Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:13 pm
Saagar'Tarang
Hewne'stxeli

Saagar’ Tarang was dozing off in his hammock. He wasn’t getting much sleep lately and he was plagued by a constant state of anxiety, a strange heavy weight in his chest that didn’t ease up no matter how many times he took a deep breath. Sleep would surely help and when Clerm was with him, he usually could sleep three or four hours without waking up for no apparent reason but he hadn’t managed to sleep through the night ever since his uncle attacked his father and gotten himself exiled. He only wished he could hide this odd mood by the time his mate returned as he did not wish her to see him like this.

“Hey.” Hewne said softly as she climbed up to the hammock where she’d grown up. It was such a nostalgic feeling. She smiled as he watched her father. “I see you.”

He looked so tired. The young lioness slithered inside the comfortably confined space and nuzzled the blue lion on the cheek before settling down by his side. It was so strange not to see her father with a happy expression, giving her his carefree words the second he saw her. As most of her family, Hewne hadn’t really come to terms with what had happened but she was aware that her father might be taking the situation a bit harder than most. Betrayal and hate were concepts that had never existed in his mind until a few days ago, not truly.

Sata quickly tried to change his expression but he knew his daughter had already seen him. His reaction was delayed and when he did smile, it was somewhat apologetically.

“I see you, my beautiful daughter.” He replied in the same soft tone that she’d used, trying not to look half as miserable as he felt. For a while, he almost fooled himself. To have his daughter nuzzling up against him also felt amazingly nostalgic to him. Not that long agao, she’d been just a tiny ball of fur and Staa had spent many nights just watching her and her siblings sleep, marveling in their preciousness and scared to death that he might accidently squish one of them. No danger of that happening now, he thought to himself. “You used to be so tiny. I could hold your entire body close to my chest.”

Hewne’s smile widened and she pretended not to notice her father’s strained smile as she pushed her head against her father’s fluffy chest.

“My entire body would be difficult. You’ll have to settle with my head now.” She chuckled a little, trying to come up with something that might cheer up Sata. “I went to see my little uncles and aunts. They are so cute! But daddy, it’s weird! I mean, how can I have uncles and aunts that tiny? It makes no sense. One day, they’ll ask me who I am and I have to say ‘I’m your niece!’ and that’s just weird, don’t you think?” her tone was light and quick and she was dangerously close to babbling.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:54 pm
Sata laughed softly, imagining the potential scenario quite vividly in his mind. It was a bit too soon for him to easily talk about the cubs who might be losing their father or to hear the word “uncle” – he visibly flinched every time Hewne said it – but just hearing his daughter call him “daddy”with the same love and admiration she’d had as a cub almost healed him up completely. His beautiful, precious daughter. It was quite obvious that she was trying to cheer him and he had to admit that it was working a little.

Hewne felt encouraged by her father’s reaction so she continued, hoping to make him laugh again.

“Pikelis should by laying some eggs soon, right? Can you imagine that grumpy Sipho as a father? Do you think he’ll be all overprotective? Maybe he going to change completely and be like you, with a silly smile on his face all the time. You know their babies are going to be gorgeous, right?” this time she was definitely babbling. “Oh wow, by the Goddess. Can you imagine if one of the chicks turns out to be just as grumpy as Sipho? We shall call him Grumpy! No! Mr. Grumpy!”

Sata had to chuckle this time, the idea of a tiny little fluffy chick with Sipho’s personality was just a little too much for him to bear. He still had a smile firmly in place even though it was not a very sincere one. It was a little forced as if the Whisperer’s face still hadn’t been entirely prepared for it.

“If Sipho was here, he’d pluck you bald.” He said with conviction. “But I would like to see a Mr. Grumpy popping up in their chicks.” An hilarious prospect indeed. He winked at his daughter. “Maybe he’d get attached to you…”

“Oh my… that might not be that good now that I think about it.” Hewne said slowly, more interested in her father’s expression than the actual conversation. “I guess I would like to have a little companion. But I think a nicer one would be better. Maybe a clever one, like Pikelis. She’s fun.”

She hesitated but then moved a little away from her father and eyed him earnestly, her yellow eyes meeting his blue gaze without blinking.

“Daddy… you don’t have to smile if you don’t feel like it. It’s okay not to smile sometimes.”

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:06 pm
Sata was speechless after his daughter’s earnest request. His smile grew softer and he nuzzled Hewne on her cheek with the gentlest of motions.

“I’ve been blessed with the most amazing children.” He said quietly in such a loving way that he only had reserved for Clerm and their sons and daughters. “My sweet, sweet girl. I do wish I could hold you in my paws like before.”

Hewne smiled back and moved a bit forward, embracing her father strongly against her chest much like he used to do when she was younger and upset about a trivial matter.

“Maybe it’s your turn to be held, then.” She whispered to the fluffy mane that now filled her entire field of vision.

Surprised by her unexpected gesture, Sata lets go in her embrace and it was a good thing that she couldn’t see his face right now because the Whispered showed a truly sorrowful expression that he’d been hiding from everyone for the past few days. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, basking in the comfortable silence that followed and a few moments later, the tired lion was sleeping peacefully in Hewne’s gentle embrace.

- FIN -

[IC] Iknimaya Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff