Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 pm
User Image

Ruber was attempting to doctor himself as best he could with his tongue and paws. This was made fairly difficult by the fact that he was no healer of any kind and could not actually see most of what he was attempting to fix.

But as long as he was trying to deal with these wounds, he couldn't help thinking about how he'd gotten them. Morag, the Spymaster, had dealt them after she'd gotten annoyed at something about him. His words, she'd implied. Well, the red lion didn't really see why that had been. Yes, he'd offered to help her train based on the fact that there was a massive amount of scar tissue on one side of her face. He'd soon rethought that offer as she demonstrated that she was, in fact, a far more competent fighter than he was.

None of which changed the fact that he was liberally covered with bruises and scratches.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:29 pm
User Image

Either it was luck or misfortune, but Ruber was not going to be alone for much longer. Kiran had left the medical wards for a while, intent on escaping Singh's cubs. The vast majority were clearly determined to be medics, and as adorable as that was... He needed a break from them! The black-marked white lion had to stop, though, when he spied one of the newer soldiers. The WAY his injuries formed... Kiran promptly marched over, reached up, and grabbed Ruber by his ear. "You tkiv'b 'b'ak, what were you DOING when you went up to Morag?!" Even if she was a daughter of his mother's half-sister, he still knew the marks his family could and sometimes did leave. Anybody who crossed any one of his relatives, regardless of which branches of the old Firekin blood they hailed from, was a tkiv'b 'b'ak, or stupid idiot.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:36 pm
Startled by the unexpected voice, Ruber hissed in pain as he put weight on one injured leg and pushed it into the sand, allowing the tiny irritating particles into the open wounds. Once he managed to recover, the red lion turned to the other.

"She started it," he muttered, not meeting the white lion's green eyes. He wasn't thrilled about being seen in this condition...nor did he know what a "tkiv'b 'b'ak" was...though he suspected it wasn't a compliment by a long shot.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:47 pm
"Why do I doubt that?" He gave Ruber a shove toward the medical dens. "Come on, dauar, let's get you cleaned up." He scowled. "There's no sense in letting your wounds get infected, and you might attract snakes to the dens, to boot!" That's just what they needed, possibly-venomous snakes in the dens with cubs! They'd lose whole litters that way! Only a dauar would bring snakes where cubs were! Which reminded him, he'd have to chase two or three of his cousins away from the cubs at a later time. They liked to keep snakes... He had a pretty good idea of why Luut didn't like them.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:51 pm
The red lion slowly got to his feet and moved in the direction indicated. He supposed the white lion must be a Medic. Regardless of what rank he might hold, the lion was actually the friendliest person Ruber had met in the pride thus far. Which probably said something.

"It's the truth!" he insisted. "She got all huffy at me, so I was a bit snarky, and then she attacked me!" Conveniently leaving out what he'd said to Morag, Ruber could feel his indignition rising again.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 pm
Kiran gave a snort. "Morag is my cousin. I know few of my cousins attack for absolutely no reason, so you must have said or done SOMETHING." P'leimis was one of the ones who would attack you for just LOOKING at him funny. That lion seemed to have a thorn up his a** all day every day. Ea was a ray of sunshine next to that! Most of his other relatives seemed to, if they intended to attack you, plotted it out before they did it. "What exactly happened that she got huffy at you?" He shooed some cubs away from his things, gathering the poultices he'd need to treat the wounds so they didn't get infected.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:00 pm
Ruber eyed the other lion suspiciously while he thought about the request. He knew, deep down inside, that his mother did not approve of how he viewed females. He also knew that most of the lionesses he'd met agreed with her. But until he'd come to the Motoujamii-Simo, the red lion hadn't really met any lioness who had the strength and the skill to back up her protest.

So yes, his expression did resemble a cub who knew better, and yet had gone and said things anyway.

"I might've offered to teach her, seeing as she had that big scar on her face," he muttered, almost too quietly to be called a response.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:41 pm
Taking a thick substance that drew its moisture from the plants used to make it, Kiran began to apply it to various cuts. "I see. Were you stupid enough to actually mention the scar, too? Because Morag, as far as I've seen, is particularly sensitive about that. It's what prompted her to do more heavy training like her siblings and half-siblings, because the alternative was to be coddled and babied by her father and at least one half-sister." He paused, then hissed at a green-eyed white cub with black hair and markings. "Daedd'k, Uriti, v'tt agg! Go bother someone else, like Ea! Maybe you'll learn to not stick your nose in others' business!"  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 pm
The red lion hissed as the medic applied something to his wounds, irritating them once more. No matter how good a treatment injuries received, they still seemed to hurt so gods-be-damned much throughout it all.

"I might have," he answered, wincing as the white lion made a less than gentle application. "Scars generally mean you weren't good enough to get out of the way," Ruber pointed out defensively.

But it had been an old, and long-healed injury, that scar. He supposed the medic's tale of how Morag had trained afterwards made a great deal of sense, and that enough time had passed for it to be rather painfully true.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:56 pm
Finishing with the poultice, Kiran let out a hm. "Have you heard about the Nergui? Monsters from the north... They drove the Hongshan here to us. First came the refugees who'd avoided enslavement, then those who managed to escape the enslavement. A lion who supposedly helped them was amid them and captured as a prisoner. We still have him in custody." He gathered some bandages, beginning to wrap them around Ruber. "And then they did a sneaky thing and attacked us from the south... Morag was injured in the ambush, as was our shared aunt, Shula." He paused, then grinned wryly. "I should specify - The red Shula with the black spot on her forehead and a yellow stripe running nose to tail. There's a LOT of Shulas here... Very popular name."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:00 pm
Ruber examined the dressing while the Medic spoke. About the Nergui, a name he'd definitely heard before. And enslavement, a subject he'd heard discussed in low voices, generally in dark places. The red lion frowned as he considered what he was hearing now, along with the bits and pieces he'd acquired previously.

"So...are we at war with these Nergui? It doesn't seem like it...but I don't understand why they'd want so badly to attack us," he pieced together slowly, trying to think these things through. It was a way to avoid thinking that perhaps he'd been in the wrong as far as Morag was concerned.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 pm
After finishing his work, the medic put his things away, shrugging. "We're not really at war yet. It's... Waiting for them to make the first big move, where we can see them. What they did before was sneaky, and they were gone before we could retaliate." He took a seat next to Ruber. "We're not really sure why they're after us... Something about assimilating us or something." He motioned with a paw, though he didn't much get it himself. "I missed that meeting where one of the Nergui came to us, so I'll have to ask somebody who was." Maybe he'd ask Aurinko. He then examined Ruber one more time. "You're all patched up now. Not much can be done about those bruises except give them time to heal. Come back tomorrow to get the bandages changed, and I'll change the poultice, too. The one on them now disinfects and gets the sand and dirt out. The new one will simply help you heal faster... So long as you don't open your big fat mouth around Morag like a baedr 'b'ak."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:28 pm
"Thanks," Ruber muttered as he got to his feet to leave. He didn't like waiting. Was, in fact, very bad at it. So the fact that not only was he going to have to wait for his own wounds to heal, but the whole pride was also waiting for the Nergui's next move...it made him no little uncomfortable.

There really wasn't anything more he could think to say to the Medic, but he wondered if perhaps there was a better way to deal with the Nergui, such as going out and attacking them directly. It appealed to him far more than sitting and waiting.  
[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games