Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
The Sims 3 problems

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koderjojo

Wealthy Husband

10,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:46 pm
I've looked everywhere for answers, and there seems to be nothing that regards my issue. I have a Dell Laptop with Windows 8. Now, I have managed to make the game work before and it runs smoothly and saves just fine. (and it worked perfectly fine the first time I installed the game) Basically, it acts as if there was no problem to begin with. But then it stops working the next day or the next time I try to play it again. It makes it to the intro but then it freezes and crashes and I have to forcibly shut down my laptop. I did the whole Run Compatibility Troubleshooter and all that stuff, and nothing seems to work.

It seemed to happen whenever I installed Store Content, or anything that goes into the downloads folder (Mods aren't the cause, for I have tested that) But then that theory went out the drain when I uninstalled all of the custom content and tried playing again. Same issue. I mean, I have managed to make it play with all of the stuff installed and all that jazz, but then it just stops working the next time I attempt playing the game. Now it hasn't worked at all for the past 3 days.

Anyone out there with The Sims 3 on a Windows 8 computer?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:02 am
Sorry to hear you're having problems. The only help I can offer is to perhaps give modthesims a visit and see if they can help out. They have a much bigger player base than you will find here.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items