Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Toxica Gouger [Crits Pleaaaase]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doc Goth

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:31 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Toxica Gouger
Nicknames: Toxy

Faction: Monster
Race:Gorgon

Natural Ability: Her eyes can temporarily stun a target, but because she is only a first year, can not make statues out of them. Toxy needs to keep her eye contact and not move or else the victim can slowly begin to gain control over their body.

Personality: Toxy is what you would view as a classical Goth. She has a cool temper and it takes a lot to really make her upset. Those who have made her upset...well let's say she's also an artist and enjoys doing 'different' sculptures. Tox absolutely enjoys being a Gorgon but, is secretly upset that not a living being can look into her gorgeous eyes without consequence.
When it comes to fighting Tox would prefer to defend herself by using her fists over her natural abilities. But, she does not like throwing the first punch in a fight. She mainly can get involved into school fights because she is defending a friend who's feelings had gotten hurt by some other. Tox can take taunting but will really get fired up if someone every mutters something negative about one of her friends.
She prefers to do her schoolwork ahead of time and then proceed to do other activities. She can be a major procrastinator if her friends find something to get in trouble with. Although she may hold the role of the school 'badass' she is very caring and loyal to all of her friends and enjoys lending a helping hand to others and shutting down all of those who dare desecrate her friends. To Tox, it's either you are her best friend or you are not.
Tox likes video games and distract her very easily- it's almost hypnotizing to her and before she knows it- its 3am and her paper isn't done!
Loving and tough, yet easily distracted- Tox
She HATES preps. hates...

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
Toxy's father had gotten a new job so her family had no choice to move. She is the youngest out of three total children. She is here to grow stronger as a gorgon and plans to show up her 'more mature' brothers when she gets a little more older and a little more wiser. Her brothers made fun of her because she isn't as sweet and uncaring as they are. Because she has a kind heart- she was criticized for it and was therefore subjected to being a bully at school to whoever dares doubt her or any of her friends- but primarily her friends.
She also has a longing desire to become ranked with her brothers by learning the proper techniques to turn others into stone. She is really against doing this but, she really wants to fit in with her family in the worst way.

FEAR Ability: Toxy has poison lining her mouth- but it is not directly in her fangs but she can spit like a cobra. She is more of a support character rather than a full on fighter.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Gray
Hair Colour/Style: Dread locks like this X But they are black with red JUST at the tips of the lock.
Skin Colour: Pale green (if that is ok)
Clothing Style/Colours: Looks like she walked out of the tripp factory. She has a wife beater with medium black and gray stripes on it. An over vest with spikes on the shoulder part as well as a chain on the left pocket of the vest. She has laced platforms that are 3" platforms with 3 spikes running up the back side (like spurs) and the front part of the boot has 3 medium spikes protruding from the tip. She has tripp shorts like This but they are black, gray and white. She has her snake spiked leather collar (her demonic snake thing). She has one glove on her right hand side that is made of leather with spikes on the knuckle part. She has another necklace on that is like a simple chain. She has black lipstick with black eyeliner that looks like This and gray eyeshadow.
**She has sunglasses like this but they only have the spikes on the side; not in the middle or top part (WE DO NOT WANT ACCIDENTS NOW DO WE?!)
Extra: She has slightly claw-like nails that are painted black. She has one sharp fang protruding on her left side of her mouth (even when she has her mouth shut- like a dragon) Her pupils have a slight snake-like pointedness to them. She also has a forked tongue like a snake and has splotches of scales on her hands, arms, cheeks, forhead, and a liiiiittle bit on her nose
she also have silver rings on her right hand: thumb, middle and pinky and left hand: middle and pointer finger (i dont care what the rings really look like as long as they are silver and are there!)
References: (If you have art or design sketches for your character, include them here!)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:55 pm
Ah, interesting that you are playing to a clique role in the typical high school status quo. I feel like there is missing stuff, I want to know more about her, quirks, likes, dislikes, typical problems she might run into. Does her siblings tease her?

Another thing here is her age, I was docked a crit too because I wanted mine to be an older age. Typically, the age range here for Y1 students is 15-17, 17 being a stretch but acceptable. I'd recommend 17 for Tox here.

For her ability, you may want to classify it as one of the following:
Quote:
Offensive Abilities:
xxxxx Gambler’s Chance: Deals the highest amount of damage on average, however the user suffers recoil.
xxxxx Battle Cry: Standard damage-dealing move.
xxxxx Swift Strikes: For attacks that affect an area.
xxxxx The Mind: Lowers opponent’s accuracy; makes it harder for them to hit you.
xxxxx Headlights: Has a chance to disable the target, forcing them to skip a turn.

Supportive Abilities:
xxxxx The Barrier: Creates a shield that nullifies incoming damage.
xxxxx The Eye: Boosts accuracy AND damage.
xxxxx The Chill: Standard heal.
xxxxx Tainted Fang: Allows the user to damage their opponent over time, like a poison or burn.

What is her natural ability as a gorgon?  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Doc Goth

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:28 pm
PhiferWolf
Ah, interesting that you are playing to a clique role in the typical high school status quo. I feel like there is missing stuff, I want to know more about her, quirks, likes, dislikes, typical problems she might run into. Does her siblings tease her?

Another thing here is her age, I was docked a crit too because I wanted mine to be an older age. Typically, the age range here for Y1 students is 15-17, 17 being a stretch but acceptable. I'd recommend 17 for Tox here.

For her ability, you may want to classify it as one of the following:
Quote:
Offensive Abilities:
xxxxx Gambler’s Chance: Deals the highest amount of damage on average, however the user suffers recoil.
xxxxx Battle Cry: Standard damage-dealing move.
xxxxx Swift Strikes: For attacks that affect an area.
xxxxx The Mind: Lowers opponent’s accuracy; makes it harder for them to hit you.
xxxxx Headlights: Has a chance to disable the target, forcing them to skip a turn.

Supportive Abilities:
xxxxx The Barrier: Creates a shield that nullifies incoming damage.
xxxxx The Eye: Boosts accuracy AND damage.
xxxxx The Chill: Standard heal.
xxxxx Tainted Fang: Allows the user to damage their opponent over time, like a poison or burn.

What is her natural ability as a gorgon?

Thank you so much for the crit!
I Changed her age to 17~ but is it ok to recognize her 'looking' 17 but actually be over 200?
Her natural ability is her deadly eyes which can turn victims into stone (like Medusa so to say)- The format you quoted and posted am I supposed to make her abilities in accordance to that??  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:09 pm
As far as the Fear attack goes, yes it has to fall under one of those. Here's the fear guide for more detailed information

Also, only Reapers are allowed to have a familiar, which the demonic snake you have there is running really close to being from the looks of things.

As for the natural ability, just straight up petrification may be too strong for a first year student, especially when we're talking about how it works in terms of the myths where it's pretty much a permanent thing. Here's an example that might be better, taken from one of the existing gorgons in the shop.

Nevena's Journal
Natural Ability: Like all Gorgons, Neve is able to temporarily paralyze her foes with a single glance, so long as she makes eye contact. Transfixed by her gaze, the affected party won't be able to move a muscle until she moves or breaks eye contact. This means that Nevena must be standing still for it to work; if she attempts to approach them, they'll be a little disorientated, but free to move about as they'd please again.

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Doc Goth

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 pm
Oh I see~ Thank you for the feedback Blade  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items