MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:47 pm
That Square Enix has made a webpage regarding either making a new LoK game perhaps in the future or hinting at revamping it. I don't know for sure yet so it may be a rumor. This website is not up and running yet but it is called: WarforNosgoth.com

Keep your chin up people. There may be hope yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:17 pm
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/09/square-enix-registers-possibly-legacy-of-kain-related-domain.aspx

Quote:
Square Enix Registers Possibly Legacy Of Kain Related Domain

Square Enix recently registered warfornosgoth.com, which should be familiar to anyone who has played the Legacy of Kain series.

All we know is the name of the domain at the moment, which doesn't offer many clues, but Nosgoth is is where the Legacy of Kain series takes place. And Square Enix is the current owner of the Legacy of Kain intellectual property, so if there were to be a new entry in the series, it would be coming from them.

The last we heard of anything Legacy of Kain related, was in the form of DLC for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

And thus, a new chapter beings... one where Kain and Raziel together must fight off a new horror... Final Fantasy characters....  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Seraphim Skye
Crew

Gambino Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:50 am
I'm honestly terrified...
Unless Kuja's going to be in it.
emotion_awesome

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:22 pm
Samt03
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/09/square-enix-registers-possibly-legacy-of-kain-related-domain.aspx

Quote:

Square Enix recently registered warfornosgoth.com, which should be familiar to anyone who has played the Legacy of Kain series.

All we know is the name of the domain at the moment, which doesn't offer many clues, but Nosgoth is is where the Legacy of Kain series takes place. And Square Enix is the current owner of the Legacy of Kain intellectual property, so if there were to be a new entry in the series, it would be coming from them.

The last we heard of anything Legacy of Kain related, was in the form of DLC for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

And thus, a new chapter beings... one where Kain and Raziel together must fight off a new horror... Final Fantasy characters....

I'm not so much worried about the final fantasy characters as much as I am the Kingdom hearts ones...  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:47 pm
MadxHatterxTeapot
Samt03

Quote:

I'm not so much worried about the final fantasy characters as much as I am the Kingdom hearts ones...
I was trying to forget that could happen crying

...Newest world in KH! Journey with Sora, Donald, and Goofy as they try and close the keyhole in Nosgoth...

I like my KH in my KH and my Nosgoth by it's self....  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:27 pm
I can't foresee Disney agreeing Squeenix to use their copywritten characters for something as dark as LoK. Now, I am told Epic Mickey for the Wii gets dark, but LoK discusses very different themes.  

Lieutenant Turel

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:54 pm
I heard this too. Gotta love Facebook.

It's good that they haven't forgotten about LoK, but I can't help but be a little concerned about the franchise. Are they going to try and stay true to the original games, or just do something they think will be popular and make them money?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:29 am
Bluetabbycat
I heard this too. Gotta love Facebook.

It's good that they haven't forgotten about LoK, but I can't help but be a little concerned about the franchise. Are they going to try and stay true to the original games, or just do something they think will be popular and make them money?

How many of the original staff are going to be working on it as well? From what I recall, Amy and one other person who was a main writer left. Tony Jay is beyond the veil. I'm sure they can try to find someone else to do the voices, but I'd like to see the original staff return and be given reign over their series.  

Lieutenant Turel

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:52 pm
Now they can patch together voice clips if they need to, to cover anyone's voice, or do it digitally via computer from what they have (if that makes sense.)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:24 pm
Samt03
Now they can patch together voice clips if they need to, to cover anyone's voice, or do it digitally via computer from what they have (if that makes sense.)

That's true. But can we get the original writers back?  

Lieutenant Turel

The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff