Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Mamma bird has a sister? [Soren | Bao Yu]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm
Settling into life here wasn't hard per say, just very different. There was little trace of her previous home life left, and it made Bao Yu feel uneasy. She'd stayed close to her sister while she could, but even siblings needed time apart. So, Bao Yu was off doing her own thing today. She just wanted to get out, to walk around again. The last time she actually walked around was when she was mapping the place out.

Honestly, Bao Yu felt like getting to know ponies from different clans. She knew they were there from the big gathering, but she hadn't talked to any, really. With prom being so close, and her not really knowing what prom was, she couldn't help but not connected with the excitement in the air.

So, she walked on, hands hidden away in the pockets of her sleeves. Anyone who knew Lifen would recognize her see through legs, a family trait, honestly. She was surprised more ponies didn't approach her. Was she too serious? Was it the glasses? She pushed her glasses up as a conscious thought. Oh, well. She would have to make do with being the first one to approach someone.

ramenli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:45 am
Or perhaps someone would approach her. Someone who had seen her around, near someone he cared about, and he did not know who this stranger was. She shared similar...assets...with Lifen, and their legs were similar as well, but he did not want to assume anything. In fact, if anything the past year had taught him it was better to be safe than sorry, so when Soren caught sight of the mare walking by herself it made her an easy target.

His approach was filled with purpose, a confident stride to intersect her path, brows furrowed as he looked at the stranger. It was only when he was a few steps away that he realized that why he preferred introductions or at least a reason to meet someone. If he was approaching her to hit on her it would be easy, but until he knew where she stood with Lifen and why he did not want to take that route.

This? This was just awkward. He cleared his throat in a low rumble to catch her attention and then trust out a hand into her path. "Soren." Nailed it.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:28 am
Footsteps appraoching her caused her to turn her head and watched as the tall man stalked towards her. Her red eyes widened a little, but she didn't look scared, just slightly confused. Then he just stood and stared at her as if trying to figure something out. Bao Yu's head tilted to one side and she kind of just stared at him.

A hand was pushed towards her and she took a step back, expecting something else until he spoke. Soren. She was going to assume that was his name. Pulling her hand out of her sleeve, she took his big one in her smaller and gave it a firm shake. "I'm Hua Bao Yu." Now that that was out of the way, she just watched his face a bit more and pursed her lips. He was clearly trying to figure something out. Ah, maybe trying to figure out if she was related to someone. "Hua Lifen's elder sister. I'm just going to assume you know her. It seems nearly everyone here does."

ramenli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 am
Her name was similar to Lifen's and after a brief pause she filled in the missing information. He gave a short nod at her assumption, and then a much slower nod as his eyes roamed over her. Lifen's sister. Did that put her off limits or not...

For now he should probably behave himself, even if he had a sneaking suspicion that Conquest mares probably had a few different specialties he was interested in. So if this was Lifen's sister she must have come back recently, and while Soren ached for someone to come back to him (other than his mother) he knew that it was pointless to hope for. Still he was glad for Lifen's sake, and he should at least make the attempt to be civil to her sibling.

Civil probably included words though. "We garden," he explained, as if that alone was explanation alone. "Lifen was good for us." It somehow did not seem like enough to say about her, but it would have to do. He frowned slightly, thinking about his own family dynamic, before adding "be good to her." There was an edge of warning to his voice. Overprotective of mamma bird? Never.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:11 am
She took in his looks, his body language, his words, and his tone. All in all, he seemed to be fairly protective of her sister. Sighing lightly, she put her hands in her sleeves and then nodded. "That's my line, Soren. She's my sister. I've never been anything but good to her. You, on the other hand, be kind to her. Keep being kind to her. She and Cai are the only family I have left."

Her tone was serious, her face, expressionless, but she had a feeling he could see just what she meant by her words. Those red eyes of Bao Yu's narrowed as she looked him over from head to toe and her nostrils flair. Where did he get off telling her to be nice to her sister, with that much edge to him?

Still, she had to be civil. She wanted to be civil. Honestly, Bao Yu didn't want enemies. "It's a pleasure to meet you, however. I'm always glad to meet friends of my sisters. I'm glad she had others around here when I couldn't be there." Her voice sounded strained, slightly pained. In her head, Bao Yu was always beating herself up that she'd left the isle. She kept telling herself she should have been there to protect her sisters, her family. While she enjoyed her time off isle, she was starting to regret it.

ramenli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:39 am
Soren looked at her for a long moment before nodding. Whether it was a threat or not he could respect this woman standing for her sister. He did not know about the other she spoke of, but he could certainly understand having few that were left. He had his mother and that was it. Someone he did not want around, someone he gladly would have lived out his life without being close to again, and yet she was back.

"You're here now," Soren pointed out gruffly. With what he did know of Lifen she was probably happy to have her sister back, especially as Hua Bao Yu seemed to care for her. Or was it just Bao Yu. Or Bau? Conquestian names were so needlessly complicated.

He refused to focus on that, it was a waste of time for now, and he could just wait until he heard someone else address her. "Settled in?" he asked. It had been some time since many returned, but it seemed like a polite enough thing to ask. He wasn't exactly known for his small talk, so the fact that he was even making an effort would have to be enough.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:26 pm
It seemed there was a quite between them as they regarded each other, gauging each others actions and put a lot of thought into what they said. Maybe she and this Soren weren't so different, after all. She often took things seriously, and judging from Soren's reaction to what she said, and how few words he was speaking all at once, so did he.

"Yes, I am here now. I plan on being here with her for a long, long time. I've missed much of her life while I was away, it seemed. She's made quite a few friends." Her expression was light at this and she even gave a bit of a giggle. As a child she hand Mengyao as a friend, but she's really opened up and branched out. Maybe Bao Yu would do that once she got more comfortable here. Honestly, she'd been in worse living conditions with her time of the isle. She was invited into the poorest of homes, and the richest of homes, depending on who took an interest in letting her observe their day to day lives. She'd mainly stayed with medicine peddlers, however, now that she thought about it.

Bao Yu had a great interest in medicinal plants and their effects. "I'm getting there, yes. Learning things, still, about life here... I'm not used to seeing other clans so openly, if you can imagine." It was still a bit of a shock, how few there were left. Ah, well. Things happened for a reason, she supposed.

ramenli
<3

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces