Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:40 pm
User Image

Ua had sneaked away from the den to find a way to spend his day however he wanted. He wasn't sure what he really wanted, of course, and somehow ended up sneaking closer and closer to where the warriors trained. He was privately jealous that Maji was getting so much attention from their grandmother, stubbornly believing himself to be at least as healthy as his brother. Sometimes he felt achy and had odd bouts of clumsiness he couldn't explain but he wasn't like Kua.

Now that he was here, he couldn't find any sign of anybody he recognized and he was losing interest quickly.

"Hmmmm."

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:52 pm
User Image

The reason why Maji was so difficult to spot at the moment, despite his blue fur, was because he was lying flat on the ground, totally exhausted after a session with Mittere. Even though the blue lion knew that his teacher had the disease, he was absolutely convinced that she would be beating his tail into the ground from now until he was as old as...as Modya!

He stirred at the sound of a familiar voice, however, and raised his head to see an awfully familiar set of feet not too far away.

"Ho, Ua," he called out tiredly. "What're you looking for?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:57 pm
Ua stumbled when someone called out to him, looking around frantically and finally spotting Maji laying on the ground. That definitely explained why hadn't spotted him sooner.

"Maji!" he cried, walking over to his brother, "Tired out?"

It only just occurred to him that he had forgotten he was sneaking around. He wasn't much of a sneaker, it turned out.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:03 pm
The blue lion groaned theatrically at his older brother, and sank his head back down onto the hard-packed earth below in a display of exhaustion that should have softened the hardest of hearts...so long as they weren't related to him and fully aware of his tendency to dramatize most things.

"You could say that," he answered Ua at last. "You could also say that I'm insane for allowing Grandmother to do this to me."

He cocked his head to the side on the ground, mentally reviewing what he'd just said. Honesty forced him to make an addendum. "But I don't know that I could ever stop Grandmother from doing anything, to me or anyone else." There was no little pride in his voice as he stated that fact. It was pretty cool to have Mittere for a grandparent...at least, it was when her full attention wasn't focused on you.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:10 pm
Ua almost felt better seeing his brother so tired out by training, even if this suffering was productive and still rooted in what he perceived as favoritism. He decided not to argue that Maji was insane to allow this to happen, when you really got down to it, it was insane.

"By the time you're ready to actually be an apprentice, you're going to be way ahead," he said with a snicker, "Is Gram around now?"

He glanced around, wondering what would happen if she spotted him here.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:14 pm
Maji snorted in response. "I'm not going to be a Warrior. She said I didn't have to be," the juvenile replied, resisting the urge to stick his tongue out at his brother. That wouldn't be polite at alll, and really, Ua didn't deserve it. Yet.

"She said something about the border," he added, answering the question. He didn't really remember what, especially as Mittere had made it clear when they were still cubs that none of the brothers were to be anywhere near the borders on pain of unspecified punishment.

"Why?" Not that Maji really cared why Ua was looking for Grandmother, but it was a question that you were supposed to ask...right?  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:19 pm
Ua looked skeptical when Maji insisted he wouldn't be a warrior. It seemed silly to train like this with no intention of using it, even to someone as young as Ua- and it seemed even sillier to waste your time training someone who had no intention of using it. Grandmother was not silly.

But maybe it wouldn't work out that way.

"Just wondering," he said, looking back at Maji, "I'm supposed to be closer to home right now, I think. But this is more interesting than hanging out there."

Besides, the worse Kua got, the more uneasy Ua was staying at home.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:23 pm
"Oh." That was a perfectly reasonable explanation. Maji personally agreed with that sentiment and avoided the den as much as possible. Being old enough to be out on his own for much of the day helped a lot in that respect. He didn't have to worry about Kua, didn't have to seethe at Kestven...didn't have to do a lot of things he otherwise would be.

"Uh...the ground's nice to lay on?" Maji offered, unsure of what else to say at the moment. What could he say? He totally understood where his brother was coming from. After all, wasn't he there too?  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:52 pm
Ua hesitated to consider the invitation but then nodded and flopped onto the ground beside his brother- then he rolled over onto his back, ending up leaning against Maji that way.

"Did you do anything cool today?" he asked, squinting at the upside-down goings-on around them curiously, "What exactly happens around here?"

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:59 pm
"I don't think you'd call it "cool"," Maji informed his brother after a moment's reflection. "I was practicing how to block. Which means, since I'm not very good, that I have a lot of bruises in places I never knew you could bruise." His mouth twisted in disgust, but even so, the blue lion had to admit that there was something satisfying when he finally performed the block correctly after countless failures.

However, there were still all those failures and they did, in fact, hurt. A lot.

"This is where people learn how to attack and defend. So that they can protect themselves and the pride from people who would mean us harm."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:18 pm
Making a face when his brother described how he had spent his day, Ua rolled himself back over so he could look at Maji the right way up. That would be annoying. Maybe he wasn't so jealous of this kind of attention.. maybe.

"Do you think you'll get any good at it?" he asked, decidedly ignoring any questions that came to mind about who would mean to harm the pride.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:48 am
Maji gave a harsh bark of laughter at the idea that he'd ever be particularly good at this stuff. It wasn't that he doubted it, but he already knew that he'd never be anything compared to Mittere. He wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

"By dint of repetition," the blue lion replied, grinning. "Grandmother may pound me flat daily, but eventually it'll all stick somewhere, I'm sure." And he was. Mostly because said grandmother did not condone failure on an extreme level. She permitted some failure because that was part of learning. However, she didn't like it in high doses.

In other words, she gave Maji some leeway for being new to this, but not much.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:00 pm
The laugh was strange, Ua didn't know how to respond to it so he only narrowed his eyes and tilted his head thoughtfully, hoping it wasn't the wrong reaction to have. He hummed and made a face when Maji declared repetition was his only hope for really getting anywhere in this. At least Maji seemed more cheerful (if weirdly so) about it now.

"Well, in the mean time, I bet uncle Amani would be able to find some way to make you feel better," he suggested, assuming if he bruised as he said Maji was also in pain, "Unless being sick is the only good reason to get help from a healer, I guess."

He really didn't know.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:06 pm
The blue lion's face lit up at Ua's suggestion. He certainly did hurt, and Uncle Amani was the most likely person in the whole pride to be sympathetic to his pains. That's why Ua was awesome - he thought of stuff like that.

"You're right! And I'm sure Healers would rather us go to them before we got super sick," he continued, justifying his desire to be relieved of pain. It all made perfect sense - tend the bruises and sprains now, and things wouldn't get super bad in the future!

"Come on, let's go!" Maji cried, bounding around Ua's more stationary form with energy that he hadn't realized he still possessed even after Mittere's brutal training session.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:56 pm
Ua blinked, surprised by the enthusiastic response his suggestion had gotten. He liked spying on the healers, too, and asking uncle Amani as many questions as he would answer.. he liked it more than he would have liked spying on the guards and warriors if Maji wasn't being volunteered for training by their grandmother.

"OK, OK!" he said, pushing himself up to his feet and shaking out his fur before giving his bouncing brother a swat to get him moving along, "Go, then!"

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games