Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[PRP] Rest the weary paws (Don'Na and Dromio)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:40 pm
It had been far too long since she'd been back.

She was tired and her journeys hard and somewhere along the line her quest for adventure resulted in a daughter, with no idea who of three men the father was, and...

Well, it was a little awkward. But age brought temperance and raising her precious pme meant all the world to her. Now if only she knew her child could find her. Still...

The grass was cool and she crept near the border slowly, wondering how the nobles would see her... Or anyone, approaching as she did. Tired, and slowly.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:38 am
User Image

Dromio knew his war council would be cross with him if they saw him wandering towards the pride borders on his own. Being the heir to the pride, they didn't really like him heading out without any kind of protection. But he wasn't afraid of his pride or what sat beyond it- he didn't need others protecting him when he was perfectly capable of taking care of himself. Sighing heavily, he ran through what he would be saying to Fara to explain himself upon his return.

The old lion was going to be furious with him.

Blinking, he noticed he wasn't alone- there was a female nearby him, who was looking very tired. Frowning, he quickly moved over to her, bowing his head respectfully. "you look very tired, my dear," he told her with worry lacing his tone, "why don't you come and rest a bit? We have a watering hole not far from here. You look like you need a drink."  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:50 am
Tan ears rose when Don'na realized she wasn't alone, and she looked up, blinking to see a lion approaching. At his colour, she bowed his head respectfully, smiling.

"Oh, hello." She was trying not to seem surprised, and smiled. "I would appreciate that. I wouldn't be intruding, would I?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:46 am
"not at all!" Replied the prince with a warm smile, motioning for her to follow him, "this place is open for all who need rest." Without any kind of hesitation, he took her to a small pond within the borders of the pride, the water there clear and clean. He imagined it would be useful to her, since she seemed like she was a little under the weather.

He was concerned- he didn't like seeing such tired lions roaming around. "I'm a friend," he offered her lightly, "I live in the pride here. Do you live here, too? I'm sorry. I haven't been able to get out in a while to see all the pride members." Too busy learning all the things he would need to know to take over the pride.

And re-learn them when he didn't pay attention the first time.

NovaCracker

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:00 am
"..Thank you."

She smiled, following the younger male slowly, paws moving lightly as they reached the pond. Slowly, she stooped, drinking slowly from the water. She missed being young, wild, roaming. But this male reminded her of why she grew up, and she wondered if her daughter was okay.

"I think once... Before I tried to 'wild life'." Don'na chuckled softly. "I had a daughter. I haven't an idea where she is now. Hopefully happy."  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:33 am
"A daughter?" Hummed Dromio, "wow, it must be nice to have family like that. I don't have any children of my own yet, grown or young. I hope she's happy, too! What's her name? If I ever see her around here, I'll be sure to pass along the fact that you were looking for her." He paused at that, realizing that he was being impossibly rude. It wasn't his place to go butting into the personal life of someone he didn't even know!

Sometimes he forgot that being a king didn't mean he had to know every little thing about everyone around him.

"Err, I'm sorry. I hope I'm not being too pushy. I don't even know your name! I shouldn't be asking about your daughter!"
NovaCracker

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:55 am
Don'na smiled at his energy, smiling a bit in response.

"No, it's fine. My name is Don'na, my daughter is Sofii." She nodded with a gentle look.

"I don't mind questions at all. It's nice to see someone interested in the well being of others. What is your name?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:15 pm
"My name is Dromio," He replied lightly with a polite bow of his head, "It's very nice to meet you, Don'na." He wasn't lying about that- mostly because he rarely lied. Hid the truth, sure, but he rarely lied. Most of the time, it was just because he didn't feel there was much to lie about in his life. The only thing he had trouble telling others was the fact that he was the prince of the pride, and that was only because he didn't want his friends treating him all formally.

It was embarrassing and made him feel like things had changed in a way he didn't really like.

"I'll be sure to keep a look out for your daughter," he said lightly, "is there anything else I can get you? If you're hungry, I could get you some food. Some of the pride members have just returned from a hunting trip, and there's lots of food to go around."

NovaCracker

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:05 pm
Cajanic

"I appreciate this." Don'Na smiled slightly, nodding bad.

"Food...? I wouldn't want to be a burden." She blinked, surprised. "I mean, a lot of people regard women my age as a bother."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:13 pm
"No bother at all, my dear," the male replied with a bright smile, "now you rest and I'll be right back- I fully intend to make sure you're nice and healthy again in no time." He chuckled lightly.

For him, helping another was not something he would ever consider a burden, even if they hadn't had food to spare. Wasn't that what it meant to be in a pride? You helped one another, and you didn't feel like it was out of obligation or that you couldn't do it if times were tough. That was what he had always been raised to believe. It didn't matter to him if you were actually a member of the pride or not, either.

Anyone could be helped.

So he left to go find her something to eat, making sure he found something suitably sized to fill her stomach.

NovaCracker
Fin?

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items