Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Finley O'Byrne, Mist Hunter - accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.DEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM

The Hunter
Name: Finley O'Byrne
Nicknames:

Category: Mist

The Weapon
Name: Zayde
Nicknames:
Type of Weapon: Wind and fire wheels
Former species of weapon: Demon - Avarice Demon (Greed)

Personalities:

Finley has always been a bit of an oddball bumbling through life, often prone to daydreaming and moments of inattention; even while interacting with others. It's not that she can't pay attention, it's just that while she has no trouble rambling on about whatever comes to mind at any given moment, Finley's attention often starts to wander if anyone else monopolizes the conversation. Despite that, she quite likes socializing and genuinely enjoys spending time with others. She's also a bit gullible and very easy to manipulate when it comes to personal interactions, often ending up bowing to those with a stronger will than her own.

She generally doesn't do very well with confrontations, arguments or criticism and often ends up retreating into herself - in social situations, at least. She makes a large effort to negate her avoidance instincts in professional situations, though, and wants very much to improve her skills; which means learning to accept and utilize criticism. Sigh. Thankfully her tendency to avoid confrontation doesn't extend to the physical side of the job; Finley is quickly beginning to love fighting. A lot, OK. Having access to this much power after a life of being underestimated is a bit of a sudden power-trip and she's rapidly developing a morbid fascination with it, egged on by Zayde.

Despite having a bit of a pessimistic world-view, brought on by losing her closest family members, Finley loves fighting for a greater cause. And being more of a follower than a leader, she's very good at taking orders - in fact, the more specific her instructions are, the better she'll likely do at carrying them out.

Zayde is a material ghoul in a material world - to her, everything has a price and nothing comes for free. No-one can be trusted and keeping your valuables close is a must (and failing that, find a really good hiding place for them because everyone's after your valuables). Zayde has trust issues, but she's quite sociable despite this and far exceeds Finley in terms of experience in social situations. She loves fun and vibrant people and rule-breaking, jewels and precious metals and valuable things. And she likes how gullible her Hunter is.

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
Coming from a small family consisting only of herself, her single mum, a deadbeat drunk of an uncle and two elderly grandparents, Finley was always very attached to her family. Well. Minus the drunk uncle. Family was, to her, everything - she adored her grandparents, idolized her mum. It didn't help that she'd always been a bit different from other children, forever getting lost in elaborate daydreams and telling everyone about the scary creatures she saw, long after the age where imaginary friends was socially acceptable had passed - and the monsters she described were downright freaky, in some cases. In the eyes of the small community she lived in, Finley O'Byrne was weird, and as a result she never really had too many friends her own age. Or friends at all, really.
So when her grandpa passed away during childhood, she was devastated - but not as devastated as she was years later, when her mum passed away. Shortly afterwards, her granny's health started declining, and half a year after her mum had died, Finley was left with only an uninterested uncle for family. Her grades had never been stellar and her opportunities were looking dim, so when she was approached by the Deus Ex Machina recruiter, she jumped for the chance of a new life - and maybe even a new substitute family.

Weapon Ability
The wheels turn bright gold and flash, possibly blinding the opponent momentarily and thus allowing for a follow-up attack.
(Double Take T2)

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Pale grey-green
Hair Colour/Style: Brown with slightly lighter tips, wavy / a bit curly and long - always wears flowers in her hair somewhere (mostly fake ngl). Feel free to improvise with how it's set or leave it free, whichever you think looks best. : D See ref by LividPeas for the exact haircolour (since I'm rubbish at describing it).
Skin Colour: Pale-ish, please see Peas ref.
Clothing Style/Colours: Floaty, soft, feminine - yep, it's the ref again.
Extra: Bodyshape is willowy, facial features something along the lines of this lady (feel free to improvise, the pic is just to give an idea!).
For Zayde's weapon form, I'll leave the design of the wheels up to you - I'd like it if they could be slightly fancy (in my head canon it fits with her being an avarice demon haha), but definitely still with room to grow more so in later stages.
References: design made by LividPeas (and larger version) <- disregard the gauntlets, as the Zayde's weapon form has been changed since then. : D  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:02 am
Updated with gorgeous reference art by Peas! <3333 Pondering changing Zayde to a dryad/druid/nature spirit-y idk to tie in with Finley's raising plants hobby.  

Ephebe

Sable Eye Cerena

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:59 am
My thoughts!

OMG SHE'S SUCH A CUTIE IGRLNSKGFNDLKGFDNIRE

ok moving on

I think it's really interesting that you gave a close-range weapon to someone who seems to be rather flighty and easily distracted. I'd love to see more about her love for fighting -- where does that stem from? Is she going into Hunterdom already liking to knock heads together, or is that something she'll slowly have to discover?

I'm a little confused by your "she mentally wanders away during one-sided conversations", especially since you say she rambles in conversation. It sounds like the one-sided thing would actually be in her favor, if that were the case.

You say she likes socializing -- is she good at it? She seems like a really nice but perhaps a bit awkward. Is she good at picking up on social cues and body language?

Also, where does her pessimism come from?

I like the "she's looking for a new family to replace her old one" aspect to her history. I guess Hunters wouldn't find her as weird as she was in normal society.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:18 pm
Sable Eyed Cerena
My thoughts!

OMG SHE'S SUCH A CUTIE IGRLNSKGFNDLKGFDNIRE

ok moving on

I think it's really interesting that you gave a close-range weapon to someone who seems to be rather flighty and easily distracted. I'd love to see more about her love for fighting -- where does that stem from? Is she going into Hunterdom already liking to knock heads together, or is that something she'll slowly have to discover?

I'm a little confused by your "she mentally wanders away during one-sided conversations", especially since you say she rambles in conversation. It sounds like the one-sided thing would actually be in her favor, if that were the case.

You say she likes socializing -- is she good at it? She seems like a really nice but perhaps a bit awkward. Is she good at picking up on social cues and body language?

Also, where does her pessimism come from?

I like the "she's looking for a new family to replace her old one" aspect to her history. I guess Hunters wouldn't find her as weird as she was in normal society.

Thank you so much for the crit! It really made me consider in a different way. : D <33333333333333333333 I made some revisions to her profile concerning her love of fighting, wandering attention during conversations and the origin of her pessimism. I hope it works better now? <33

As for socializing, hmm. She's not the worst but I imagine she's not the best either, at grasping social cues and body language and all that. It would depend on the specific situation and the amount of cues, but there are definitely times where she'd be happily oblivious of such things.  

Ephebe

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:54 pm
|
|)
|o)
|uo)
| uo)
|o uo)
|(o uo)
(o uo)<(hello friend)

The only issue I see is the FEAR attack since it makes another character's mental state change with treads into GM territory. D: It might be better to do like- the weapon turns gold and flashes, or momentarily, it can numb someone, (the idea that being greedy numbs people to feelings/empathy)

That the only thing I see that would bar enroll! 8D G2GO GURL
Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:15 pm
h-hello! (◕ฺ ▿ฺ ◕ฺ)

Alright, took your suggestion and changed it, hope this is better? : D And thank you for your help!!

YESSIR //eagle-tear salute

iStoleYurVamps

Ephebe

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:59 pm
Ephebe
h-hello! (◕ฺ ▿ฺ ◕ฺ)

Alright, took your suggestion and changed it, hope this is better? : D And thank you for your help!!

YESSIR //eagle-tear salute

iStoleYurVamps

U GOLDEN ;D

;D

;DDDDDDDD
/joke  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:40 pm
Mist Mama Stormy swoops in and say hihihi come 2 me disregard being 2ish years younger ok

HI EPH It'S BEEN TOO LONG! Finley looks great~

Ephebe

medigel

Anxious Spirit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:50 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games