Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:21 pm
SIGN ME UP!

Your Name: Hoshi Lockhart

Kaskazi Clan is missing some celebrations. Please choose a slot and tell me what celebration you'd put there and describe the activities:

For August, Discovery Day. It's not celebrated in the United States(though Canada has it), but the Bahamas Discovery Day coincides with Columbus Day since Columbus intended to land in the Bahamas.

For the Sikukuu, I see this celebrating any and all discoveries. Summer is the time to be outside and active. New finds are more likely to be found in the warmer days. This would be a perfect holiday for the younger generation, promoting education, activity, and curiosity.

For an activity, lots of scavenger hunts. I had a few come to mind and I don't want to pick between them.
  • Arts and Crafts The found treasures are made into items. This could be a contest of creativity, giving each participant a variety of items to make into something.
  • The Scavenger Hunts The host hides items. Various types of scavenger hunts could be done. (1) A list of items to collect. (2) The participants are blind-folded and expected to use their nose to be the first to find something hidden around them. They would have a second player to keep them from walking into something. (3) Items could be buried. (4) One of the smarter members could create a little museum somewhere. Each hour they'll ask for something to be brought to them and give out a prize to the first one to present it. In between these games the hosting member could give tours of what each item displayed is.
  • Hide and Seek Again, various types can be done. Like Spotlight, finding others in the dark. Or the well-known version of everyone but one hiding.
  • Predator and Prey Tag Draped in the furs of a recent kill, an adult hides in the grass and prompts the youngsters to find and chase them.

Brief explanation of why you chose your proposed celebration and its details:

I wanted to see if I could find something for a month and make it a challenge for myself. July and August only had Discovery Day with any mention of the US. Other than Independance Day, but that was too obvious for me. I like Discovery Day because I find it goes well alongside the longer days and how summer is the season for lots of fun outdoors. Everyone wants to be outside, enjoying the sunshine. There's more chances for exploring and finding new things.
Discovery Day also celebrates many different things. Newfoundland's Discovery Day commemorates John Cabot's discovery in 1497. In Brazil, Discovery Day is observed on April 22 each year. This date commemorates the day when Pedro Álvares Cabral became the first European to land in Brazil in 1500. And in the Yukon, it is about the discovery of gold in 1896.

Game/Contest Idea for your proposed Celebration:

A treasure hunt with the random number generator. A person rolls a number three times a day for the duration of the event. There will be a list of the numbers and beside each number there will be a task. Such as "Find a purple butterfly" or "Give me something that falls from an animal." The person would then go out and hunt down a picture that fits this description and edit it into the post. This would earn them one point for completing the task. Some numbers will not give any points at all. They will follow the theme that the player lost their item or got into some sort of trouble. Something like "You got your item, but while holding it above your head, a passing bird stole it." The person with the most points at the end would win.

The range of the numbers would be an even multiple of ten, with half having tasks and half not.

Do you have any Sikukuu members (or soon-to-be members)?: 1
Favorite SoA species: Leopard
Favorite SoA character you own and why: It's a toss between Hersilia and Eli. It used to be Eli for her fun-loving and brash personality, but with a pride proposal at Hersilia I noticed she has a tougher lioness hidden deep down below her more prissy exterior. She has the potential to be a funner character for me to play than Eli is if given the opportunity to grow. With her saucy, sarcastic manner-along with her dislike of dirt-, it will be fun for me to see her adapt and evolve to a more brutal pride that puts more self-worth on strength of body. She'll have to learn to cast her vanity aside. I see much hilarity ensuing.

Have you created or co-owned a pride before? If so, which one(s)?: No.
Why do you like Sikukuu?: I find it's easy-going nature well suited for everyone, especially those like me who are still a little nervous in SoA. The freedom allows me to relax and get used to it with less fear about doing something wrong in a more strict pride.
I also love how the clans are based on seasons and how the holiday's are nicely organized between them.
Can you make banners?: Not fancy ones. So I'll say no. I still stick to Paint.
If you have made banners before, please link an example: N/A

Links to five RPs begun since the beginning of the year:

[1]
[2]
[3]

I've just recently returned to SoA, so that's all I have this year.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:09 am
I'd like to announce my choice for Sikukuu's new co-owner. Congratulations, Annchen! I enjoyed how well thought out your ideas were, and I look forward to working with you!

Annchen
SIGN ME UP!

Your Name: Annchen

Kaskazi Clan is missing some celebrations. Please choose a slot and tell me what celebration you'd put there and describe the activities: Major celebration: Midsummer festival

Additonally, I'd also like to recognize the excellent ideas of Hoshi. It was a very close thing, and as such, I'd like to ask you if you'd be interested in working with Ann and I, unofficially, in running events? I intend on using your celebration idea in the pride as you suggested, and would love to see some of those games come alive! Please choose female lion, male lion, or female cheetah, as I'd like to reward your excellent entry.

Hoshi Lockhart

Finally, I would like to offer something new to Renn. We will soon be employing a reward system for active individuals in the pride, and you will be the first recipient! I don't have a graphic for it just yet, but it will be called an OOCarrot. These will be tokens that can be later exchanged for things like extra raffle tickets, replacing a rp for a rp-required rank, or other things Ann and I can dream up to use them for. While I don't have the graphic for you, I will be setting up a list soon for it!

Rennekae

Thank you to all three of you for your entries! I want moar rp with you all (even if I am super slow), and I look forward to seeing y'all in the up-coming pridal mini-meta!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:53 am
Talencia

I'd be honored to help. <3 And I pop on Gaia at least once a day, so you can always catch me if you need me. I'm glad you liked my ideas. That makes it worth it. Discovery Day had such a treasure trove of games, no pun intended.

Also, thank you. I'd love a male lion. <3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 am
Hoshi Lockhart
I'd be honored to help. <3 And I pop on Gaia at least once a day, so you can always catch me if you need me. I'm glad you liked my ideas. That makes it worth it. Discovery Day had such a treasure trove of games, no pun intended.

Also, thank you. I'd love a male lion. <3

Awesome! Here is your new boy! He's meant to stay in Sikukuu, of course, but that is his only limitation! He can be a new joining rogue or a born-in member, with any open rank. Either way, don't forget to do his JRP, and he was colored by Saffy!

Your celebration is also already a part of the official pride calendar!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:30 am
Oh, I'm perfectly fine with him in Sikukuu. <3 Thank you, again. I love his wavy stripes~  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:16 pm
Grats, Ann.

And thank you.

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:15 am