Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:29 am
User Image

It had been a long day full of herb searching and picking, but now he was free to do as he wished. He'd just dropped Mlinzi back off at the borders ... it was where he liked to spend his time these days. If someone required his aid, Mez would simply go out and retrieve him. As fast as he could - those had been Mlinzi's orders, and as both a faithful friend and assistant, he would hold up his end of the bargain. But after a quick check with the ill of the pride, it seemed they all wanted Mlinzi to enjoy his break. He'd been working overtime lately and apparently the pride had taken notice.

Walking alone, he realized it had been quite some time since he'd interacted with any of his fellow pride members. Looking up at the sky, he noted that dark would soon be upon him. Probably not the most ideal time to go out in search of new friends and acquaintances, but then, this was the Kitwana'Antara. They were a strange bunch, perhaps there would be someone he could spend some time with.

Someone who would be just as happy to meet him, as he would be to meet them.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:35 am
Depawsit

Midori never knew if it was day or night unless the sun was high and warm, and the blind female often spent her time outside simply enjoying the cool air around herself. It was not uncommon to see her quite still, staring into nothing, but then she never knew if a vision would strike, or end, and when they faded, like her vision days after her eyes opened to cataracts within, and she couldn't see anymore.

She didn't miss it though. Her nose twitched and the young female was thoughtful, relaxed. It was a fine night.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:41 am
A frown appeared on Mez's typically happy face as he pushed past yet another empty clearing. His decision to meet new people was proving to be more difficult than he had hoped. He was just about prepared to give up, to leave and call it an early night. But then, something caught his eye. A stunning blue lioness, all alone in the middle of nowhere. He paused in his tracks, debating whether or not to approach her. From a distance, she didn't seem all that busy. In fact, she seemed a little ... bored. Well, maybe he could relieve some of her boredom?

His smile returned once again, as he dedicated himself to the idea of approaching her. He took a gulp of fresh air, and mentally prepared himself for the idea of rejection. He didn't get a whole lot of social interaction in. Being an assistant a blind lion, well, it took up a whole bunch of his free time. But he was free for the evening, and he was going to take advantage of it!

Mezlijin took it slow, careful not to startle her, or at least he tried not to startle her as he approached. The sound of twigs breaking could be heard as he purposely made noises to alert her to his presence. He wanted her to be well aware of him before he arrived, that way if she proved to hostile, he had plenty of room to run.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:03 pm
Depawsit

Midori blinked when twigs snapped, the vision beginning to form melting into darkness and she frowned to herself momentarily. Was it prey? She sniffed, and smiled. No, it was another, and she rose, turning towards the scent slowly, sniffing the air delicately.

"Hello?" She asked, softly. "Is someone there?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:10 pm
Mezlijin froze when he noticed the lioness turning towards him. Relief washed over him as she recognized the noises, though her voice still seemed a little stressed. He took notice of her movements, and they seemed all too familiar. Squinting his eyes, he focused in on her eyes, and his own widened in surprise.

She was blind.

Clearing his throat he called out to her, still being a good distance apart. "Um Hi!?" He called, unsure of what exactly to say. "Sorry to be a bother, I saw you alone and I thought I would offer my company for a while. My name is Mezlijin, my father is Sliabh." He wasn't entirely sure if she would know him based on that information, but he hoped it would give her some sort of idea.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:31 am
Depawsit

Ears perked and Midori moved toward the voice cheerfully.

"I'd like that! Ah... My name's Midori. My mommy is named Kipofu." She withheld her father's name, but she knew he probablty was due to be by soon with that goddess companion. They were nice!

"It's nice to meet you!"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:21 am
As Midori stepped closer Mezlijin's fears sort of washed away. He felt comfortable around her, in a way he wasn't with other lionesses. Perhaps it was her blindness that made him feel at ease? Having grown up with someone so close to him being blind, it must be taking a toll on him.

"Oh? I'm sorry I don't think i've ever met her." Mez frowned, but only for a moment before perking back up. So she must not know her Father .., much like he didn't know his Mother. Already they had much in common.

"No, no, the pleasures all mine, Midori!" Mezlijin attempted to copy his role model and offer a curt bow, but he quickly knocked it off, realizing she wouldn't be able to see it.

"So what are you doing out here all alone? I-If you don't mind my asking."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:55 am
"Possibly not. She's blind as well." Midori smiled. "Father helps when he can when around."

She settled nearly, bowing her head awkwardly a moment in politeness.

"It's nice to meet you. I was simply enjoying the time of day, relaxing."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:01 pm
Oh?

So she did have a Father! He thought about asking why he wasn't around, but luckily caught himself before he did. That was probably a very inappropriate question to ask her.

"It seems blindness is a common thing within the pride. I have a very close friend who suffers from it as well." Nodding his head he caught wind of her answer.

"Oh really? I was sort of doing the same, well the relaxing part. I was also hoping to find some company ... I don't get much time to myself, so its nice to be able to slip away sometimes." Mezlijin paused a moment and allowed himself to take in the atmosphere around him. This was definitely a very lovely time of day, but he couldn't help but wonder what Midori found so attractive about it.

"You sure picked a nice place for relaxing ... I wish you could see it. Its rather breath taking!"

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:09 pm
"It does smell nice. I see sometimes. Mama and Papa say I'm a seer like my siblings."Midori nodded.

"This spot smells nice, too.Moist and healthy."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:27 pm
Mezlijin cocked his head to the side at her response.

"A seer? What's that?"

He tried wracking his brain for an answer, but he couldn't recall having ever heard the term. Did it mean that she could only see sometimes?

He hoped she wouldn't be offended by his question, but he couldn't help but be curious.

Taking in a deep breath, Mez tried to smell the same things Midori smelled. But he was certain that no matter how hard he tried, he wouldn't be able to. Mlinzi had explained it to him once. Those that can not see have well developed other senses. This was surely the case with Midori as well.

"It is quite healthy, the flowers around us are all blooming beautifully. I bet you can smell their aroma much better than I can."

NovaCracker

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff