Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:28 pm
User Image

A new pride. One without disease. One where he didn't know anyone, where he might find a new meaning to his life. Kasoro knew he wasn't the typical Firekin - he didn't relish fighting, he wasn't terribly stubborn - but their way of life, being strict and strong appealed to him. He figured he had nothing to lose after leaving his sister behind and coming to the desert, so why not give this a shot?

Bright blue eyes scanned the desert sand, trying to pick out movement among the mirages. It was hard to tell if someone was coming or not. He paced the sands for a moment before letting out a roar to let the guards or posts know that someone was there.

"I wish to challenge a lion born of fire," he called out after his powerful roar faded away. He swished his tail as he waited, hoping someone was in the area. If not, he supposed he'd just follow the swollen river to a different location.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:50 pm
User Image Agni was enjoying son sun, honestly, mostly because it wasn't the drought-bearing beast from his younger days when he heard it.

The young male moved slowly towards the call, brow raising as he approached another male. He was an outsider.

Curious.

"You... Seek a challenge, then." The male said softly. "A duel? I think I can give that." He raised brows. "If, of course, you feel ready."

He wondered though. Challenging a soldier was no light task at all.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:55 pm
Kasoro turned as he heard a voice and was honestly a bit surprised by the size of the lion that greeted him. He was used to the diseased, stunted lions in his old pride who were small and frail from illness. This lion was large, muscular, and obviously well-trained. Kasoro himself was about the same size in height if not in muscle, thanks to his goddess mother, so it was quite odd to see another lion so large.

"As ready as I shall be, I think," the pale lion said with a little nod. He narrowed his eyes and crouched just a bit, as if going to pounce, but he never did. He'd let this larger lion make the first move. Kasoro was a better thinker than a do-er, preferring to react to a situation tossed at him than create one. He did give a low growl, though, to hopefully entice the other lion to make the first move.

NovaCracker

Eos Galvus generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:58 pm
SilverLutz

It was a rough start but primising. Agni moved calmly, warming up. He was a good size-- as was Agni, but he suspected his grandfather was pulling duty with genetics. He raised a paw to strike, however his manuevering was off, sloppy.

Only a warm-up. Agni mentally assured himself. He missed now... But the duel was fresh.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:04 pm
Kasoro watched the large black lion start to move, and he lowered himself just a bit. A huge paw swung at him, but he dodged easily. Perhaps he was just testing the waters to see what he could do. That was fair enough...this wasn't a battle to end all battles, after all. Just enough to prove that he could live among their ranks.

As Agni shifted to get his balance back, Kasoro finally pounced. Perhaps he waited too long, though, because his own attack missed horribly. He landed on his feet and turned quickly to intercept any attack that might come after. For such a simple idea - find a Firekin, fight them, win - it was proving to be a rather difficult task.

NovaCracker

Eos Galvus generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:39 pm
Agni ducked, muscles tensing and flexing. He moved deftly to avoid, watching the other carefully. Yes, now was an opening, and he took it, paw lashing out to strike.

Hmm. This young male was fast himself. Agni grinned.

This was a fun duel to be sure. He would want to spar again!

SilverLutz

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:43 pm
Kasoro saw the paw coming just in time and ducked, but he did feel the wing off the swing of the large paw and the claws that grazed his shoulder. He hopped away, needing to get his bearings about him. He'd never really fought a lion beyond playing with his friends, but that had slowly diminished as they contracted the disease that ailed his old pride. Not wanting to become contaminated, Kasoro had started to shun his friends. By the time he was an adult, his only real friend that remained was his sister, so there had been nothing left for him there. Yet another reason he had left that pride.

He lunged again after picking which side to attack, his paw making some contact with the other lion, but not enough to really get his blood boiling. It seemed like they were still just testing the waters, getting a feel for each other. Which was fine by him. He didn't want any lasting damage from this, after all.

NovaCracker

Eos Galvus generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:07 pm
Agni grunted, grinning when struck. This was good fun, even with how slowly they took things. While they were feeling one another out, he enjoyed even fighting. He nodded approvingly-- the male had a gift. Agni studied him, and lashed out rapidly, hard.

"You fight well!" He complimented.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:10 pm
Just when he felt like he had a feel for the fight, the other male lashed out and caught him completely off guard. Kasoro felt like he had been hit in the head with a rock, and the world spun for a moment before he shook it off. The compliment was a surprise, but he took it in stride.

"Not as well as you, it would seem," he said, trying once again to land a hit. It seemed the other making his hit first was all he needed, because this time Kasoro's equally large paw connected with his target. Finally! This way he didn't feel as though he was going to fall flat on his face in this fight. He could tell that it was drawing to a close, though. A few more exchanges and he was sure he'd have an answer.

NovaCracker

Eos Galvus generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:15 pm
The blow was hard and he felt it. Oh he felt it.

"Just practice. You obviously do."

He lashed out.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:24 pm
Kasoro felt a fire burn in his stomach as the large male reacted to his hit. Ha...so he could land a heavy blow! That made him feel better, like he'd actually fit in in this pride. The other lion didn't seem terribly shaken by it, but he didn't blame him. He was sure he fought like this all the time, with much tougher opponents. The next swipe he dodged again, feeling the heavy paw just catch his head. He used the downward momentum to coil for a pounce, and he launched himself at the other lion who was still on three paws.

He landed a heavy blow to his chest, hoping to knock him off his feet. At the very least he'd have the wind knocked out of him, but at the very most he'd end up on his back. This could possibly be his winning blow!

NovaCracker

Eos Galvus generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:35 pm
Anti growled, struck again, but he smiled, beginning to laugh.

"We have to do this again!"

He dashed, moving to end this.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:39 pm
Kasoro took the hit fairly well, turning this time so it landed on his neck rather than his face, his mane helping to soften the blow just a bit. He noticed that his claws were in this time, signalling the end of the fight. He stepped back, panting softly, bright blue eyes bright with hope. Had he done well enough to be accepted into the pride?

"Will we be able to as fellow Firekin, or will I have to meet you again as a rouge?" he asked, wanting to know. Had he impressed the male enough? He hoped so...it was the most he'd ever fought outside of his sibling.

NovaCracker
I think it's a tie, if I counted right. And ties go to the rouge I believe? >>

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:51 pm
((I believe so! Agni likes him at any rate.))

"I suspect you did very well holding your own-- against a soldier no less."

But all Firekin could fight.

"Although..." A smile now. "I do hope we may spar again as friends. It was enjoyable."

Agni smiled further, motioning.

"Shall we?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:01 pm
Kasoro felt a small smile cross his muzzle. Not only had he accomplished his goal, but he had possibly made a friend in the process. A friend that he wouldn't have to worry about catching a deadly disease from. This was the kind of pride he could get used to.

"It was rather fun," he agreed, stepping on the sand with much more confident footing. He belonged here now, he had earned it. He was a Firekin! It would take some getting used to and he was sure he had some training to undergo, but he knew it would be worth it in the long run. The family here was very tight, he had heard. That was something he could certainly live with.

He nodded in agreement, falling into step beside Agni as he let the other lion lead him further into the pride's lands.

[All right! I'll call this one wrapped! Thanks for the speedy RP X3]  
[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff