Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:29 pm
((players: graceangel and cajanic))

User Image

It was a lovely summer afternoon. Kiri'ua was padding along a trail that wound its way up a mountain to the level where all the nobles lived. She smiled happily as she was most excited to return to the part of these lands that brought her joy. It was also exciting to be leaving that forsaken ground floor behind her as well. Yes and Truly! It was times like these when she looked inside herself and wondered that she managed to stay away so long in the roguelands. This mountain. This beautiful, majestic mountain!

This particular weekend she didn't bring her sengal with her. Usually she did so he could learn her trade as an apprentice to take over if she were to ever retire. As any good parent realizes their child needs a break, she could tell he needed some space from her. With her monthly trip being lengthened by a night down there; she smiled hoping he enjoyed his time.

As she sighed in a most contented way, her eyes caught a movement out of the corner of her eye. She backpedaled a little bit to see what was going on. She looked at the entry way. These days it seemed as many came and went through their lands. She cast her eyes to the ground in humility reminding herself that she didn't know better than their ruler. Surely, there wasn't anything wrong with outsiders. Shoot. As long as she had been gone from child to adult age, many might have considered her an outsider too. Still, she hoped they weren't allowing yet more of those fairies up in their noble places.

While she allowed that prejudiced bile to wash up and taint her thoughts, she saw something else in the distance moving up along the road ahead of her. Why did this sight seem so familiar? She decided to do her part. After all, didn't everyone in this pride have a role to play? Hers might not have been significant, but she would play hers. She was a nurse, a noble, but she could also just be friendly and make sure she knew who was roaming around up here. Make sure it wasn't one of them, a groundling daring to venture this far up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:06 pm
User Image User Image

"Are you sure we're going the right way, brother?" Asked a dainty purple female, he delicate paws and gentle face making her look very innocent and fair. Which suited her, since that was exactly what she was. A dainty, gentle female with soft fur and even softer eyes. A perfect little lady. Her brother, meanwhile, shared the same deep purple coat as her, and just about nothing else. He was large and muscular, and even the texture of his fur seemed more coarse. He had a hard, serious expression on his face, which seemed to be permanent even as he turned to comfort his sister.

"Worry not, sister," he told her firmly, though there was a certain affection lingering in the back of his tone, "we are progressing as we should. It will not be long before we arrive at the pride mentioned to us- ah! It seems, perhaps, we have already arrived!" Both purple lions looked ahead of them, as a small figure gaining size in the distance. A lioness, by the looks of it, and one they had both seen before. Fea'fuin instantly remembered her as the one who had helped her when she was injured. Galad'fuin seemed to notice this, too, smiling as much as his tough exterior would allow.

"Many fond greetings, Lady Kiri'ua!" Called Galad, offering her a deep, proper bow of his head. He looked at her, letting his sister move ahead to greet her up close.

"Oh, it's so good to see you again!" The female said lightly, "we were so touched by your feelings towards your pride that we just had to come and see the place for ourselves!"
Graceangel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Kiri of course being proud of being a noble lion in this pride. She caught herself early enough to not fluster her appearance with too harsh of running. She mirrored the enthusiasm of her long past seen acquaintences in her eyes and a smile that started off a little shy and coy at first. That smile soon continued to grow despite how much she was trying to contain it.

When she was almost right in front of Fea'Fuin, she smiled full and wide then. "Oh! It's so good to see you both! You are moving around just fine, so I guess you healed up right and well after that. Glad to see it! And.. yes yes... Well, it so happens this lioness I once knew in the roguelands had a talk with me when I came of my adult age. Running amok was one thing when I was young and couldn't know any better. It was high time I came home."

She swished her tail happily and then her eyes flicked back and forth between the brother and sister. For a moment, she thought it might be too soon to steer them away from the ground floors, but she figured maybe they'd like to see the upper part of the mountain. It was there which offered the best views anyways. That was also where a lot of the action was going on. She turned around and manuvered towards the path that wound up that way. "I can take you both around if you like. Lately, not too much has been going on, but there are rumors that our rulers may be expecting a new litter any time. If that bears any truth, then there should be some festivities before too long."

Cajanic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:20 pm
Fea smiled. "Yes, thanks to you I've managed to make a full recovery. You have our eternal gratitude for assisting me so kindly." She smiled merrily as she moved closer to the other, her brother not far behind her. She smiled at the male, who was looking around the pride and off in his own little world.

"I said we're BOTH grateful," she said somewhat sharply, gaining the attention of her brother at length.

"Ah, yes," he chuckled lightly, "indeed we owe you much! Be it in my power, you need only ask for favor and it shall be had!" He gave a bow of his head, before he once again looked around the place. When she offered to take them around, he brightened, nodding at the thought of it so eagerly that his sister had to laugh at him.

"That does sound like an exciting time," Fea hummed, "and my brother and I would deeply appreciate a tour! We have never been part of a pride like this before."

Graceangel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:46 pm
Kiri'ua swished her tail happily. She smiled freely and laughed delightedly. Her richly indigo eyes lit like the morning light on precious stones. "This is the only pride I ever belonged to though I spent my younger life a good deal in the roguelands. Sometimes, I'd meet other lions from other prides. I'd hear stories about their homelands. Though part of me wondered if it'd be fun to go see; deep down, I never had the nerve. I think a part of me always wanted to come home."

She then led them upwards around the areas where the nobles lived, and around the royal home area. Then, she led them back down to the middle and lower class areas. She took her time. She would pause in front of every spot and tell them some interesting things that had happened around there once or twice. Most of her stories were generally the same. They were all an incident of her attending to young noble cubs who got injured playing too hard or being somewhere they weren't supposed to. At one point, she thought what a boring life it must sound to them. Nothing but stories of healing others. That probably wasn't very exciting.

She took a moment to sit down when they were almost in front of her little home that served as both her living quarters and where she tended as a nurse and babysitter for other lion's children. "Do you two have any exciting stories to tell? I'd love to hear about anything really."

Cajanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:12 pm
Fea and Galad enjoyed the tour, looking around to see what there was to see. It looked like the pride had a lot to it, with lots of different locations depending on what you enjoyed. Galad was sure he would be able to make use of himself in a pride like that- especially if he would be able to protect the people around him. Still, he wasn't sure he wanted to be a guard. Being a noble sounded nice, too, and he would be able to do whatever he wanted, even if it was still just protecting everyone. The only thing he didn't like was hearing that purple coats were somehow better than others. Even if he did have purple.

He was no better than anyone else, he was sure of it. Just another subject of the king.

Fea was fine being considered better than others, though. She was al ady, after all, and appreciated when others treated her as such. She smiled and looked at Kiri when she asked them about stories. "I think you were there for the most exciting," she chuckled lightly, "but I believe there have been plenty of moments worth speaking of. Galad fought off many a wild lion in our travels. He had become very good at fighting."

"I do only what must be done to protect you, my sister," Galad replied, "I would do no less for anyone else I care for."
Graceangel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:24 pm
Kiri gushed and went complete girly with Fea. She had some giggles and went up to her and sat in front of her. She truly wanted to embrace this lionness who truly was striking a kindred spirit chord with her, but she didn't want to be imposing or rude. So instead of hugging her without permission, she just gave her an earnest smile. "Well, truly, someone has to be good at fighting when you're in the roguelands. Some rather filling meals are a sport just to catch and defeat for that delicious mouthful. Nowdays in the pride, there are those who go out and do the hunting and bring back to share."

She glanced out of the corner of her eye at Galad in his beatiful shades of purple and streaks of white. "Though I must say. It has been quite a while since I can last recall anyone bringing anything in especially for me. The last memory of anyone bringing me anything was my little helper, Ushokolethi. He is an immense helper. He's especially great when I'm doing large cub sitting groups. His purple coat makes him look almost as if he were actually my son." She beamed at that last bit. She hoped it wasn't too revealing of her deeper desire to one day have a family like her sister.

She recalled then her years in the roguelands on her own. She thought how fortunate it was she almost never was actually in a fight. then, she wondered if someone from her family hadn't followed her and protected her; but that was all probably not much more than a childish fantasy or romanticized thinking.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:10 pm
“I must admit, I was never very good at hunting,” Fea chuckled delicately, “but you were already witness to that! Galad does the hunting for the both of us. I think that time I tried to hunt and got hurt is going to be the last time I try.” He sighed lightly when he heard his sister, Galad looking over at the two girls.

“It is in your best interest not to attempt such foolishness again,” he advised his sister carefully, “I am strong enough to provide food for you and for this pride, if I willed it. You need not worry about such things on your own.” He would not have any lady hunting if he could help it. But, again, he couldn’t do everything for the whole pride, and he would have to settle his mind on something in specific to do. If he wanted to hunt, then so be it, but if he wanted to protect, he would need to be a guard. If he needed to be a noble, then he would have to go that road with pride.

Decisions, decisions.

“That sounds quite lovely,” Fea hummed, “I would very much like a family some day. It’s nice that this pride is so calm. It seems just right for a family, doesn’t it? Perhaps we will both find suitable males!” She looked at galad, then at her friends, offering the slightest waggle of her eyebrows. “I think you may have better luck than me already.”

Graceangel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:27 pm
Kiri sat on her haunches and just smiled away at them. "I have a sister here who has had two litters. Both of them were I think five or six cubs big. It is such the blessing to be surrounded by much family; though it can make a girl feel a little akin to that old saying of 'always the bridesmaid and never the bride'." Then she shrugged and decided she wasn't sure she even liked that avenue of conversation anymore. It was one thing to be a little self-degrading. It was another to just poke at one's own soul's sore spots like picking at scabs. She right away realized that to think or say any more on the matter would only nurse some feelings that might be better left alone.

She then sat and just half absently gazed at Galad for a few moments. Her mind was thinking of the sorts of things to be done around that would make him feel purposed. Her eyes lazily drifted off to observe the color tones on a part of the mountain wall as she hoped to think of something. The idea of being a hunter while somewhat honorable and honest work. That would put him at middle class. She wondered if that mattered to them. It might even have been one of the first times since returning home that she even questioned the idea that being a noble didn't matter to everyone. She then looked at Fea.

This mountain sure was at times a male's world. Being a noble allowed the females to have at least something that made them of more worth. Though she had to admit that some of the entertainment put on by the middle class was in fact entertaining. It was far more so than she ever openly admitted.

"Well if you two need a place to stay while you get settled and find a cave of your own; you're welcome to stay in mine. It's plenty big enough. If I need to provide nanny services, I can always go to their caves or living spaces."

Cajanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 pm
Galad’fuin chuckled faintly. “I have not heard such a term,” he commented, “but I understand what you wish to say with it. I don’t think you should worry too much about what others have that you do not- you will find your happiness at your own pace, and then you will have a big family of your own.” He had not thought of having a family, really, though he supposed it wouldn’t be a bad thing. The blood line legacy continuing strong, in a safe place. It seemed nice. He looked at his sister, who seemed to be smiling rather strangely. But he didn’t ask about it, as there was more to discuss.

She had offered her home for them while they got settled. “Do you think that would be alright? I fear we may be imposing, asking such a thing of you,” the male said with a frown, honestly not wanting to be a burden to her.

“Galad, do not disregard so kind an offer- it is rude not to appreciate when something is being offered to you. I think it would be a splendid idea.” She smiled brightly, and Galad let out a lofty sigh.

“You are right. My apologies,” he said lightly, “it would be our honor to stay with you, if you are still willing to have us. We will be in your care.” He gave the female a respectful bow, to show his appreciation for everything. Fea smiled.

“Yes, thank you very much. But please, do not disturb the others for our sakes. Though we do not look like much, we have traveled far and can take care of ourselves just fine. There is no need to bother anyone else.”

Graceangel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:39 pm
In part, Kiri had made that offer just to be generous and a host to them. She had hoped they would come and stay. Their acceptance of her offer however surprised her a great deal. In fact, she felt herself feeling excited at the expecting others to be around when she'd come and go. Her tail swished happily behind her. Her eyes lit up.

She clapped her paws together. "Oh, fantastic! Trust me. You won't be the least bit of trouble. Seriously. I can't imagine anything so terrible as coming home to find someone else there."

Oh, but was that admitting a sort of loneliness. She hoped it didn't make her look pathetic. She got up then and stretched a little and wiggling her toes daintily. "Well, come on. I'll show you where my cave is." As she turned around to lead the way, she smiled to herself. She most earnestly couldn't think of a better thing to happen to her.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:19 am
Fea smiled. "I agree," she offered kindly, "I am not used to being alone, and I do not enjoy it. I think I would be very sad if I did not have someone there with me." She was used to living with her brother, and while she knew they would both end up with their own homes in this place, she hoped she would be able to find someone else to spend her time with. Perhaps a mate of her own. She knew Galad'fuin was thinking the same thing. They both wanted to have happy, peaceful lives.

She hoped they were both a little closer to that now that they had found a home, at least.

Galad, meanwhile, was quiet, following the lioness as she led them back to her cave. He still wasn't sure it was proper for a male to be accepting help from a female, but there was little he could do about it. In his mind, the male did the hard work and the female was protected. That was the code he had been raised to believe.

Still, he wasn't exactly against the idea of spending more time with her.

Graceangel
I think we can end it there.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items