Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Gaia Spirit Week Guild!

Back to Guilds

Hang out with your friends and stay updated on all the news of Spirit Week AT THE SAME TIME! What a deal! ;D 

Tags: spirit week, user event, classes, hangout 

Reply The Official Gaia Spirit Week Guild!
Help with Advertising!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I r Spirit Week
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:28 am
Hey guys!

Although we’ve been seeing a lot of people coming back to join us in GSW so far, as you know, there’s been a trend where less and less people show up each year. We’ve seen some people mention they want to help us out with advertising, and we also have a few ideas of our own.

First off: the Welcome to Gaia forum. This is a good place to find brand new members, especially from the newest class, which is usually the smallest group of members we have. However, the rules say that we can’t do any explicit advertising in there; in other words, you CAN'T go in there and tell people “Hey, welcome to gaia! If you want to make friends, join us at this event”. Instead, we want to have a group of people going around with a link or banner to the event in their signature, and maybe they’ll be more likely to notice it if we all have it. Some newbies might try to add you, and this is up to you of course. At this point you might want to mention the event to them, but I don’t want them to think this was just some kind of plot to get more members, but rather, for them to make friends and have fun at this event. BOTTOM LINE; In your posts, you should only welcome them to Gaia, and if they mention something in their main post, maybe talk about how you share that interest/hobby and how you'd be happy to add them if they have any questions concerning Gaia.

The CB: some of us are worried about attracting trolls, which is why the mods aren’t really going to do any advertising threads in there. You’re free to do so, but keep this in mind.

On the front page, we have links out to the event. We encourage everyone to help us out with advertising by adding it to your signatures, profiles, status updates, and possibly other places you hang out in the forums.

It's not about adding people to the masses and making Spirit Week known; it's about welcoming everyone and making friends, having fun, and leaving with lots of good memories. What better way to give people this opportunity then by having them take a look at the thread and see if they stick around?

If you have any further suggestions for advertising, or if you make your own signature banners and want us to use them, feel free to post them! We'll add to this post as things come up.

Suggestions:

Try helping out people in the Achievements forums!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:17 pm
20032004200520062007{*.Gaia.Spirit.Week♥July.7th-12th.*}200820092010201120122013

I r Spirit Week

I was planning on raiding the welcome thread
but putting a link in my forum post as if it was part of my post style kinda like how I have it here
but I will not talk anything about it unless they ask about it.
- since some people may have the signatures turned off or not notice the signatures.
Do you think this would get me into issues if I did it this way?
P.s - looks better in the forums >_<

20032004200520062007*Remembrance.Week♥July.14th-20th*200820092010201120122013

l_RavenPandorah_l

Adorable Shapeshifter

SheThoughtSheDid
Vice Captain

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:38 pm
l_RavenPandorah_l

I think post styles are still technically advertising.. i guess you can try it out and let us know if it gets you in trouble razz

i've seen other people with a post style or just a straight up link to a giveaway/shop, so...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:41 pm
SheThoughtSheDid
l_RavenPandorah_l

I think post styles are still technically advertising.. i guess you can try it out and let us know if it gets you in trouble razz

i've seen other people with a post style or just a straight up link to a giveaway/shop, so...

20032004200520062007{*.Gaia.Spirit.Week❤July.7th-12th.*}200820092010201120122013

I'll test the waters next week this way then since I have seen people advertise straight up
but if I get a warning then I will stick to the plan above. o3ob

20032004200520062007*Remembrance.Week♥July.14th-20th*200820092010201120122013

l_RavenPandorah_l

Adorable Shapeshifter

goozma

Buggy Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:03 pm
I think I had someone in the Achievements forum find out about Spirit week from my sig in the last couple days, so that might be another good place to pop into. There's a lot of users helping each other out there already, so something celebrating community spirit could go over well. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:29 pm
Mereluna
I think I had someone in the Achievements forum find out about Spirit week from my sig in the last couple days, so that might be another good place to pop into. There's a lot of users helping each other out there already, so something celebrating community spirit could go over well. 3nodding

mmm yes i like this  

SheThoughtSheDid
Vice Captain

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Official Gaia Spirit Week Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash