Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] [Monster] Abigail; Spectrum Slime (accepted)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:16 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Abigail Aurelia Maromme
Nicknames: Abby

Faction: Monster
Race: Slime; Spectrum Slime

Natural Ability: Color Changing: Known as a lesser deadly of the species of slime, Spectrum Slimes are most often known for their vast spectrum of colors, due to thermochromatic skin or most often warmth from touching one another. Their colors vary depending on the climate or temperature of the room they're in!

Often times the spectrum slimes are looked down upon because they aren't as gooey as other types of slimes - they have skin similar to a jellyfish, which tends to hold heat or cold for a small amount of time, like a mood ring.

Personality: Bubbly and cheerful, Abby doesn't know the meaning of being a monster. Why should people be afraid of her when she can be so adorable and agreeable?

She doesn't understand quite yet the length her abilities can go, but her family urged her to attend the school to get a better learning, as she wasn't learning anything from them - her head was too high in the clouds and her family dubbed her as 'ditzy'.

Abby sees going to Amityville as an opportunity to make FRIENDS! ♥♥♥ She loves meeting new people and will try to be their friend the first time she meets them. She'll be a bit gullible to begin with, and believes that there's always good in someone, even if they do try to hide it with other stuff. After all, she's kind of see-through, she should know!

Her favorite past times are collecting plushies, and upon finding arkpassu minipets, she will begin to collect those for they are so big and fluffy she could die!

Her favorite color bounces from PINK to BLUE. She finds no need to wear clothes, as she is a slime monster. What use would they have for clothes? Abby only wears them because it makes others uncomfortable, but if they'd let her, she'd wear nothing at all, and find nothing wrong with that.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Not understanding why Abby doesn't take her abilities and practices seriously in order to make a more fearsome name for the spectrum slimes, the family decided to send her off to the school to learn how to harness her abilities as an offensive and creative purpose, instead of a passive one. And hoping that someone in the school will get her to stop being such an 'airhead'.

Sometimes she doesn't like being a slime, as she has so much trouble with finding the right clothes -- clothes hinder and she doesn't like the feel of them, for the most part. She's made due with a simple cloak/shawl/poncho, but even that sometimes stifles her.

FEAR Ability: Acid Touch: Abby grabs her opponent and burns them for instant damage.

This ability uses Battle Cry.

Physical Description: Voluptuous. Curvy and sweet. Always smiling~

Eye Colour: Greyish red pupils, black sclera.
Hair Colour/Style: Fluffy and straight like this, or in dreadlocks -- artist choice! Please make it rainbow or rainbow hued biggrin
Ear Style: Like this.
Skin Colour: Her natural skin color is going to start out as a soft hued rainbow - see art on side, and her natural body type should be like the consistency on this one's hair~
Clothing Style/Colours: Polyvore Outfit Set! The cowl/poncho should go down and stop right at her midriff, showing the "moon jellyfish" markings on her stomach. Socks are grey, and the shoes and shorts are the same colors as in the picture.
Extra: No see-through bones please! Just blob. Also, right above her bellybutton in the middle of her stomach should be glowy markings like THIS (like on a moon jellyfish), and this without the jellyfish "skirt".
Optional: Abby with her eyephone, with a pony dangling from it. Ribbons in her hair? Up to artist. Thank you!
References: Refs linked + picture on side.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:21 am
Further ideas to work in later: ๑ට

yum_cupcake Further years (y2+) will result in her absorbing the color from people/things or patterns - such as plaid or argyle. This is merely for flavor rp only and not permanent unless someone wants it to be TY!

-- Thank you Baneful!

yum_cupcake She has a bit of trouble with maintaining her form at times, but with practice she'll be able to hold her humanoid shape for lengthy amounts of time. One thing to note: the longer she goes without nutrients for her form, the more messy and sloppier she becomes until she's nothing but a puddle.

-- ??? (might nix)

yum_cupcake Touching just about anything and willing it into her body, Abby can dissolve it with her bodily fluids/acids, and gather the nutrients from what was dissolved. She can dissolve inorganic things for nutrients, but it takes at least twice as long. With practice she can lower this time, but it's very unpleasant for a slime to attempt to process inorganic matter. (Most of the clothes she finds she ends up slowly absorbing, which gets her into awkward situations at fancy restaurants or the like. Abby has resorted to just wearing a long cloak - easy to maneuver but able to cover everything up.)

In further years, she'll be able to throw herself around quite violently in order to obtain/suck in matter, and quite possibly dissolve things on impact instead of having to have it inside of her to absorb it.

-- ??? (want to have the disintegration, like gelatinous cube, but not sure if it fits the species, might nix)

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:30 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:07 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Abigail says: Fanart! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is the character she used to be, and still kind of is. No longer a jellyfish, but a slime reborn~

x x x

Artless Enroll Progress: 50/30

[1v1] Not Who I Was Expecting - Joy vs Zosma [4pts]
[1v1] Tragedy Will Not Happen Once More - Sharra vs Marosa [4pts]
[1v1] Everyman vs Bishounen - Terry vs Marosa [4pts]
[Mob Solos] Zosma's Training - Mob Solos, worth 4pts each... [20pts] (x2 bonus month)
[1v1] A New Challenger - Vania vs Sharra [4pts]
[1v1] Sugar isn't always Sweet - Saya vs Sharra [4pts]
[PRP] In a Slump - Etzer/Zeno [2pts]
[Mob Solos] Saya's Dance - Mob Solos, worth 4pts each... [20pts] (x2 bonus month)  

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Fethery

Tiny Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:31 am
Aaaand I need to clean this one up too. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:27 pm
ohmygosh she sounds adorable!

Natural Ability: You mention she changes colors, but is there any reason to it? Like, does she change colors based on mood? Temperature? The last thing she ate? So far I understand that they're colorful, but I'd like to learn more about the how/why they change colors. Right now your natural ability comes off as a fun fact about Spectrum Slimes, rather than as a unique ability. :3  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:33 pm
Marushii
ohmygosh she sounds adorable!

Natural Ability: You mention she changes colors, but is there any reason to it? Like, does she change colors based on mood? Temperature? The last thing she ate? So far I understand that they're colorful, but I'd like to learn more about the how/why they change colors. Right now your natural ability comes off as a fun fact about Spectrum Slimes, rather than as a unique ability. :3

THANK YOU!! heart I actually put it as thermochromatic skin, but I'll explain it more as in the temperature around them. Thank you so much!!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:50 am
And bumping up for poll c_c  

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:50 pm
Since Mia and Diana can't be hunter buddies (forever sobs), Abigail and Malik should meet! She is a cutie and I dig her FEAR ability. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:10 am

I am totally biased towards slime creatures, I just am, I really love the flexibility that comes with slime creatures and the way that in some ways to me they seem to straddle the line between ghost and monster with the potential physically defiant things they can do when they are stronger etc.

I would think that perhaps the colour changing for her might well simply be a trait of her kind like wings for a dragon character which they dont need to claim as a natural ability, I don't know if she'd need to use up her natural ability on this since it is simply what and how she is (but I am sure a GM could correct me on this), it seems more an aesthetic trait than an ability and you might be able to extend this to something unusual/out of the ordinary like absorbing the colour from people/things or patterns etc, something fun and interactive (entirely up to you obviously but just a little thought)

I love the idea of her having to learn how to be scary, I imagine its very easy to be cute and endearing when you have colour on your side rather than scaring humans and so on.

But yes I'm VERY EXCITED about Abby because SLIME CREATURES FOREVER

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:37 am
OpticPeach

TOTALLY YES PLS heart

Baneful

I LOVE the idea of absorbing the colors from things/patterns OMG! Yes. Okay, yes. This is a thing that is going to happen at a later date yesss thank you.

I put her in bribes so here's hoping she's picked? biggrin heart  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:24 pm
[Rolls in with her trash bin]

Here with approval pert stuff:

Super minor:
word use lmao. You can't really dictate other species reactions to your own species/be hyper defined.
'Known as the lesser deadly' VRS 'Known as a lesser deadly'
ITS REALLY SILLY but, it keeps the world cohesive and prevents the game of 'well X is THE Y'.

Do note that if her natural ability is to change with each year as becoming better that will effective take up her 'slot' to gain a new natural ability. As is written, y2 would extend the color change to include patterns and the like. That leave her with year 3 and 4 as remaining opportunities for new abilities and ability advancement. This is not to say what you have down is bad (not in slightest as her current NA is perfectly fine!) but it's worth mentioning for future NA planning if you wanted her to have a more direct/powerful ability down the read.

My main concern really is:
'She has a bit of trouble with maintaining her form at times, but with practice she'll be able to hold her humanoid shape for lengthy amounts of time. One thing to note: the longer she goes without nutrients for her form, the more messy and sloppier she becomes until she's nothing but a puddle.'
Which is to say, it's from this, that her natural form is non humanoid? Obviously the skull pin will render her humanoid and maintain that form no matter what outside of a natural ability; but if her being able to maintain a form outside of her natural form then that should be a new natural ability.

My suggestion would be that you have her being able to color blend as y1, as that is utterly distinctive of her species, but refraining from the ability to form ridged/shape maintaining until perhaps y3 or graduation, (with y2 being the ability to change shape like- mimic shape or something). We do not stamp or approve y2 or above at enroll, but the way it is written in profile the ability of her being able to maintain a different shape reads as a form of shape shifting.
A simple fix could be that she becomes more viscous if she begins to lack more and more FEAR. (So if her natural form is humanoid or even if just a slime, she gets... watered down/goopish). It looks like just a wording issue, but it pars down to just if her natural form is one she can effective change or not. If so- shape shifting would be a needed natural ability. If not- just wording issue.

FEAR- Again, simple wording issue!
"Touching anything and willing it into her body" VRS "Touching just about anything and willing it into her body". We uh- can't have her running around and kinda.. dissolving hunters LMAO.
Also, a FEAR attack is very quick- think of like a BURST of energy rather than something drawn out. So if she touched something, that FEAR attack is going that burst- then it ends. Nothing should be lasting outside of the damage done.

Overall-
Keep in mind- 'nutrients' would just mean FEAR. There really isn't a vitamin B FEAR or a vitamin K FEAR. FEAR is just FEAR. I TOTALLY GET WHAT YOUR GOING FOR, its just a quick and simple wording/terminology fix to adhere to shop canon on how food/energy absorption works.

Those are the only things I can see as of right now, but do not hesitate to ask me if you need help or have any questions!
Kanth

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:34 pm
Okay, I think I fixed everything! heart

kuropeco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:25 pm
Kanth
As a note, she does have to wear clothes to classes and cannot attend in nothing! Gotta make sure those bits are covered in classes and school and around campus.

BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Halloween certing thread

- Horseman certing thread

- Hunter certing thread

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Icly, your character will be given access to a pamphlet and invitation to an orientation. Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces