Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Letterheads of a Different Sort (Thrain and Ying)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:17 pm
It felt a little strange to send a letter to someone on the reserve when he could probably just deliver it, but Thrain was a considerate fellow. It would be all the more stranger to appear one day at the doorstep of the address he'd written to so often and surprise the Horsewoman without warning. That would go over probably about as well as trying to sneak up on a War clans member, and given that things in the Lairs had not been going well as of late, it was best to just keep striving for good. No need to add more strife to everyone's plate when he could just avoid an otherwise potentially unfortunate kerfluffle.
So the Death Guardian sent out the letter to Ying, one that detailed she should meet him at a precise location at a precise time. Instructions were made vastly clear so that should she decide not to meet, there would be plenty of opportunity to avoid him. After all, meeting was one thing but being honorable about the whole affair was another entirely. And as Ying had been a rather kind correspondent while he had been on post and provided him a deal of comfort when otherwise he would have been bored out of his mind, he would do his very best by her.

Nevertheless, at the specified day and time Thrain waited under the tree, idly occupying himself with a set of beads and feathers he'd filched from Shaheen's house and was currently trying to braid. It was not going well at all, but he'd at least managed to make them into something that resembled a lovely bit of jewelry he'd once seen.
Nailed it.

Chimarii
Sorry for the delay! ;;;

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:38 pm
Ying was petrified. She was staring at her mirror, brushing her hair for the thousandth time, and she was petrified. What if he was brutish? What if he thought she was ugly? What if she was nothing like what he expected after the countless buckets of letters they'd written back and forth?

Perhaps she should just ignore it. Just not go at all. She would spend her whole day sewing, not thinking about it at all.

That ... would probably end their friendship. Ying would never ever wish for that. She'd been writing Thrain for as long as she could remember- it would be a complete heartbreak to end it!

A pep talk from Jing (basically just him teasing her for her anxiousnes) and Ying was out the door, strolling to the appointed place. She'd chosen a somewhat fancy out with one of her prized hairpieces. It seemed only fitting to her that she attempt to impress her friend of many years. First impressions were important after all!

She found him under a tree- at least, she assumed it was him, as he was the only one sitting near the tree. Her quiet voiced emerged, shaking a little with nervousness. What if it wasn't him? "Th-Thrain?"

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:39 pm
In almost no time at all, Thrain became horribly distracted by finishing the bit of bracelet that was really quite a travesty of design. The beads had all matched when he'd grabbed them earlier in the day, but he must have viewed them in an odd light for now they appeared mismatched and total opposites. Or maybe that was from the feathers he had been doing his best to braid together (obviously unaware of the idea that braiding feathers is not something to be done), for now they were all sorts of fuzzy and off looking. A few had even begun to shed a little... Whoops.
Still, the sound of one's own name, especially in a place where almost no one knows your name, was enough to snap the Guardian out of his self imposed work reverie. For a moment he blinked golden eyes up at the very pretty ghoul, confused as to what she would want with him and why she should know his name.
"How might I help one as lovely as yourself?" He asked with an easy, if small, smile.

And then it clicked.
With a yelp he scrambled to his feet, cheeks flushed as he kept rising up only to realize--
"Good Goddess, look how small you are! It is Ying, correct? And not one of her friends to tell me to leave her well enough alone?" Errr, maybe he should stop with the whole 'words in brain must always immediately got out of mouth' thing. That probably wasn't going to win him any favors. So in an attempt to fix that he smiled at her.

Chimarii
emotion_kirakira

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:18 pm
Was he being coy or ... ? Perhaps he was expecting something else- after all, most Conquest ghouls were considerably taller and .... rounder.

"I-I am sorry, this is the only size I will be!" she blathered, imitating the same "speak before thinking" mechanic that Thrain was operating on. Words just tumbled out of her mouth before she could even compose herself to say them correctly. "Y-You are much taller than I imagined as well! Which isn't a bad thing, a-actually it is quite becoming on you- i-in fact-"

Then he made the assumption that Ying had somehow hired a friend to tell him off. Well it was true that she had thought about blowing the whole thing off, but that wasn't because of him! That was because of her!

Bowing slightly she said, "No! No I am Ying. I would never tell my very good friend Thrain to go away, for that would be most rude!" She bit her lip and slightly buried her face in her hands. "I am sorry, I must disclose that I am very nervous ... but I am very, very happy to finally meet you!"

ayeavast

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:57 am
Already flustered that he had totally missed the fact that she had been Ying at first and not someone else, Thrain felt only all the more distraught when she began to stutter. He had not meant to insult her size, not at all! She was so tiny and cute! He'd not expected her to look so precious was all!
And then she complimented his size, which only made him square his shoulders to appear all the taller since obviously he was very becoming. Of course he was becoming! He was the most becoming Guardian ever.
But what made him go all sorts of melty was when she hid her face. Not only had he insulted her and flustered her, but he'd made her nervous too?! Before they'd even met?!
Thrain could not handle these feels.

Unable to think of anything else to do, the Guardian stepped forward and picked up Ying in as close an approximation to a bear hug as he was willing to go with someone as small as she.
"Happy greetings, Ying of Conquest! I am sorry I made you nervous, but we have talked for many an age! There should be no nervousness!" He chuckled as he hugged her, nearly beaming because oh my Goddness she was so tiny and cute and hggggnnnnnnnn. Normally he would ask before he went about hugging things, but he just couldn't help himself!
With a hearty laugh he set her back on her feet, daring to pat the top of her head which did not even come up to his shoulders. Too cute.
"Ah! I tried to make you a thing! I did not do so well and for that I apologize. I am a Guardian, not a Jewel Crafter so do forgive my barbaric attempt at art."
The bracelet, which he had partially crushed in his hand when he picked her up, was now held out for her, all broken feathers and mismatched beads. Errrr... Maybe he'd have to work on that...

"So! Tell me of your time here at the Lairs! I know nothing, so tell me all!" He told her with an easy grin. It was fun to be so happy when she was so obviously nervous and in need of a bit of cheer. That he could do for his little friend.

Chimarii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:15 pm
Ying squealed like a tiny scareling as she was picked up, a noise caught somewhere between terror and delight. Insinct led her to bury her face in his (comparatively) massive shoulders, followed by the tightest squeeze she could manage to get out of her tiny frame. "Yes! No nerves!" she giggled, more to herself than to Thrain.

Back on her feet she went, with a soft thud. She gave him a wide smile, something that sat far more comfortable on her face than nervousness. Ying was too busy beaming at the head pat to realize he was presenting her with a gift. When the broken beads and feathers were held before her, Ying's eyes lit up with sparkles and her mouth gaped open widely.

She gently took it in her hands, cradling it so as to not break it further. "Oh friend it is beautiful! I love it! I will cherish it always!" She held it close to her chest and squeezed it with an excited squeal. A gift! A GIFT! Suddenly she frowned. "Oh ... I ... had not thought to bring you a present!" Her mouth now wrinkled with worry. "You are my very dear friend and I did not even think to ... oh Thrain I am so sorry!!"

All she could do was wibble at him like the tiny kohai she was. There was no talk of lairs when she'd been the worst friend ever.

ayeavast

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:08 am
"Nerves are for lesser creatures! Ones not like the Noble Ying!" He boomed with a laugh, doing his best to be cheerful and bolder for her. Such a small and nervous creature undoubtedly needed the calm, if energetic, assurance that there should be no nervousness between them. Thrain was all too glad to give that, an easy smile spread out on his face as he looked down at the Horsewoman after he'd set her back on her feet. Both hands retracted from her after the presentation of his gift, folding easily across his barrel chest to take in the happy look she would wear at seeing such a wonderful work of craftmanship. Well... Alright, he knew it was bad but at least Ying looked relatively pleased by the bracelet!
At least, that was until she frowned. Wait no! Go back to that adorable little squeal and happy look and oAAAo

"Nonsense! Your presence is all the gift I require!" He told her in a voice a little louder than might have been necessary to soothe someone's worried nerves. "I have extra time on my hands as I have not yet been assigned any specific job here yet. You are busy with your sewing and your clothes, so do not fret Noble Ying!"
And then she was wibbling at him. Nope nope nope Thrain wasn't able to handle such.
With a worried expression he bent his knees to better look at her face, tilting his head to one side as though she were a child.
"You have always promised to make me some sort of glorious garment. Now that I am here and able to give my measurements, that will be the gift from you to me. Sound good?"
Please no more wibbling or sad kohai faces. Thrain was absolute mush in response to them, unable to handle how precious she was being.

Chimarii

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:02 pm
Though it was against her better judgment as a fair court lady of Conquest, Ying wrapped her tiny arms around Thrain once more and buried her face in the lovely white fur on his clothing. It was like a big comfy hug from a bear.

"Oh friend. It is so nice to meet you," she sighed into his fur, nuzzling his enormous body. "I will not fret. At least, I will try not to!"

She then detached from him and put her tiny little hand in his huge one, gently leading him away from the tree. "Friend I have so very much to show you! You must come to our dwelling! We can start on your garment right away!"

ayeavast
aslkfj thrain is so cute. this is my favorite rp Q_Q

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:48 pm
While Ying might have been a lady of the Conquest Court, worthy of all the grace and class the name commanded, Thrain was not. Thrain was not even Conquest and therefore felt no need for propriety. In fact, he wasn't even totally sure how to spell propriety. Spelling the word 'propriety' would not stop an enemy from attacking you so it wasn't really a concern.
What was a concern was the young mare hugging his torso. After she had been so cute and kouhai before (even though Thrain didn't know that word and was instead calling her 'wibbly' in his mind), he was unable to stop himself. With a good natured growl he wrapped his large arms around her and hefted her up into the air to crush against his chest.
"Well met, Ying of Conquest! Fretting is hereby forbidden when in the presence of Thrain, Guardian of Death! If you fret I will be forced to put you on my shoulders and sing you my favorite songs!" Actually he might do that anyways. Just not yet.

For now he set her down with a booming laugh that broke off into a nervous one when she took his hand.
"You would show me your home? What kindness you show me! But a garment, you honor me. What do you have in mind?"
Oh, oh, ooohhh! Maybe she could make him something fancy to woo all the pretty mares? All he had brought with him were a few articles of clothing, but they were all furs and leather and made for training and battle. Nothing to wear to a fancy event, or even for special occasions. Normally it would not be such a concern, but surely the Clans threw events now that they were all together! Something to boost morale! Right? Thrain really would like a party...

Chimarii
*u*/// Sorry for the wait doll! Ying is too precious oh em gee

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces