Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply The School of Dedicated Role Players
Where do you RP? - Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hoobaap

Fashionable Vegetarian

14,325 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:31 pm
I have only ever rped here on gaia, particularly in Barton Town. My friend DJ Victory Dance (who also joined the guild) and I are currently running the Where Do We Go From Here? reaper/ghost rp. We've also done slice of life (school), pirate, victorian era, angel, and vampire rps just to name a few.

I'm not much of a fan of rping over im services, because I like doing more than a paragraph at a time. I feel like if I rp via pms, I would want to save them if it's really good, and then I'd end up clogging up my inbox. xp

I prefer doing group rps to one on ones, because I seem to not have the best luck with continuing a one on one for more than a week or two. xp The other person or I just don't post again. I feel like there's more pressure to post in a group setting, which makes for good motivation.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:17 pm
It's pretty cool to hear everyone's thoughts and experiences on this. Please keep them coming!  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:54 pm
Where do you RP? Whether it's in guilds like SDRP, Gaia's Barton Town, even if it's just PMs, through profile comments (how does anyone manage this??), or anything else, come share your experiences!

I used to RP in forms, but as more joined gaia demanding more details like how they want your character pic. I lost interest I've tried to start a few rp's but with no avail they don't even lift off the ground. Ones that I've thought to have a good story, but if I got really simple then I'd loose quality on who will join. I have reduced to looking for one on one. Looking for being challenged and pushed to do better. Not all the time does that work. I do prefer forms, but it is so I can be creative with how my post looks.

Are there reasons why you might prefer one over the other, if you do?

I prefer one on ones, because they seem less likely to die they also give the option depending on the partner for growth.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:08 am
Where do I RP? Well I've been to a few places here and there, guess that makes me a bit of a dabbler. *shrugs* I've been RPing on Gaia for a couple years now, some of my friends from another site went and set up shop here, so I mostly post in that guild. I was looking to try something different, outside of the usual people I RP with.

For me though, I find that a little intimidating to be perfectly honest. That's probably why I don't even bother RPing in the forums. RPing with the same group of people breeds intuition to their tendencies and makes for a more seemless story. Here, I'm always paranoid I'm gonna step on someone's toes because I don't know anyone here, either that or leave someone hanging because life outside the computer screen called me away for a while. Basic rule for dealing with a ghosting Dk: totally ok to skip, I'll do filler later if needed.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I ignore this place. I do read some things from time to time, it's just hard to follow sometimes. I see more of a variety of posting styles here and a lot of them are wonderfully structured and detailed posts.

Just be patient with me, I know I'll be getting my feet wet soon! ^_^'

My preferences for role plays usually bend towards groups of players. I enjoy the high fantasy genre but if the story is good enough, who cares about the genre, I mean really? lol Adapt and overcome!

Anywho, I'm just not used to RPing with just one person, totally not ruling it out though. I enjoy the variety of approaches to how people present their characters and how I can play off them. Writing skills can always be honed and it's high time I step out of my comfort zone and try something new.  

Dkside

Ruthless Hunter

9,900 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:43 pm
Up.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:52 pm
For the past seven years, I've mostly RP'ed in my private guild (one-on-ones). I kinda preferred it that way since we're a small guild. I learned that, by remaining in my own little bubble, I wasn't growing as a player; so I found SDRP while browsing the Barton OOC.  

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200
The School of Dedicated Role Players

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash