Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] SB the Djin (crits)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 pm
GOD IM SO WEAK

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM
◕ ‿‿ ◕

Name: Subey
Nicknames: SB

Faction: Demon
Race: Djin

Natural Ability:
Telepathy - Subey never actually speaks aloud, and instead uses telepathy to talk with others. She can send her thoughts into more than one head at once, and usually sends her 'talking' out in a wide area around her, so anyone in the room can 'hear' her, although she can focus down to one or two people, the equivalent of lowering her voice.

Personality:
Coy and almost flirtatiously friendly, Subey flits back and forth from overly touchy-feely to coquettishly distant, often several times in one conversation. It's hard to take her at her word with the constant emotional displays she puts on, but her heart is in the right place. At least, that's what she tells people. While SB clearly gets a kick out of being enigmatic and difficult to read, the facade usually drops around other halloweeners that she feels close to, or when things are getting serious, revealing a studious and hard working young ghoul. She feels that she has a lot to live up to, what with the recent rise to fame of the well known Professor QB, and is almost overly conscious of her position and responsibilities.

If there's one thing about SB that is odd or different from others is the fact that once her overly affectionate displays are dismissed as a long one sided joke, she seems a little .... flatter than most ghouls and boils. Where others are in the grip of the almighty teenage hormones, she tends to under-react to most situations, and when she does get really fired up about something, it tends to take a while and sometimes can seem almost forced on her side. It's not that she doesn't care, Subey does care about everything she does, but for her, feeling and displaying emotions is something she's had to learn, rather than something that has come naturally. She does try hard though, and if anything, she's gotten a good grip on the very teenager-like desire to fit in and be accepted by her peers.

As a socially conscious demon, SB takes pride in dressing and presenting herself neatly, as she believes a demon should. While having a humanoid form to style and groom is new to her, she is already studiously researching fashion and appearance, and has nearly managed to break the habit of rubbing her head against people as a display of affection. On the flip side however, she is a little too quick to go along with what other demons are doing, and tends to lean towards the unfortunate tendency of dismissing halloweeners from other factions as below her and not worth taking seriously.

One hurdle she struggles against is the fact that she is not, when you get down to it, what would traditionally be accepted as scary. While djin are an old line, cat like ones who hunt young human girls like her are a very new sight, and in a faction that values heritage, family, and history as much as demons do, its enough to give a girl a twitching inferiority complex from a young age. As much as she hides it and will proudly talk at length about the superiority of creating fear though actions, not appearances, how fear is better cultivated slowly through one or two targets than pulled en masse from the general human crowd, and how she represents the face of a new kind of horror, not too far down inside her she wishes that she at least had some big horns, or maybe a mouthful of huge teeth. Or that she was born from a pumpkin, with a family.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
As one of a new breed of demons, Subey feels that it is her duty to go out into the human world and spread the holy word of Contracts. Or at least show that her new subrace isn't a one-hit wonder. In short, she longs to become as renowned and feared as the very famous Professor QB, and what better way to do that then to learn at the very school he teaches at?

FEAR Ability:
The Bite - SB uses her extra mouth to drain the FEAR of her enemies when she fights, while spouting garbage about fighting universal entropy. What the hell are you talking about SB?

Physical Description:
While not wearing her pin, SB's natural form is of a small, cat-like creature. She has an incredibly fluffy cloud-like tail, an extra pair of arm-like appendages growing from between her ears that she uses to perform all contract and battle-related activities, and a teardrop shaped red mark on her chest. This is her second mouth, the one she actually uses to eat FEAR and FEAR based derivatives.

When wearing her pin, she still tends to favour using her extra 'arms' to do most of her dirty work. Heavy lifting, fighting, and touching unknown substances are all done with these.

Eye Colour: Pink, with no white scleras.
Hair Colour/Style: Blue and puffy like her tail, white bangs. Shaved at the back (chelsea haircut).
Skin Colour: White.
Clothing Style/Colours: Cute, simply-cut, feminine. SB always hand-cuts and sews a gap in the front for her second mouth, to make eating easier, but does her best to make it modest.
Extra: As a humanoid, SB retains her large fluffy tail, cat ears, and 'head arms'. She keeps her odd set of four little eyebrows, and still has the teardrop shaped red 'mouth' on her chest. She wears her nails long, and while they are naturally blue, is fond of painting them. SB is also a little plump around the thighs.
References: To the right and one, two, three outfits.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:56 am
things to wurk on:
fear ability! probably something supportive,, any ideas are loved
natural ability! im on the fence with this one, since forming contracts is something every deamon is supposed to be able to do, i'm not sure i need to have it as the natural ability
? _ ?
physical description: figure out what she looks like in humanoid form. fashion sense etc. probably leans towards upscale spooky couture o u o

DONE ALL THE THINGS

her art design is based on QB and JB, running on the idea that the prehensile hand-ears can grow out of different parts of the bodies, and there can be changes in the body re: patterns, 2nd mouth placement, and physical features.

SB LOVES MINIS
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:08 am
As far as your first question, shop cannon for contract demons, etc.. I'd suggest speaking with Zoo or Sosiqui. No one has had a kyubey student, but Professor QB is obviously an active Staff member and Sosi has a reaper ghoul who basically is a magical girl whose familiar was a kyubey. That way any doubts or uncertainties you have can be worked out biggrin

As far as the character is concerned I think that the personality and everything is just fine. Motivations based on demon bias, as well as being new to the demon world, are all well founded and thought out, imo.

Remember that she is a demon who you have specified to make contracts with human girls. How is life for a demon who's never met a human but powers so strongly rely on them? Is she interested in human culture or have a fondness of humans that others don't share? I like that you seem to have thought out her lack of being scary, and that she has a defense for her production and collection of FEAR through alternate means.. but she best defend her power to give humans POWERS ;D

She's also cute!

Perhaps her natural ability is a goofy sort? Something almost useless.. like being able to materialize anyone in a magical girl outfit. Doesn't mean they get powers >.> But it would be fun to mess with her friends.

amicableAggressor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:05 pm
iloveyouDIE

thanks for the eyeball over! the one thing that you mention about her being able to give humans powers, i would actually tie into the more traditional crossroad demon, as contract demons are basically the same thing (sell your soul for a fiddle of gold) and demons have been attributed to give many humans 'supernatural' powers, so i don't think she'd feel the need to defend that? tbh that's the one part of herself that she probably considers her closest link to other, traditional demons.

pfff @ the natural ability, though it does oddly resonate with her. i was actually thinking of her getting really into fashion and sewing people ridiculous magical girl outfits later on > u >

also i guess i might as well do it here,
zoobey
magical summoning circle

sosiqui
magical summoning circle

hi! i'm just wondering, since you both were recommended as people who are setting current madoka lore in tih, if there's any problems with what i'm doing? basically i'd very very much like to know if there anything established for them right now that she goes against? thank you very much and sorry for bothering etc
o u o;;  

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:41 pm
amicableAggressor
iloveyouDIE

thanks for the eyeball over! the one thing that you mention about her being able to give humans powers, i would actually tie into the more traditional crossroad demon, as contract demons are basically the same thing (sell your soul for a fiddle of gold) and demons have been attributed to give many humans 'supernatural' powers, so i don't think she'd feel the need to defend that? tbh that's the one part of herself that she probably considers her closest link to other, traditional demons.

pfff @ the natural ability, though it does oddly resonate with her. i was actually thinking of her getting really into fashion and sewing people ridiculous magical girl outfits later on > u >

also i guess i might as well do it here,
zoobey
magical summoning circle

sosiqui
magical summoning circle

hi! i'm just wondering, since you both were recommended as people who are setting current madoka lore in tih, if there's any problems with what i'm doing? basically i'd very very much like to know if there anything established for them right now that she goes against? thank you very much and sorry for bothering etc
o u o;;

You'd actually have to go a little ways around this one! Instead of making a contract demon, since that's literally ripping off a cosplay, what you'd have to do instead is base it off a creature that is able to look that way that exists already! A good example is our current resident Pyramid Head, which is I believe a sort of Grim Reaper (subspecies), as opposed to being a Pyramid Head species, since that is a direct cosplay.

What we're looking at is that you NEED to base your character off existing creatures of lore. Try wiki for some good examples of creatures of lore, and we're talking older monsters that have been around for generations, but maybe can change shape or form to be more "hip" and "modern". Since a "contract demon" is pretty much a catch-all for all demons, since all demons CAN make contracts, I would recommend to actually change his subspecies, which is pretty much all you need to do. You'll also need to give them a humanoid form.

There is actually one existing "kyubey"-based cosplay character, the NPC Professor QB! He is a djinn, which is a demon that grants wishes, but he takes the natural form of QB since he likes to make contracts with cute girls. That's how it goes I to some people I guess...

I am totally okay if you want to make your char a djinn too, it would actually be cute as they could be a subspecies of djinn that specifically enjoy looking this way! Either that or you could make a "magical girl" character that has a familiar that is QBish looking. Up to you which way!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:57 pm
Zoobey

thank you! i figure you didn't give her profile a thorough read, (which is understandable cat_3nodding ) as she does have a humanoid form, and that i've referred to professor qb. i basically wanted to make her the same subspecies as him, a continuation of the same branch of halloweener, and will defo go the way of the djin! much appreciated!  

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:09 pm
hauls this out for its biannual update and polish  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items