Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:01 pm
User Image

Yinse Shen's brows furrowed as he tried to go over the lesson from earlier. History was more exciting than learning numbers. What was the point of it all? Still, as a student, and not having much choice in the matter, he had to learn it before he could move forward in his lessons. There seemed to be so many more exciting things, but his teachers were just teasing him with a taste of history before slamming numbers down on his paws. Head. Whatever. It sucked.

He was walking slowly, trying to work the numbers with the amount of steps he was taking. It was working with the smaller numbers, but once he was working large, it wasn't...no. That wasn't right.

"Ugh, I hate numbers!" he whined, very childishly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 pm
User Image

Like her brother, Yanran Mei was not the best suited to a scholarly life. Unlike him, though, she was still completely oblivious to it. She was still mid-rush from the sudden freedom that came with moving to the East house, taking only her brother with her, and being bombarded with many different kinds of new information. Eventually things would level out but for now, she was blissfully ignorant to any troubles that would soon accompany spending the majority of her life learning.

She spotted her brother stomping along, apparently counting, and started following after him. She was just about caught up when he complained- and rather loudly.

"What!"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:20 pm
Shen jumped, his skin twitching as he looked around. Sure, he knew his sister's voice, but it wasn't something he had been expecting. "What? You're sneaking up on me, that's what!"

He had to give himself a moment to calm down, his body just twitching with this desire to run. Adrenaline was screaming at his ears, but he had to suppress it. He had been placed in the East House by his parents, and he wasn't going to let them down.

At least, he hadn't planned to until numbers and counting came into his life.

"Why did you scare me like that?! I'm trying to study."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:25 pm
She couldn't stifle a laugh at the way her brother reacted to her sudden appearance. He was clearly upset and she wasn't helping but surely being in a good mood had to count for something. She hadn't even thought about studying yet, she was too busy just being happy.

"Sorry!" she said, "It sounded more like complaining than studying, are you sure you're doing it right?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:34 pm
"Its both, geez," he grumbled. "Numbers aren't easy, but the teachers won't let me learn anything new until I pass this numbers test. I don't understand why I'll need it, its not like I'm going to be dealing with merchants or anything." They should be able to keep track of their own stuff, especially if there were going to trade outside of the pride. The Emperor and Empress were certainly trying to encourage more development, or so he understood it, but...he still didn't want to learn any of this stuff.

"I'm sure its so easy for you if you can just run around and play," he sighed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:40 pm
Talk of tests and advancement was such a downer, it even got her to frown as a way of acknowledging it as a reality in her life now. She was much happier focusing on the immediate excitement of being somewhere new. Stupid brother, bringing her down.

"Nah, I barely remember any of it," she confessed, "I'm just having fun trying, you know? The teachers want us to get it fast but this is what we do now, right? What's the hurry!"

A sorry perspective to have but Nasibu was oblivious.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:56 pm
Shen frowned while he thought about it. He had to really sit and think; something that was probably pretty new to the both of them. They weren't very good at it, but Shen was just hoping that it was because they weren't used to caring so much about everything. He had grown up as a playmate to the emperor's cubs...and now he had to sit here and learn. This sucked.

"I guess. We aren't really going anywhere after this, huh?" He sighed. "I hope Mother can at least visit us; I doubt Father can, he's always so busy working.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:05 pm
Nasibu shrugged, not sure what answer her brother was really looking for but knowing enough not to sound too cheerful either way. The mention of their parents softened her enthusiasm but she remained cheery and hopeful.

"I hope so, too," she agreed, "I don't see why not. It'd be ridiculous to expect a family to just.. split up forever, right?"

It was one of the benefits of being pride lions! Your family was always right there- except when you were in the Tianxia, they weren't always right here.. but they were around. Nevermind that their parents didn't seem to have any other family around, that would be thinking too hard about it.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:20 pm
"Mother doesn't do much but hunt, I can't see why she couldn't visit..." Shen frowned a bit, feeling homesick. He knew he was home, but...it wasn't quite the same. He hoped that the royal litter was doing well, and his siblings that went to the South House.

"I bet that if we did well on our tests, the teachers would let us visit everyone else in the South House for a bit...maybe that's why I should try to study stupid, evil numbers," he said wrinkling his nose. His tone had lightened, though, and he was feeling better about things. Simple-minded, but it worked wonders for him.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:13 pm
Nasibu nodded along with each and every thing her brother said. She happily pushed aside any vaguely homesick feelings and focused on her brother and the idea that if they were successful they would be more free to visit their family themselves. She hadn't thought about that, they were going to be adults soon, they could decide things too.. more so than how they had decided things so far.

"I bet!" she agreed brightly, "How about we do it together, I'll help!"

If Shen agreed, he would certainly find out just how much worse off his sister currently was.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas