Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
Closure of the Official TheSims2.com Website

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:42 pm
As you may or may not know, on January 14th EA closed down the official TheSims2.com website.
If you now attempt to access it you will be redirected to information about The Sims 3 on the EA website instead.

ModTheSims.info have taken it upon themselves to archive all of the site content, minus the Exchange data. You can find this here> http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Sims 2:Official Site Archive

Farewell TheSims2.com, I knew thee well. cry  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:51 pm
That is incredibly sad- especially for when Sim fans get the chance to revisit past versions of the sims. :/

And, quite frankly, I have enjoyed Sims 2 far more than Sims 3.
Bummer.  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Fin Raziel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:51 pm
I prefer Sims 2 over Sims 3, as well. I never visited the websites though, to be honest.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:59 am
It was only a month ago I re-installed the sims2 and tried the website in hopes of downloading freebies for registering my games. Jokes on me, can't register those games anymore. Ah well. There's like, no way to play it with other people is there? Like building the same town together?

Felkyr

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:13 pm
BRAZEKOOL
It was only a month ago I re-installed the sims2 and tried the website in hopes of downloading freebies for registering my games. Jokes on me, can't register those games anymore. Ah well. There's like, no way to play it with other people is there? Like building the same town together?

Nope, TS2 has only ever been a single player, offline game. So is TS3, mostly.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:54 pm
Menaceman
BRAZEKOOL

Nope, TS2 has only ever been a single player, offline game. So is TS3, mostly.
Except for the PS2 version. Which was in fact 2player co-op.

What do you mean by mostly for the sims3?

Felkyr

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Mostly in that the game is single player but people registered on the official site can send in-game gifts to each other, send messages, and if they own Showtime they can send performing Sims to each other to perform shows at community lots.  
The Sims 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games