Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 10. Personal Ads Section
20y/o British guy looking for friends :)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enigmatised

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:58 pm
Hey.
Looking for friends, unlikely to find anything further considering I'm straight (although, bi girls... wink ) jk.
Anyway. I temporarily dropped out of uni about a month ago for the sake of my health, and don't have much of a social life at all anymore. Talking online is something I really enjoy though and I find it easier to connect with like-minded people this way, since I am pretty awkward if you speak to me irl.
Hobbies include anime, writing, rock/metal music, video games (the sims! <3), outdoorsy stuff like hiking... yeah. Although I'm too much of a recluse for my own liking at the moment and am really self-conscious/paranoid about s**t like leaving the house and bumping into people I knew as a child.
I'm trans. I didn't mention it right away because it's not the most important thing about me. It is however, a part of my life which causes me a lot of stress at the moment. Also I'm not involved in the 'trans community' which is a choice I've made of my own will. It causes me more harm than good.
Anyway, feel free to message or reply, if I've not made myself out to be too much of a weirdo? haha.. razz

████████████████████

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:43 pm
Hi there. I'm in pretty much the same boat. I don't have much of a social life irl and really only talk to people online. I work full time and attend college full time, both online from my apartment, so I don't get out much. Then there's the fact that I live in a conservative, religious little hellhole and people are dicks.

Btw, I'm also trans. It sounds like we have a lot of the same hobbies. I like a lot of different anime, I RP a lot and I used to write original and fanfiction too, but I have no time for it anymore. I also love rock and metal, video games too. (Do you have the Sims 3? I used to be so addicted to that game.)

Can't do hiking since I don't live near the mountains, I'm out of shape, and I have asthma. Runs in the family.

As for the trans community... sometimes it can be helpful, but other times not so much. I'm a member of a few different groups, but I don't spend a lot of time there. It's nice to have support, but I don't always want to be reminded of all the problems I face. I just want to live my life and deal with it my own way.

If you ever want to chat, hit me up man! Oh, and I guess I should admit that I'm 30 and I have kids. They're adorable and supportive. I'm much prouder to be their Dad than I ever was to be their Mom. (My ex is not in the picture and we never need speak of his idiocy.)

I'm also ******** you call it. I don't care about body parts, just personalities. I flirt a lot, but don't worry, I won't hit on you. I'm only interested in people who are interested in me.  

the_rotten1

Dangerous Lover

10,600 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Enigmatised

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:52 pm
the_rotten1
Hi there. I'm in pretty much the same boat. I don't have much of a social life irl and really only talk to people online. I work full time and attend college full time, both online from my apartment, so I don't get out much. Then there's the fact that I live in a conservative, religious little hellhole and people are dicks.

Btw, I'm also trans. It sounds like we have a lot of the same hobbies. I like a lot of different anime, I RP a lot and I used to write original and fanfiction too, but I have no time for it anymore. I also love rock and metal, video games too. (Do you have the Sims 3? I used to be so addicted to that game.)

Can't do hiking since I don't live near the mountains, I'm out of shape, and I have asthma. Runs in the family.

As for the trans community... sometimes it can be helpful, but other times not so much. I'm a member of a few different groups, but I don't spend a lot of time there. It's nice to have support, but I don't always want to be reminded of all the problems I face. I just want to live my life and deal with it my own way.

If you ever want to chat, hit me up man! Oh, and I guess I should admit that I'm 30 and I have kids. They're adorable and supportive. I'm much prouder to be their Dad than I ever was to be their Mom. (My ex is not in the picture and we never need speak of his idiocy.)

I'm also ******** you call it. I don't care about body parts, just personalities. I flirt a lot, but don't worry, I won't hit on you. I'm only interested in people who are interested in me.

Heya.
I don't think 'religious hellhole' is a type of place in England at all. But there's always gonna be idiots. Since I'm back at my family home and not in the city I went to uni in now, I'm paranoid and trying to avoid everyone from my past, which is irritating and awkward. Still, being able to work and do college is a lot more than I'm able to cope with, so well done on that part.

I do have the Sims 3 and I just love the sims games in general. smile Very addictive. Guess it's something to live vicariously through. But yeah I'm out of shape as anything. I have it in my head though that when I return to uni, I'm going to get a gym membership and start working out. I've always been the sort of person who'd come last in everything sports related at school, and would get yelled at for 'not trying' even though I was trying so hard, but was just awful. Frustrating.

Yeah, I have a similar outlook I guess. I intentionally quit all the groups I was part of though and just separated myself from everyone because it was getting me down so much. I only even discovered there was such a thing as the 'community' within about the past year, so it's not like I'm missing out by not taking part in it, since I didn't have people around when I was first coming to terms with it. But what's wrong with being 30? razz Eh.. I basically see bi and pan as being different names for the same thing. Try and enlighten me if you care, or not. razz

████████████████████

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:48 pm
England seems nice. I know a few people from there, one of whom is a butler I've been flirting with for awhile.

Luckilly, I no longer live in the same place I did when I was a child. I have spent the last 16 years or so in the area I reside in now, but it's big enough and I never knew many people to begin with. Plus, I moved across town so it's easy to avoid most of them.

I tried the gym thing at the YMCA. Thought it'd be fun, but I only pass about half of the time. Loved the workouts, hated the way people looked at me. I went there for a few months and then quit. I'll get a home gym eventually. Then I can get the workout without the creepy staring.

One thing I always hated growing up was the assumption that I'm weak. I could forgive people for assuming that I was female, because after all I looked the part, but weak? No. My family was religious so there was this culture of the men doing all the heavy lifting/hard work while the women sit around and do lighter chores. I would follow the guys, pick up the heaviest damn thing I could lift, and do what they were doing. I could carry as much as any of them. Probably still can, though my biceps could use some work.

As for the difference between pan and bi, I see the term "bisexual" as reinforcing the gender binary. The idea that there are only two genders in the world, male and female, excludes a lot of people. Intersex, genderqueer, and of course us. Pansexual and/or omnisexual (which are essentially the same thing) admit to the existence of more than two genders.

Also, although most of the bisexuals I've known have been fine with dating trans guys, there may be some who aren't. I don't think the acceptance of a male body and a female body necessarily translates to acceptance of a body that is ambiguous or an identity that doesn't match the body. And personally, I wanted to make it clear that I accept and may be attracted to people who aren't cisgendered.  

the_rotten1

Dangerous Lover

10,600 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
10. Personal Ads Section

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items