Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Quest/Warrior Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all your Dragon Quest/Warrior needs! 

Tags: JRPG, Slimes, Roto, Alefgard, Zenithia 

Reply Party Chat (Chatterbox)
Any word a concrete release date for DQVII 3DS?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JakeMLPhotography

Newbie Genius

950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 pm
I figure it will come out sometime this spring, but has anyone heard of a estimated/exact date? I haven't been able to find very much information. Thanks! I can't wait to have the opportunity to play this one!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:54 pm
Nothing yet is confirmed for an NA/EU release, although it is confirmed in Japan for 2/07/13. There usually is a significant gap between the JP-NA release, so probably within February or March we'll hear something. I would be surprised if we DIDN'T get it, seeing as the only main series games we didn't get were the remakes of I & II, and III for the SF V (both SF and PS2) and VI for the Super Famicom, which we then got the remakes a few years later.

As I said before, DQVII is like "a Dragon Quest VI on steroids", meaning it uses the same class system, only much, much more vast in it. 150 hours later, and I'm still not even close to mastering the class system! And Maribel is my favourite character in this game, and personality wise- my favourite character of all time, I hope you enjoy her as much as I did.  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:59 am
Hnnng must play game...

I'm having flashbacks to DQIX's release, as I often do when these things come up. We didn't the game until exactly one year after Japan did. So even if we don't hear something in the next few months I wouldn't lose hope. Though I guess Terry's Wonderland is kind of a lost dream by now... Though I haven't given up on X yet.

They kept this game under wraps for a while, and didn't announce it until it was near completion and ready with a release date. I don't know what that means for us in the states, but there's that. Though I think that the Zenithian remakes did reasonably well enough, as did DQIX, that we might see the remake hit our shores.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:06 am
I have hope and faith that it will be released in NA. There are fans here, for goodness sake!

<< Even if I don't get my 3DS new (because I'm such a cheapskate, hurr hurr) I might get this game new when it comes out. I don't think I could wait for it to drop in price like I usually do. :B

We just gotta be patient. There will be a release date. ^^ I just pray to the Almighty that it's soon.  

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100

kefkadragon

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm
Dragon quest in 3-d? If only the 3d on the 3ds actually worked.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:20 am
kefkadragon

It does with some games it just depends. The new fire emblem makes pretty good use of it and it works well.  

JakeMLPhotography

Newbie Genius

950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

kefkadragon

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:31 am
DragonWarriorOMEGA
kefkadragon

It does with some games it just depends. The new fire emblem makes pretty good use of it and it works well.

Every game I've ever demoed on it the 3-d is nonexistent. Even with the slider up at max.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:55 pm
Honestly I would be extremely surprised if they did not release it in the US but if it is going to be released next month in Japan it usually takes about a year to hit America if JP movies and other video games are any indication. It takes a little while to translate things. Plus it is a big deal to remake games so they will likely do the whole release it to major locales including here. Think of it this way (not sure if you have a 3DS yet I know I do not and it seems a few others do not either) it gives the 3DS a chance to go down and that way we can buy it and still have money left over to buy the game blaugh not to mention I can pray it will have an awesome gift grab if I pre-order like one of the other games I pre-ordered. Trust me when the release date comes they will make a BIG deal about it like any other game that is big and from my experience here Dragon Quest is BIG in the game shops.

Sorry for not being much help on the release date information sweatdrop  

Emmie The Strange

Healing Sweetheart

13,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

Pusays

Beloved Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:15 am
I'd love for it to be ported a.s.a.p.
Currently VI and IX are keeping me entertained while on deployment.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 am
Emmie the Strange

Ha ha ha! So you think Dragon Quest is becoming a big thing here in North America? I sure hope so. I don't seem to notice a big hype at my local game shops, but then again, Gamestop is the only one in town it seems. My Best Buys are more big on TV's and tablets than they are on video games, for instance.

What part of America do you live in? Probably somewhere way different than my neck of the woods, right?

Pusays

IX is keeping me entertained too, but I still want to get my hands on V. Roto (ThePersonInFrontOfYou) said that one's supposed to be very good. And it's on a system I have access to! (The DS.) Huzzah!  

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100

Emmie The Strange

Healing Sweetheart

13,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:55 pm
Misuki Marishima

Ha ha ha! So you think Dragon Quest is becoming a big thing here in North America? I sure hope so. I don't seem to notice a big hype at my local game shops, but then again, Gamestop is the only one in town it seems. My Best Buys are more big on TV's and tablets than they are on video games, for instance.

What part of America do you live in? Probably somewhere way different than my neck of the woods, right?

sweatdrop Like I said becoming but I do know when a new game is to be released they often put flyers. That is how I learned about number 9 coming out. I got a flyer with another game I bought and they had a big poster I asked if I could buy which of course they said no to but a girl can try. Game Stop is the only game store I go to so that might be the reason.

I do not know many people who actually play it but I have gotten a few family members and family like friends into it. Best Buy is really horrible for games to tell the true. They really only have starter and NEW OMG games to get you started with the new console you just bought from them. Seeing the hype switches to each new released game and only when it is released in America it would not have hype now (leave that to the gaming sites) and just wait until it gets a release date for the advertizements to come out like the past games.

As for my locale I will keep it super obscure. I live in the north eastern part of America. Another thing you have to remember is while they have spin offs, most people do not buy them, which does in a way reflect on interest, and the time span in between the games in itself show that it is not a lack of interest but some people just do not know about it and it may not be said lack of interest either but more that the span of time between each release game is more guilty to the releases to us then interest. I think anyways.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:22 pm
Emmie The Strange
Misuki Marishima

sweatdrop Like I said becoming but I do know when a new game is to be released they often put flyers. That is how I learned about number 9 coming out. I got a flyer with another game I bought and they had a big poster I asked if I could buy which of course they said no to but a girl can try. Game Stop is the only game store I go to so that might be the reason.

I do not know many people who actually play it but I have gotten a few family members and family like friends into it. Best Buy is really horrible for games to tell the true. They really only have starter and NEW OMG games to get you started with the new console you just bought from them. Seeing the hype switches to each new released game and only when it is released in America it would not have hype now (leave that to the gaming sites) and just wait until it gets a release date for the advertizements to come out like the past games.

As for my locale I will keep it super obscure. I live in the north eastern part of America. Another thing you have to remember is while they have spin offs, most people do not buy them, which does in a way reflect on interest, and the time span in between the games in itself show that it is not a lack of interest but some people just do not know about it and it may not be said lack of interest either but more that the span of time between each release game is more guilty to the releases to us then interest. I think anyways.

Dragon Quest Fans are typically hard to come upon in the states in general (based on personal experience and stories from other fans I hear). While Dragon Quest is more popular then it used to be stateside, and I have met a few fans in my time (As well as introduced it to quite a few people myself), it is still not incredibly popular, and nowhere near as popular as it is in Japan. While most people know of it due to its influence and longevity, I rarely if ever find fans of it, though they are not unheard of. I know many people who have at least tried a DQ game at one point or another, but rarely do I ever find someone who is as big a fan as I am. Dragon Quest VIII got a lot of people into the series, and Dragon Quest IX had not only DQVIII's fans buying it, but also a sizable marketing campaign put behind it by Nintendo of America, which is why we actually saw advertisements about it.

What I am trying to say is that while I wouldn't yet call Dragon Quest a powerhouse in America, I do agree that it is becoming more popular. Even so, I understand concern regarding the release of new games, especially since we have yet to hear anything about Dragon Quest X or Terry's Wonderland (also a remake, though admittedly of Dragon Quest Monsters and not a main series DQ). I would love to say I am sure that VII 3DS will come over, but right now I can say that the odds are probably decent enough even though they are uncertain.  

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

Emmie The Strange

Healing Sweetheart

13,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:40 pm
ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Emmie The Strange
Misuki Marishima

Dragon Quest Fans are typically hard to come upon in the states in general (based on personal experience and stories from other fans I hear). While Dragon Quest is more popular then it used to be stateside, and I have met a few fans in my time (As well as introduced it to quite a few people myself), it is still not incredibly popular, and nowhere near as popular as it is in Japan. While most people know of it due to its influence and longevity, I rarely if ever find fans of it, though they are not unheard of. I know many people who have at least tried a DQ game at one point or another, but rarely do I ever find someone who is as big a fan as I am. Dragon Quest VIII got a lot of people into the series, and Dragon Quest IX had not only DQVIII's fans buying it, but also a sizable marketing campaign put behind it by Nintendo of America, which is why we actually saw advertisements about it.

What I am trying to say is that while I wouldn't yet call Dragon Quest a powerhouse in America, I do agree that it is becoming more popular. Even so, I understand concern regarding the release of new games, especially since we have yet to hear anything about Dragon Quest X or Terry's Wonderland (also a remake, though admittedly of Dragon Quest Monsters and not a main series DQ). I would love to say I am sure that VII 3DS will come over, but right now I can say that the odds are probably decent enough even though they are uncertain.

That is weird cause I actually got a advert for Dragon Quest X and decided I did not like it much due to the potential of it needing money to feed it. Not to say I would not want it to come over here but still. Maybe I just come from a location that leaks all game information and gives out information/flyers/pre-orders/etc even for the lesser of series known. I have not gotten to know any of the other members really well but while we do not have say a COD sized fan base we do have a sparse here or there group of people although I would probably be the idiot who is a little to obsessed with it.

Also a thing I have noticed with Japan is rarely do they not bring a game/manga/anime over to us. They love to market to us as we are a large market to continue to boost their sales. So unless they know for a fact it will bomb they typically will send it over which is why I am none to worried that it should come it just takes time I mean. It takes like three years after announcements for it to hit Japanese markets and it is popular there so -shrug- I just feel like we can all sit around wondering when or buy/play the games we do not have/yet to finish.

If all else fails and for some reason it does not go through and they decide not to send it our way I know fans that have gone and sent petitions to places for games (mainly) to get it sent over here. No idea if it works but it never stops the motivated wink  
Party Chat (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games