Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 10. Personal Ads Section
19/Female/Canada/Looking for friends and more!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cereologist

Bashful Vampire

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:15 pm
User Image
Howdy! I'm Sydney!
I think my picture is super huge... Oh well.
So to reiterate what my picture says, I'm 19 and from AB, Canada.
I'm a zombie fan and indulge in anything related.
I'm a certified makeup artist and am looking into going back into schooling in Toronto in a few years.
I am a hopeless romantic but when it comes to actually /being/ romantic... I get a little/a lot nervous (I am a kissing virgin...)
I've identified in many ways over the year (bi, pan, gay, queer, lesbian) but since orientation is rather fluid, I've come to think lesbian suits me best. I could probably be in an emotional/romantic relationship with a guy but anything intimate would have me running for the hills.

Things I adore: Emilie Autumn, Bioshock, dolls, Death Note, cosplay, roleplay ing, sheep, sleeping, cuddles, paintings of pretty girls, macabre art, singing, Broadway, Doctor Who (9,10,11 only. I'm like... 1/4 Whovian lol), No. 6, paranormal happenings

Favourites: color = black, book = The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, artist = Emilie Autumn, hobby = SFX makeup

Bucket List: tour Europe, see Cirque Dis Soliel live, see Emilie Autumn live, find true love

Current occupation: Retail slaaave

I'm hoping to find friends, maybe some rp buddies to chat with, and possibly a girlfriend. It's crazy how some people meet their soulmates online.

Chat me up here or PM me!! I'm really friendly! C:  
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:39 am
Hey, Sydney, nice to meet you! Hello from Florida mrgreen

I just got done reading World War Z last month (I know, I'm a late adapter)...what did you think of it?  

BlueberryJoy

High-functioning Cutesmasher

12,475 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pet Lover 100

cereologist

Bashful Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:50 pm
BlueberryJoy
Hey, Sydney, nice to meet you! Hello from Florida mrgreen

I just got done reading World War Z last month (I know, I'm a late adapter)...what did you think of it?
Nice to meet you as well! Ohmyglob it must be gorgeous in Florida right now!

Ahh! I'm so behind on books I haven't had a chance to read it yet ):
Is it good? I've been meaning to get to it, but I've got so many books in le works.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:08 am
I think you'd LOVE World War Z. Definitely try & give it a read before the movie comes out, because the movie is going to be a total wild card -- it could be great, or it could bomb. But the book goes beyond fantastic. What makes it great are multiple narratives (different characters actually narrating the story, in their own words).

It's a FANTASTIC read. I think it's my favorite book about zombies. Might just rank up their with one of the best American books of all time. I think it also serves as a parable of the anxieties of modern life, but that's just the book nerd in me talking. mrgreen

Today, we're expecting a high of 93F/34C...soooo...Florida is more of a slow cooker machine than a beautiful place, IMO. xp But the sun is out! So I guess that counts for something.  

BlueberryJoy

High-functioning Cutesmasher

12,475 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pet Lover 100

[Seraphic_Radiance]

Newbie Vet

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:58 am
You don't like being scared but you like zombies, bioshock, and your avatar is a killer clown? hehe 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:59 pm
HI! I haven't read The Book Thief yet but it's on my next to read after I finish The Hunger Games series as well as His Dark Materials series, which I'm really close to being finished with. What's it like? What's the story about? I haven't even gotten to reading the back of it, but I have been hearing that it's so good!  

craigsllst

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

cereologist

Bashful Vampire

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:37 pm
[Seraphic_Radiance]
You don't like being scared but you like zombies, bioshock, and your avatar is a killer clown? hehe 3nodding
i am a walking contradiction haha~ it's crazy, I know xP  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:41 pm
BlueberryJoy
I think you'd LOVE World War Z. Definitely try & give it a read before the movie comes out, because the movie is going to be a total wild card -- it could be great, or it could bomb. But the book goes beyond fantastic. What makes it great are multiple narratives (different characters actually narrating the story, in their own words).

It's a FANTASTIC read. I think it's my favorite book about zombies. Might just rank up their with one of the best American books of all time. I think it also serves as a parable of the anxieties of modern life, but that's just the book nerd in me talking. mrgreen

Today, we're expecting a high of 93F/34C...soooo...Florida is more of a slow cooker machine than a beautiful place, IMO. xp But the sun is out! So I guess that counts for something.
O: I'll totally have to get it then! Movies never quite live up to the books anyways, so I'd best get a move on haha~ Oh that actually sounds wicked! I know what I'm going to buy on payday!
It sounds like it! I'm actually so stoked to read it now, just because of how excited you seem by it! Good zombie reads can be so hard to come by.

Oh my glob D: I can't imagine having those temperatures right now
So hot! But I guess that's always better than here xD I'm surprised it hasn't snowed again.
I think today it was 12C... Maybe. There was a windchill too.  

cereologist

Bashful Vampire

[Seraphic_Radiance]

Newbie Vet

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:44 pm
Insanity And Flowers
[Seraphic_Radiance]

I love horror movies but I hate haunted houses and stuff like that. I guess I only like being scared if I can control the situation.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:46 pm
Mistress Zipper
HI! I haven't read The Book Thief yet but it's on my next to read after I finish The Hunger Games series as well as His Dark Materials series, which I'm really close to being finished with. What's it like? What's the story about? I haven't even gotten to reading the back of it, but I have been hearing that it's so good!
oh glob, I could probably go on forever about this book.
it's a story of a young girl growing up in Nazi Germany and learning just how awful a world it could be, finding love in an unexpected place, meeting and learning from a Jewish man on the run, stealing books from the rich, and being a little s**t to her adoptive parents.
and it's all narrated by Death. I think you'll love it! It's an amazing read!  

cereologist

Bashful Vampire

cereologist

Bashful Vampire

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:49 pm
[Seraphic_Radiance]
Insanity And Flowers
[Seraphic_Radiance]

I love horror movies but I hate haunted houses and stuff like that. I guess I only like being scared if I can control the situation.
the only horror movies I've been able to watch are Silent Hill and Poltergiest. I'd seen many scenes from SH on YouTube and Poltergiest had such bad special fx that I was fine haha
Getting scared puts me on edge for hours.. I could never do haunted houses! I'd probably faint or something... I'd be like those fainting goats, lol!  
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:21 am
Insanity And Flowers
oh glob, I could probably go on forever about this book.
it's a story of a young girl growing up in Nazi Germany and learning just how awful a world it could be, finding love in an unexpected place, meeting and learning from a Jewish man on the run, stealing books from the rich, and being a little s**t to her adoptive parents.
and it's all narrated by Death. I think you'll love it! It's an amazing read!

That sounds sweet! I'll be sure to read it, then. I did read World War Z a while back, that was a good book.  

craigsllst

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:42 am
Hey, name's Faux, I live in Canada smile SK
I love zombies as well, absolute horror movie lover though (like other genres as well), love video games and listening to music.

What's your favourite zombie film?
I have to admit I like the classic Night of the Living Dead and the remake (also 1990 remake as well)  
10. Personal Ads Section

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games