The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:54 pm
This area serves as the main... hang-out for the Gong Jen. You'll generally only find the more prevalent members of the Jen in here -- the ones with direct ties to the high rankers or the Avatar. The tone of the large room is fairly dark, with a traditional style of decor. There is a cook serving for the group, who also serves different types of drinks from around the Earth Kingdom. She seems to know a lot about the rumors around her, so she acts as a main consultant for finding cases to deal with.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:27 pm
User ImageXXUser Image

Oh boy, it'd been a long day. Like, really long. The clock read 17:49, but it felt way later than that. He'd encountered his first spirit today -- well, at least his first violent spirit. Luckily, it wasn't one of those strong types, but a mediocre spirit. Maybe even weak. Tohru was growing well as an Avatar. If not for her assistance, everything would've probably went off a lot worse than it did. "Why does your food always seem to taste better when I'm half-dead and about to barf?" He set his chopsticks against the plate, and yawned, eyeing at a little golden token he'd left on the table. He picked it up somewhere today, but -- didn't know exactly why it was there in the first place. It could've been special, like an heirloom, so maybe... "That's because there is special ingredient," the large woman confirmed, a happy tone coming over her. "Flesh of disobedient children. Mm mm," she laughed. This chick had the weirdest sense of humor. Or maybe she wasn't joking...

"So, how was mission today? Good? You make big money from town you help? Or they not pay like cheap peddler?" Taka looked up, and laughed under his breath. She was always so interested in their financial gain. "Nah, they didn't give us any. That's alright though. We've got enough funding to keep on for the month, eh?" She probably wasn't content with that. The woman hadn't gotten paid very much lately, because all of what they had was blown on supplies, equipment and other similar things. Of course, they were all volunteers, but in the interest of their combined futures, it was nice to go home with a little bit of dough. Of course, benders went home with more power and knowledge. The experience of a life-time. But she... "Well, OK. Next time bring Mama Jichao with you. I cook them such good food they will empty their purses," she smiled brightly. Taka smiled back, cleaned his empty dishes and walked over to take a seat on one of the large emerald-toned sofas across the lobby. He pulled some water from the moisture in the air, and splashed it onto his dirtied face. "Today's been pretty lame."

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:44 pm
User Image

"Why is that sir?"
                                                                said a voice from behind, a calm and gentle tone within stalking distance of his once well-world-wide known Water Chieftain. It was one of the newbies of Gong Jen, but was a Novice when the Water Tribe was lively and about. The man standing behind Taka, who then went around the sofa and sat down nearby his superior, was one of the...better students, amongst two others who were lovestruck and one of them was a bumbling brutish moron, the other being hopelessly lost without him. Shura was calm and quiet ones within the tribe and when the time came to migrate, he did just that, taking what he needed and moving on with his life, following his leader and becoming apart of the ongoing river of change. Gotta keep up the waterbenda pride yo. "Something troubling you?" Shura had been outside of the HQ perimeter, playing with a few of the neighborhood kids within the Northern Water Tribe for leisure and relaxation. Being cooped up in an HQ could get boring sometimes and it was great to know that there were people back at home that missed and cared about him, it almost brought a smile to the Novice's face.

"私の最愛は...溺れてください。"

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:57 pm
User ImageXXUser Image

He would've normally been alarmed by the sudden... interjection into his silence, but he was used to it. After all, this was the lobby, you didn't come expecting to be left alone and quiet in a corner. That would've been lame, anyhow. "Oh, hey, Shura," he replied fondly to his entrance. He knew Shura better than any of the other waterbenders here; he was one of his original students, back from when he was finally settled into his position of Chieftain. He was fond of him, simply put. The Chieftain rubbed the water off of his face, and shrugged. "Eh, ran into a bit of action today. Nothing Taka and the girls couldn't handle," he grinned. The girls being Tohru and the Earth Queen, of course. Shura was on a different... group than him, so it came to his attention that their jobs didn't come to contact very often. And good for him; Taka's job seemed to be nothing but sitting and investigating. And the one battle he did encounter, today, was life-or-death. Spirits were pretty feisty motha-fookas.

Well, anyway. He looked over at Shura, and burped very blatantly. "That's about it. Just a bit warn out, eh?" He settled back into the fabric. "So, how's it been on your side, Mister Ming? You been keeping up on your bending training? If I get any answer but yes, you'll have to drop and give me fifty. Times ten." Taka was, as always, a strict man when it came to bending. If Shura had somehow forgotten the days where he'd earn a round of push-ups for every single fumble, then he'd quickly remember whenever Taka decided to start teaching him again. Still, his methods were effective. Waterbending was all about concentration, discipline, and envisioning. Fear of having to spend the next hour doing push-ups had a way with a man's concentration, eh?

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:07 pm
User Image

"Well of course sir, I need to stay strong in case things go south and people begin needing me, nowadays, not so much...with all of my superiors, including you, going out on missions and all. So today, since I had no missions to go on, I spent the morning playing with the children and tending to the animals back home. I'm sure that the mission was a breeze for someone like you, eh Chief?" Shura said with a smile, of course they were not on the same team, but they were all apart of the same organization. Since Taka was his teacher at a time, he was glad he was able to keep a connection to him...even if it was small like this one. "Oh! I forgot, I didn't give the right answer..." and with that, Shura was down, "of course," wasn't, "yes," which meant that he had to begin his push ups. Back when he was 16 and still a Trainee, his pushups were unstable, weak, and brittle. Like a true newbie's. But Shura's pushups at this current age, they held strength, determination, and a firm position among other things, he counted them as he moved, pushing on his thumbs instead of his palms or his fists. With each time he went down, he let out a light grunt as a quiet count for his pushups. He was still listening though, just working out the discipline as he listened.

"私の最愛は...溺れてください。"

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:54 pm
llxxS O U T H E R N T R I B ExxllxxN O V I C Exxll

S O R E NXV E N A R I U SXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXW A T E RxxB E N D E RxxH E A L E R

xxllxxs p e c i a l i z a t i o n ---xxllxxa g e 1 7xxllxxc h i 5 0 0 / 5 0 0xxllxx

User Image
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

OOC:

Among all of the other members of Gong Jen, Soren was most likely the least noticable. His skills weren't of a offensive nature and so he was often left behind on the fighting. He'd usually stay back and assist with any wounds. Currently, he was the most adept in healing skill in this organization, which spoke volumes since he had only mastered the second stage. Soren quickly spotted Taka, one of the fighters who went on the mission most recently and sat on the cushion next to the water chieftain. "Welcome back, Mr. Shen. Were you injured on your recent mission?" These guys were usually too good to get hurt by anything, which was the reason why they usually shrugged Soren off to do some other ghastly duty.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

The Wild Hunt
Captain

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:55 pm
User ImageXXUser Image

Shura wasn't getting many missions? That was strange; he figured they'd have their hands full. It was either a good sign -- a sign of less conflict -- or a bad sign, that they were incapable of gathering the intel necessary to supply a large array of missions to their members. And considering they didn't have all too many members, that was quite the issue. Well, at least Shura got some time to play with the kids. If that was his sort of thing, great. "I'm glad you're keeping up with your training--" he grinned, and tapped the crouching man's shoulder with his feet as he drew down to do the push-ups. "And I'm even more glad that you remembered to listen to me properly!" That was equal parts sarcasm and equal parts truth. He failed to give him the right answer, but at least he noticed it very promptly. Still, he couldn't have the guy doing a five-hundred over something so trivial. "Of course" was paramount to "yes", after all. "But really, you don't have to unless you want to. I'm not in the bossy mood today, eheh." He hadn't been lately, really. He wasn't really "Chieftain" here, just another member.

Still, he was very appreciative of the respect that he was being given. Not only by Shura, but also by... "Thank you, my friend. You're that... southern waterbender! Right?" He'd heard about him; he generally knew about all of the waterbenders here, but not personally. "What's your name, dude? You can just call me Taka -- I've never been the formal type, sadly for us all," he laughed under his breath. In the face of the surrounding irritation, and the pain, it was nice to be comforted by a warm fire and the company of two people of his own. "Oh! And this? An injury?" he motioned to the bruises on his arms, "Naah. I could've grit my teeth to this as an infant."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:07 pm
User Image

"Ah but I did screw up, I can at least get through another 50 before stopping,"
                                                                during Taka's moment of conversation with the other waterbender, Shura had finished doing a good fifty pushups with one hand. He moved to the other hand, continuing his set before plopping himself back up onto the sofa in between the two, it was like a trio. No, it was a trio. Probably a good one at that. Shura didn't even break a sweat from the set of push ups because three times that number was his daily regimen and when he was young, it was even more than that. If Taka taught Shura one thing well that was evident, it was his focus and determination to get things done and if he couldn't do that, go for what he knew. "Goodness Taka sir, what were you fighting that could've gave you those?" yeah Shura was clueless on the mission that they went on, but then again, they usually kept some missions in the dark and hidden from the lower ranks, for reasons that no one really knew actually. But at least Taka came home in one piece, which was good in Shura's case. He'd hate to lose his chief to whatever was out there. "At least you're okay sir," he smiled, it was true, always look amongst the positives and that was definitely one of them.

He looked over to the southern water tribe male that entered, his look was far different from Taka and his own, but nonetheless, he was brother. A brother from another mother. Shura knew of very few people in the Southern Water Tribe, but he never met this individual and it looked like it was time to make new friends within the Gong Jen. "Hmmmm, I've never seen you before and I know at least a few within the Southern Water Tribe, what's your name? I'm Shura Yon Ming from the Northern Water Tribe." he holds out a hand to shake while getting comfy on the couch...odd how he hadn't done that yet.

"私の最愛は...溺れてください。"

User Image

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:45 pm
Dii de Mer

User Image

light 'em up xxx light 'em up xxx light 'em up
                                                                            XXI'M ON FIRE
                                                                                    User Image

xxxxx]Jay walked over to their nearby booths and sat himself down on one side of the booth, grabbing himself a menu and setting one out for Layna as he looked at what he wanted to eat, thinking to himself. He saw Taka across the lobby, chatting with fellow waterbenders and felt a bit uneasy, but he decided to put that behind him, he was having lunch with a friend today, he couldn't let someone else get in his way from that.

"Hmmmm, I wonder what would be good for now..."

User Image
                                                                            ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                            gonna need a spark to ignite.
                                                                            ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:08 pm
              User Image
                                                                          User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                        User Image

I do not bow xx I do not falter xx I do not fail
                                                                                        ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
                                                                        User Image

xxxxxLayna entered the lounge with Jay and slid into the seat of the booth opposite of him. Her eyes fell upon today's menu. While there were a few options, it was often best to just take what ever Mama Jichao said was good today. Otherwise you may get your ear chewed off by the cook herself. A young eartbending student who was on waiting duty today approached them take their order. Jobs rotated around, Mama Jichao was probably the only one here who also didn't fight for the organization, though if she did Layna was sure she'd put up a hell of a fight. "Just bring me whatever our fine chef recommends. And a hot black tea." The youth nodded and looked to Jay for his order.

xxxxxLayna settled into the seat as she handed in the menu and gazed about the lounge, noting Taka chatting with two others. Not many other people were present. She couldn't help but wonder where Tohru had gone off to. The earthbender hoped she was relaxing somewhere after their long day. "Hopefully we can go a few days without having to head out for another mission. Though I know you would rather be out in the heat of things. More spirit attacks means more damage and more upset people." She spoke with a sigh. Her fingers tapped on the table and again she sucked on the side of her cheek again. Probably wasn't pleasant to being up topics like that at the table, but it's what was on her mind at the moment.
                                                                      Had0u

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:30 pm
Dii de Mer

User Image

XXI'M ON FIRE
                                                                                    User Image

xxxxx]"Tell mama that I'd like the usual, she'll know," he smiled as the youth nodded and walked away from the two. Mama Jichao knew Jay well only because she liked his spitfire attitude, it was a go-getter demeanor that she enjoyed every time she worked in the Lobby and supplied food for everyone. During Jay's first few days in the Gong Jen HQ, he went without food to starve himself and strengthen his mind and spiritual aspects, when Mama Jichao received word of this, she sent him food everyday during that period via his firebending students. For a short moment, he rejected them because he didn't know that it was Mama Jichao that was feeding him, but once he realized who it was really coming from, he ate every last bite of it all and even thanked her by helping out in the kitchen even though she refused a billion times. And yes, when Jay screwed up in the lobby, he didn't just get an earful from Mama Jichao, he got the wooden spoon. Its kind of like the trademark discipline tool she used for unruly children, even if it meant it was for the higher-ups. Everyone had gotten the wooden spoon at least once in their days in the HQ, even Taka and Tohru.

Jay sweat-dropped and chuckled, "hey hey, don't worry about that right now, it's not good for you to worry about such things right now, or at least, not at this very second. Maybe after you've gotten something in you then we can discuss more of that, besides, you guys came back safely and that's all that matters...right?" he thought about it a little, yes, they came back in one piece, but those spirits were growing more and more restless and time was of the essence, what would happen if they attacked right now? Jay didn't know what he would do. To be honest, even if he was out there fighting with them, he'd be at a crossroad. He'd be nervous, anxious, and afraid, just thinking about how he'd react to it all made the firebender bite his bottom lip and grip his pants tightly. He was deep in thought, but could probably be snapped out of it. Jay had to admit that she was right, more spirit attacks DID mean more damage and more upset people, more upset people equaled riots and anarchy...which wasn't needed, especially now.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:28 pm
User Image
User Image
Clean. For some reason that was the word that came to Lien's mind as she shuffled through the halls of the Gong Jen Headquarters. Lien had spent years searching for a teacher to guide her down the path to becoming a fire bender, odd considering that benders were usually exalted members of society. It took her nearly a decade but she had found someone who could help her, it seemed that the Gong Jen were to be her salvation. With all the eagerness of a child she had rushed to their headquarters for what she was sure would be the instruction she thought she rightly deserved. And with this in mind she had been to the training grounds... and found them woefully devoid of the guidance she sought. 'Lunch' someone had said to her, the words rang hollow against the years of waiting she'd already been forced to sit through in that orphanage. And so she stalked the halls in search of the one she would call teacher, it didn't dawn on Lien that barging in on instructors and forcing one to teach her, not only wouldn't work but would more than likely put them on their bad side. Despite that Lien bulled onwards blissfully ignorant on the consequences, then her nose caught something... food. They had said lunch... right? That way! Her pace quickened through the dim corridor toward the lobby.

There had been people around this entire misguided trip, through entering the lobby reminded her of the streets of a city, people coming and going about their lives groups gathered round sharing the news or gossip, the sheer activity slowed her down for a minute as she tried to remember what she was doing. Then... she spotted Jay, and opening her mouth to shout it struck her... there was a loud grumble... but from where... down? Then again... her stomach complained aloud about the neglect of not being fed well enough and she balked as the dull throbbing set in... in her excitement she had skipped breakfast to arrive her faster. It was rare but Lien was stepping back from her guns and relenting in this... Jay didn't know it but he had already scored a victory from the girl. She muttered to herself and her stomach about it lolling off toward where the prevalent smell of food was coming from. on her way there vacant plates found themselves a few items lighter and a few people who weren't paying attention as well as they should found themselves victimized before they even realized it. sitting down somewhere near the cook she saw a bowl of nuts. taking one she popped it into her mouth chewing as if in thought... though her will collapsed and grabbing the bowl she shoveled about half the bowl into her mouth and began chewing. This got her some attention, it was a look she had seen a few times, a mixture of trying not to laugh and of annoyance, it seemed to be classified when someone did something ridiculous that meant work for the person with the look.

Lien stopped chewing for a few seconds as she and the cook regarded each other, it was a staring contest that lasted all of about 5 seconds until the cook turned grabbed a bowl and put some food into it before giving it to the girl. Lien's expression, had it not been utterly ridiculous due to the amount of nuts in her mouth, would have shown pure worship of the woman. But yeah... the cheeks swelled with half chewed nuts sort of killed the reverence in her eyes. Swallowing hard she would scoot the bowl of nuts back to it's original position and dig in. The Orphanage hadn't exactly been keen on manners though so near immediately there was a tap of a wooden spoon on the top of her heard. The cook had returned... a stern look on her face, 'Manners' she would say to the girl, and for the second time that day she balked in the face of an opponent, normally some resistance would take place especially with Lien but even she had some people she didn't mess with... the people who feed you were right near the top of the list. So with a curt deferential nod she noticed a napkin in front of her and she daintily grabbed it and wiped her mouth. Feeling a little crestfallen Lien picked at her food for a few seconds before eating slowly and deliberately.

Lien took the time to stare about her and had the same thought she did before. Clean. the people too, thinking that she regarded herself. She wore the clothes of a citizen of the fire nation reds with a black accents, though travel had caused them to become dirty and dusty, her hair in the traditional Topknot fashion of the fire nation held in it one point of interest. Wrought of jade a magnificent headpiece adorned it, any who saw it might mistake her for someone of a higher class than she was after all there were no set laws or anything that banned the poor from owning expensive clothing or the like... but the sheer availability of it was the question, only the rich would be able to afford such a headpiece. As it was the Jade Headpiece was a memento of Lien's mother. Though as dirty and grungy as she looked perhaps a shower was in order before she started training... then again... why get clean if you're only gonna get dirty again. Lien would steal a glance in the direction of the one she figured to be her teacher... weird looking guy... pointed ears and rather prominent canine teeth... the shape of his eyes and eyebrows suggested he was straightforward person, she went back to eating while she watched him hoping he'd finish before she did...

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out of Character: Hm... could be better.
Thoughts: Training! F-Food!? T-Training? T~T
Accompanying: None. (Yet!)
Chi: 350/350
Health: Good
Element: Fire
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Had0u

Hareonca

Shirtless Tactician

9,600 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:45 pm
Hareonca

Dii de Mer

User Image

XXI'M ON FIRE
                                                                                    User Image

xxxxx]Jay and Layna would soon receive their food to munch on and as for the young firebender that was eyeing him from along the room, he didn't look away from Layna as he was busy speaking to her. What he DID do was speak and acknowledge the girl who was blatantly watching him, yeah, he knew.

"Is something troubling you miss?"

There were only two females in the room and he was already talking to Layna...so...yeah.

User Image

User Image

[AV] The Gong Jen HQ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games