Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] B. Ruth the Paranoia Agent (Accepted)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name:
B. Ruth
Nicknames: Ruth

Faction: Reaper
Race: Paranoia Agent
Agents further paranoia usually by creating new conspiracies and urban legends or acting as a reminder of said conspiracies and urban legends. And sometimes, when they have the resources, they infiltrate the Human World's entertainment industry to make movies or shows just to keep the Fear flowing* as much as they can. While these activities might be commonplace for reapers in general, Agents make use of doubt.

They're that faint, nagging voice that makes you second-guess everything. They planted that insistent idea that maybe everything's not what they seem. They can cause you to question what you know to be true. Their appearances are brief, usually caught from the corner one's eye. With a second glance they're gone. And done over a long period of time, a slow-burn building up to that perfect moment to strike.

They use their magic to mask their real form and appear to be whatever causes you to doubt and fear. They don't take on these forms, just disguises. Their true forms are that of typical, ordinary humans, the better to blend in with the human masses. The only thing of note is that their eyes are always obscured.

Natural Ability: Projection - All Paranoia Agents have the ability to take on an illusion-disguise drawn from the psyche of the person/people around them. The Agents themselves don't have control over the details of their illusion, they just have vague ideas on what it is. Like they know it's humanoid or beast-like in form and the stronger the Agent, the more details they have about the form. As a fledgeling Agent, Ruth can only look blurry with a few traits (that she has no control over) as opposed to a full-blown illusion-disguise.

Personality: Ruth is a quiet ghoul who doesn't stand out too much. Not because she actively avoids attention but she's just drawn to people who are more noticeable. She doesn't have to actually interact with these people, she just wants to be in their presence. She is especially drawn to individuals who are in emotional discomfort and is more likely to end up making things worse than help out.

Ruth doesn't talk much by choice, preferring to communicate through body-language, which can cause confusion and misunderstandings. She doesn't mind any sort of conflict this causes though, in fact she enjoys it. Of course, she would rather not be the target of any resulting hostilities but that's what the skates are for.

The idea of non-Agent friends is a new and interesting concept to Ruth. She might want some during her duration in the school, but she's not entirely sure how to go about making and keeping them. Whether she makes friends or enemies, Ruth knows her stay won't be boring.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Because of the lack of details regarding several "incidents" involving Amityville Academy, Ruth's family decided it's the best place for her to learn how to further paranoia. Nothing like first-hand experience after all.

FEAR Ability: You won't believe your eyes (Headlights)
Ruth uses FEAR to give herself and her weapon an appearance meant to either intimidate or catch the opponent by surprise. This can be done via "hulking out" or creating multiple copies of herself or whatever visual-thing that is mostly flavor text.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Blue but it's usually obscured by bangs/shadows/bill of her baseball cap
Hair Colour/Style: Blonde with this hair style but with bangs that cover her eyes.
Skin Colour: Lightly tanned
Clothing Style/Colours: Style-wise, old, worn, 1940's style women's baseball uniform with the hem of her skirt tattered. The rest of her uniform has fading blood stains, whether its hers or someone else's is up for debate. Underneath the skirt, she wears tight, short shorts with her name monogrammed on the back.
Her eyes are obscured either by her bangs or the bill of her baseball cap or both.
Whatever shoes she can run in.
Color-wise, anything Halloween appropriate.
Expression-wise, she tends to smirk or grin maliciously.
Reaper Weapon: Long, steel pipe
References: baseball uniform idea/suggestion. Though please don't include her name anywhere aside from her shorts.

* taken from the Reaper Info thread  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:21 am
While I'm pretty happy with her FEAR, I'm still open to suggestions though I'd rather stay away from the obvious Battle Cry/Swift Strikes. She's not really a bruiser from the way I ended up playing her during the KH events XD  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:41 pm
/gettin all the things today

OKAY

IDK if you're aware we have a reaper on rollerskates with a bat already. Idk if that will change anything since it's not a paranoia agent reaper but appearances.

THAT ASIDE

I'd avoid "Although some will argue that these types of reapers are just used as scapegoats, Ruth and her family will neither deny nor confirm anything." Since it explains nothing about her species- scapegoats for what? It's a line that implies something but leads to nothing so it ends with reader going ????

As for reasoning, it doesn't quite make sense. Amity is still on 'poor' standing with Halloweentown/in general. Its still a good school, but it's reputation has all but been shot in the last year. It might be that despite it's current reputation, they still acknowledge the school's caliber for a higher level of learning.

As for name... I would honestly change it, running in the fact you're not stating what B stands for and well... Babe Ruth.

DAT IS ALL I HAVE~
Huni Pi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:03 pm
Form what little I know about the Paranoia Agents from that anime I half watched ages ago, not knowing exactly what they did was part of the mystique? Because. You know. Agents of Paranoia; they could be doing this, but are they? -Tinfoil hats-

Also, Huni, I think her name is fine. C: I didn't think of Babe Ruth when I saw B. Ruth. I thought it was something like the whole 'B--- Kiddo' thing that Kill Bill had going on. Or like Mac, who has a real name but screw you he doesn't. 8D

Maybe consider changing the roller skates though? You don't have to, it's just as Vamps said~ that combo is a little too specific for official arts when there's already someone like it. I'd think having her wear them in play would be A-OK because nobody can own the concept of wearing rollerblades, but maybe a nice pair of boots for official arts? --- OR or or or those sneakers that have wheels in the heel! Those are pretty cool too.  

Enoh Love
Crew

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:04 am
iStoleYurVamps

I'm on my phone atm so forgive the shortness and any spell errors @ 3@

* specie description rewritten with inputs from multiple people (including liz)
* skates removed and bat replaced
* reason for enrollment edited for clarity

Enoh Love

* Wheelies/Heelies are not cool 8CCCC ::may be prejudiced against those after having had her toes run over by kids wearing them at the mall:: I'll still have Ruth wear skates in RP though.  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:55 pm
Huni Pi
Ruth has been approved for RP! You can notify your artist to begin her art. In the meantime, you can create her journal and begin to RP~

*enrollment thing goes here*  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:53 am
Huni Pi

"Yeah, well I heard she put her face in one of the students, and ate their stomach. Beat that."

"That's nothing! I heard she actually ate an ENTIRE student in one of her classes. Just gobbled him up whole! Probably still in there, too, floating around!"

"YOU'RE LYING."

"Nuh uh!"

The gnomes had a new favorite pasttime - trying to out-do one another when it came to faculty member rumors. Nurse Cricket was on the slab for today, and each rumor was more far-fetched than the last.

"I can hear you over there, you know." Professor Selene chirped, as she ran another application through the acceptance bin. "And Ms. Cricket is a close, personal friend of mine. I don't appreciate you spreading such rumors about her!"

She was very careful not to say false rumors, however. Neither of the shamed gnomes seemed to notice.

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games