - or speak so abruptly, and making the softest little squeek, she turned to look over her shoulder, seeing Ying again with a bucket of water, a little "oh" face showing up as she kind of started pointing things out.

"It would be nice if we used the sand as some kind of watery look, maybe some fish jumping out kind of thing." she explained, making a wave like movement with her hand. "It would be a bit playful on what we are working on, mm?" She asked, hoping to be . . . understandable.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:47 pm
"Oh Miss Lifen, I think that would be very lovely," she said, nodding enthusiastically. She would be okay with anything, for it was Miss Lifen's expert opinion. Lifen could do no wrong. Absolutely none.

Looking to the other entrants, she noted many of them were doing rather graphic images of human deaths. Ying smiled rather brightly at one that portrayed a human being squashed by their wonderful leader, Invictus.

Ying waited quietly for her instructions. Another quiet moment. "M-Miss Lifen," she squeaked, "If I can make a suggestion ... perhaps we should use dye to color the ... 'water' part red? As though it is the blood of humans?" Ying bashfully kicked at the ground. Her idea was probably stupid. "Th-Though I trust your most expert idea!"

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:10 pm
Blood?

Giving a moment to lift her head, she turned to look at all the other contestants working in the sand, finding a sudden introduction of reds everywhere. Was it real blood - or food colouring? Humming a little to herself, she sat up a little, dashing her hands together to dispel some of the sand that was getting . . . everywhere.

She would need to bathe later, no doubt about that.

"That may be a good idea. Some kind of . . ." she stalled for a moment, giving a hand movement. "Killer fish, of a sort. I think they exist, do they not? People fear they will be eaten by them. Maybe we could give them teeth of a sort." She mused out loud, looking at a few of the currently made works of art, as they looked back at her like "we're just fish, ma'am."

Turning to grab a satchel she had brought to the event, she pulled a few coloured tins out, and a small bowl to work with, grabbbing the pool of water they were allowed for the shaping, mixing it with some of the sand, working in a deeper red sand colour. "We will need to make it look more wavy. Around the fish, as if they were hunting something down, won't we?" She murmured out loud.

Lifen was secretly having worlds of fun.

Quote:
This brings me to 844 words

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:04 pm
Ying nodded. "Anything you put forth will be wonderful!" She reached down to help Lifen with the sand. Unfortunately it seemed that Ying was not as gifted as her friend. Sand seemed to crumbled under her hands. If she added a bit of water, the entire bucket tipped over and destroyed the entire thing. Wavy water turned into lame lumps of depressing sand. It was clear who was the skilled one.

Just as expected of a Senpai.

---

When it finally came to judging, the short fat one just rolled his eyes. The death soldier tried to give them a smile, but it was just ruined by how harshly the other judges were staring at them.

"I-It is not your fault Miss Lifen! It is entirely mine. I am not good with the sand like you, and I am afraid I ... I ruined your chances!." Ying could feel it.

The dishonor.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas