[SRP] Crafts [Uriel x Karpos]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:51 pm
The pride had been welcoming and warm to Uriel which some what surprised the female. Sure, her home pride was just as warm if not a bit more festive, but she hadn't imagined other prides to be just as friendly. It was heart warming and refreshing.

The mists them selves , on the other paw, were hard to travel through for Uriel. Often times the lioness would find her self bumping in to things like rocks and some times even other prides members. But in time she'd come to understand how to feel her way through.

At least she hoped she would.

Today Uriel had decided she'd attempt to craft a drum. The female had gathered some pelts and old wood with some vines to tie. It was a simple project. Something that was enough to keep her occupied for the rest of the day.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:02 pm
Karpos had been on her way to gather some wild fruits and berries. She wielded a make shift basket made of giant leaves in her maw. This gathering exercise was mostly for the benefit of the Maji but some of the berries would be eaten .. by her. She would have licked her maw if it wasn't for the basket like object in her mouth.

Uriel caught Karpos's attention though. The purple lioness wandered on over to her work station to see just what this lioness was up to.

"WEAWRAWERA" She said not realizing that the basket was still in her maw. The lioness quickly remedied this by plopping down the basket.

"Sorry. I mean HEY! I mean hey." Her ears folded back.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:41 pm
"Uh... hey your self?" The brown lioness tilted hear head at the purple lioness and continued her preparations with the hide.

"Is there...something you needed?" Uriel didn't look up from her work. She continued her craft.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:45 pm
Karpos took the greeting as an invitation and decided to get a closer look at just what it was Uriel was doing. She may have been hoovering a little to closely to the hard at work loiness.

"Something I needed? Mmmm no. " Karpos paused. "So what is this you're doing?" She was eager to find out. A little to eager.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:49 pm
So this lioness was actually interested in what she was doing. A smile bloomed on Uriels maw. She was actually happy for the interest rather than annoyed at the intrusion. Karpos was standing a bit to close for comfort though. That was okay though. She was interested and that made Uriel happy.

"Well you see," Uriel turned to face Karpos, "I'm making a drum. I figured this pride could do with music." She gave the purple lioness a tilt of the head, " For dancing and what not. It doesn't seem like these folks know how to have a good time. Not like where I'm from." Uriels smile turned to a frown. She still had no idea how her family was doing. They could all very well have drowned during that flood. It was possible she was the only living of her line. It was a depressing thought and the discomfort showed on the brown lionesses face quite vividly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:51 pm
The fact that Uriel was all of a sudden upset caught Karposes attention. The lioness frowned back quite confused.

"Is something upsetting you?" She managed. "We were talking about drums and ... is everything okay? Have I offended you in some way? I'm so sorry." The purple lioness hung her head in shame.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:53 pm
"OH!" Uriel snapped out of her funk like that.

"No no no no no no no no no no ! You're fine!" She shook her head quite a few times. "You have nothing to be sorry ... for. I suppose I'm just a bit home sick? I love this new home but .. from time to time I really do miss my home. I miss the dancing and the music. The festive atmosphere. I suppose I feel... sad and miss everyone."

There was no need to tell Karpos about the flood. She was worried enough. Uriel honestly didn't want to talk about it anyways. She hoped that homesickness was a good enough answer for the purple lioness.

"May I ask.. what it is you're doing out here with that basket?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:56 pm
Being home sick sounded awful. Karpos couldn't relate to it. She felt the mists were where she really truly belonged and was happy to finally be here among a group of lions she adored. Uriel was quite a new member though. She was older too and probably had more experience in the out side than Karpos had. It was reasonable for her to be homesick.

"Oh. You noticed the basket huh?" Karpos grinned from ear to ear, "I'm picking fruit and berries to help with the dyes. I don't know how to mix them but I can find things that go in to them for the Maji." The lioness was quite proud to be able to help out.

"I just like to help out I suppose."  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:59 pm
Helping with dyes sounded like an honorable enough craft.

"Well hey. Maybe you could ask to borrow some of the dyes after the maji are done with it. I would love to paint my drum." Uriel was half joking and half serious. She really would love to paint her drum when she was done with it. But... then again asking for dye when it was so important.

"Uh. I'm only kidding." Was added to save face.

"I think I can do just fine with some dried mud and maybe my own paint blend."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:01 pm
"You're weird," Karpos laughed, "But I think I like you. Any ways. Maybe I'll stop by after the drums done to see what you can really do with it. I'd love to see!" Karpos gave a dreamy sigh.

"I promised to have these berries picked before the sun hits the middle of the sky. Sorry I can't stay but I hope to see you again Uriel." There was a warm apologetic smile before Karpos dipped her head to gather her basket.

"AWERAWR" Was followed by an equally muffled laugh. Karpos dipped her head to say good by before turning her back to get back to her task.

Word Count: 1026  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

[IC] Ukungu Mfumaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas