Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Sweet and Sour (Kamala & Thamani )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:16 am
The sun shown brightly in the middle of the sky as Kamala laid low to the ground, her eyes watching her prey. Every twitch of a step they caused her to want to pounce. But she waited. Now was not the right time. If she screwed up on timing there was a chance she would not catch her prey.

This was her third hunting attempt today. She normally did not have this kind of bad luck. Typically she could catch her prey within the first attempt. She would scoff others who failed at what she could do. Luckily, she thought no one was around to see her make a fool out of herself again and again. This time though she would catch the gazelle.

The tall grass she hid in started to bend in the wind. She was still fairly well hidden, at least to the gazelle she was hunting. Suddenly she felt that it was time. She started to stalk closer and closer to the gazelle until she was close enough to pounce. With a sudden movement she pounced on one of the smaller gazelle, bringing it to the ground. The rest of the herd quickly darted away. “Hello meal!” She said with a bit too much enthusiasm. Today she was surprisingly hungry, probably from all her attempts to hunt. Once prey was dead she picked up its neck in her mouth and started to drag it away. Today she would have plenty to eat.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:02 am
He'd been out looking for an avian to help him. He'd met a cheeton not so long ago that had his avian friend help him find food and explained that having familiars and friends always worked in your favor. Even without a pride, you can survive on one another. He hoped for that to be the case, but he was coming down with the worse luck. It'd been almost a week since he had food- and that was from the 'vegetarian' cheeton. His body found it hard to maneuver with each passing second. Weaker, and weaker. The daylight didn't help any- with his condition he fried in the heat and had debilitated him enough but still his body ached for survival.

He had been feeding off remains that others left behind til this point. He knew how to catch fish now, but no idea how others could keep up with prey animals. It was his darn condition that wouldn't let him! The day was filled with misfires as he tried again and again to take a prey animal down. One was a wildebeast- and that didn't end well. It got him kicked a few times and he was pretty sure that something was sharp feeling against him.

Now it was the gazelle and when he saw them fright- 'there must be another around', he thought. Well they distracted them, and as he leaped for salvation to a prey beast- he got a mouth full of hard rock.

Gazelle jumping around him as they flooded him. "AHHH!H!!!!" He screamed and covered his head as hooves stomped the ground and rock he was on."DONT HURT ME!"

This was why he was destined to be a carver or something unrelated to killing or capturing what so ever. If he ever did come back home, he'd NEVER tell of hiscomings.. When the dust began to settle, he lifted his head up, ears big as to see if anything else was coming- and once he looked to see if maybe he could catch up to a stag behind.... A set of hooves stomped on his head and easily jumped away.

"HEY!" He growled in annoyance and softly started to rub the top of his head. "That hurt..." Sighing. "Ok... so traveling to water- is my only option now.." As he kept rubbing his head but decided to take a break from his unlucky streak and let his body go limp upon the rock.

"Take me now- cruel yet sweet Gods...." He begged....

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:28 pm
Kamala dragged her prey toward some rocks, walking slowly because of the weight of the gazelle. Her eyes kept darting around just in case there was someone around trying to get her meal. She had enough for a small family, but she wasn't about to share it. It was her catch, her meal. When she was done she would leave it for travelers.

As she walked, in the corner of her eye, she spotted a leopard. Her entire body tensed up. She stopped and stared at him. He didn't seem like a threat, if anything he looked a bit weak. She gave the male a frown as she heard him speak. She did not have time to pity the male, so instead she continued on her way.

He looked like he was about to die, she thought as she walked. Usually she wouldn't be so effected by something like that. However he was a leopard, one of her own. Species never really bothered her, for the most part they were all the same in her eyes. The problem was that she hadn't even seen a leopard since she left her family.

She looked around quickly. There was no one around. She set her gazelle in the tall grass near a rock. Hopefully no one would spot it, she thought as she turned around.

Her steps were quite as she approached the young leopard, her eyes narrowed as she looked at him. “So what's wrong with you?” she said as she neared him, making sure her voice was loud enough for him to hear.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:16 am
The body couldn't withstand the heat. Nor couldn't withstand the sacrifice it took to survive out in the open like this. His skin felt like it was nearly melting off. "GODS PLEASE NO!!!" He screamed... But then he suffering was interrupted by a voice that made him turn around with his head up and with a puzzled look on his face.

"Oh.. my a leopard-sister!" He got to his paws, but painfully aching kind of stumbled around a little before lowering himself to the ground. Naturally his tail hid between his legs. "I.. am not of these lands. They are vast and scary- the prey is mobile and quick and the sun that scorches my very skin off." He looked exhausted, tired and sun burnt. Panting..

"Exhausted- and-" He looked down to her prey... it was dead. How he remembered them.. His tongue trying to wipe his lips, but they were too dry to do so. "Hungry...." He tried to take a step forward, but ended up falling on his face. Causing his body to tumble and hang over his head. "...Ow..."

Club Snails

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:23 pm
If he was in better shape, she would slap some sense into him. As it were, she was afraid if she slapped him he would only end up worse. Though it wouldn't really be her problem, she thought. “Maybe you should go home then.” She said, with a hint of annoyance. “If you can't take care of yourself, what good are you?” She thought about her family that she had left. Her parents had drilled it in her head that the rogue lands were harsh and unforgiving. This leopard was proof of that.

She watched his eyes look at her prey. “If you're hungry you should probably try and catch something. If you don't, you'll become too hungry to even hunt and that's no good.” Kamala said, her eyes staring at him. She knew the right thing was to give him at least a nibble of her food, but what good would that do? He would just learn to become an annoying beggar. “I could give you some of my prey, but it doesn't come free. If I give you some you'll owe me a favor.”

She bent down to get closer to his face. “What do you say?” A mouth formed a smirk.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:22 am
"NO!" He looked horrified at the idea- then lowered his head. "I'm sorry.." Pulling his body up again, looking shakey and about to fall from the weakness. "I'll have to learn." Giving a nod. "If I wait til night, it's easier for me to move and not be so burned from the might sun above. The unforgiving, but I believe I surrender to it as even the nightingale shows me no success with my kills..." But even KILLING another being was not in his ability. The last time he killed a rabbit, he let it go.

When she offered some of her kill, his eyes lit up. "If it's not too much trou-" He stopped at her next words. Then gave a heavy nod. "I may not be useful hunting but I can do a favor. I at least know how to heal wounds and know of herbs of medicine... oh and I can sing." Giving off a soft yet bright smile. Even if he looked beat up, he was known for being 'cute' but of course no one would say it to his face.. most would simply avoid him or was made never to come in to contact. In his pride, especially not knowing what he had that made him so weak, it could be contagious, although it really couldn't be.

Because of that sheltered life, he knew at least a thing or two- he wasn't completely useless!

Club Snails

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:02 am
“Nighttime is just as frightening, if not more so then daytime.” She said with a frown. “Daytime you will know if someone is after you, but once it's nighttime you can be stalked and not know it. There are creatures who would gladly rip you and I apart just for enjoyment. They usually hunt at night.” She paused. The poor leopard had been through so much already. Was frightening him really the best way to help?

She tore part of her catch and pushed it over to him. “Singing eh? That sounds like a good way to repay me. You can sing for me.” She gave him a grin. It wasn't often that she came across a singer. This would be a rare treat! “You better be good though. This food is good stuff. I wouldn't expect anything less then perfect singing from you in return.” She gave him a playful wink.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:18 pm
"That I certainly know how to do." A bright smile creased his maw. The light white leopard began to glow almost. Of happiness. It was his innocence still in tack that gave off that feeling of cherishing the most simpliest of things and making an amazement out of it all.

"I'll sing to you now then..."

A moment of silence he gave himself before he looked up in to the sky..
His voice was so soothing, deep yet gentle. Then he closed his eyes mid way in to the song. He had dedicated it to the male he had loved..so long ago.

"Now I will tell you what I've done for you -
50 thousand tears I've cried.
Screaming, deceiving and bleeding for you -
And you still won't hear me (going under)
Don't want your hand this time - I'll save myself.
Maybe I'll wake up for once (wake up for once)
Not tormented daily defeated by you
Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom

I'm dying again

I'm going under (going under)
Drowning in you (drowning in you)
I'm falling forever (falling forever)
I've got to break through
I'm going under

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies.
(So I don't know what's real)
So I don't know what's real and what's not (don't know what's real and what's not)
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore

I'm dying again

I...

So go on and scream
Scream at me I'm so far away (so far away)
I won't be broken again (again)
I've got to breathe - I can't keep going under

I'm dying again

I'm going under (drowning in you)
I'm going under"

There was a silence he gave after he finished before finally opening his eyes..

R4gn0r0k IV

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:15 pm
Kamala wasn’t sure what she was expecting, but that wasn’t it. She had never heard a voice so pure sounding. Her eyes were fixed on the young leopard as he sang. It was like as if the weak leopard before her had transformed into a heavenly being.

When the silence came, it had startled her at first. She had grown used to his song, almost transfixed on it and then he just ended it. Still startled, she pushed the meat closer to him and looked away with a hint of embarrassment.

“That was a rather pretty song.” She stated in her dry tone, still not looking at the leopard. “Do you sing often or were you just blessed with that voice?”

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:13 am
As if it didn't phase him to sing, but with every word dropped immense emotion. But when the song ended, it's as if he had still those same emotions when he turned to her. A puzzled look reached his face. "Thank you! I am honored!" Bowing his head.

Then looked at her puzzled for a moment before he descended from the song's emotions.

"No... I don't have the chance to sing anymore, when I left home, I left a mother whom seemed to be the only one who encouraged me to sing. although, she was my only audience. Then there was you, whom I am very grateful of meeting." Pulling the meat in and waited til she took a bite of hers before biting his. As per his manners. Even if he seemed malnourished at the time, he could no more bite in to something than lose the only thing his mother could teach him.

He seemed more delicate and fragile than a normal male leopard whom was suppose to be strong and able body. Those that could provide and protect, Thamani on the other than seemed more like the one that would need protecting.

"Do.. you sing?" His ears went up when he finally asked. "How did you learn to hunt like that.." So many questions he wanted to ask, only because she had been the only kind one to even spare him her company even if it was a bit rough at first. How he had ached for interaction when all his life was isolated for his health. This was a very welcomed company albeit his awkward way of expressing and talking.

Club Snails

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:24 am
Kamala took a huge bite from her food while listening to the leopard. After she swallowed, she was ready to ask him some questions. “So you left home. Why would you do something like that. Your mother obviously cared for you. Leaving her probably made her worried.” She said. “Honestly you don't really seem like the exploring type. A little too soft and delicate for the dangers that lie in these lands.”

She narrowed her eyes, trying to give off a spooky vibe, but then she let our a chuckle to show she had no ill intent.

“I don't sing. Not something I was ever interested in. It's a cute hobby, but not something I find terribly useful. Hunting on the other hand, now that's a skill any leopard should have especially when they are traveling alone. It's a skill my mom taught me as a cub. She reminded how important it was to be able to hunt, to be able to provide yourself food especially during the most dire situations. We never relied on a pride to help us get food. It was just the two of us.” There was a brief moment where her expression changed to a softer, happier one as she talked about her mother. However it disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

“If you want to survive in these lands you are going to have to learn how to toughen up. The creatures out here don't care if you have the most purest singing voice, they will rip you to shreds just for fun.”

Chi Sohma

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff