Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
invisibility Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:44 am
Morgandria
Moonlite__Syren
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Moonlite__Syren
what does f--ries mean?
Fairy or Faerie

were trying to censor the word or compensate for its spelling since its spelled differently? why is that? does it fall under different beliefs?

why do you avoid them? are they unpredictable and mischevious?

i hope im not asking too much. im just really curious and eager to learn. smile

She does it to censor it. I've had no run ins with them before but I know that Morg doesn't want to deal with them because, if I remember right because they are mischievous little snots. So the censoring is like don't say the name don't draw its attention.

oh i see. i will take note of this and not mention it again if it offends people. i dont really believe it will invoke anything over the internet. i just found that statement odd because i thought this was an open discussion guild that touches all bases.

I'm not offended in any way. You do what you like with the word, and if you want to work with the little buggers feel free. I won't, though, and I never encourage people to do so. F--ries are, in my experience and in lore, twisted, dirty, nasty critters who really don't have a very high regard for human life. They are not sparkly delicate pixies or delightful impish cherubs or all the other ways the modern world has dumbed them down. At best they're mean-spirited and mischievous. At worst they're actively seeking to lead you to some kind of doom, or your outright death. I go out of my way to avoid drawing their attention to myself - they don't bother me, and I don't bother them. That detente works fairly well.

Just remember - if you borrow the abilities of F--rie in some magical way, it opens you to them. Drawing on their powers to be unseen will place you partially within their realm, and make yourself more obvious to them. That will have consequences one way or another - it's up to you to decide if you can accept those consequences.

Carrying the herbs in a pouch will probably work. Putting something with 'invisibility' on your car might not be a good idea, though - if people don't see the car clearly you're opening yourself up to getting hit by people missing it at intersections and in heavy traffic, and you may find yourself in distress and unable to attract assistance. A bloodstone in your car might work better - it is protective, and also works to make your vehicle less noticeable to people looking to cause you difficulty.

I either recommend you split your purposes up into individual bags or amulets, or to leave the invisibility out of whatever mixed mojo you put in your car.

would it be politically correct to address them as fae? because then youre not directly addressing them youre just talking about beliefs that belong in that spectrum. for all they know youre talking about dragons and elves right?

but i think i understand what you mean. it opens portals. and ive never meddled with anything that involves invoking a spiritual entity. because they will ALWAYS want something in return. im a solo practitioner and thats how i like to keep it thank you very much wink

and you know i did think about that. but its only certain people i want to avoid being seen. so on theory if one were to channel ones energy and focus for the spell to effect only on those people... would it work? or is that bad? i guess that sounds kind of bad doesnt it? but its not going against anyones will really so idk. then again it sounds like it would take alot of experience and clarity within ones self to do that huh?

thank you for the blood stone idea though. that might actually work better for me and make all of this less confusing and less complicated. i tend to overthink things too much.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:50 am
too2sweet
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't want my car to be invisible/less visible to people. Can't imagine that would end well for anyone.

i kinda wanted it to work against certain people. but i dont think i have the clarity or experience to perform such a spell. so i think i will go with morgs advice on the blood stone. thank you very much everyone.  

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:39 am
i just loojed up sone information on bloodstones and i think this is perfect and exactly what i needed. i just wish i would have bought the bloodstone before i went out and bought the amethyst Dx  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:04 am
If you're looking to keep certain people off your back, try a mirror box. Mine is a cube made of 6 square mirror tiles that face inward, and the outside faces are covered in sigils appropriate to my intent. But you can do this spell with a compact mirror that has two sides and hinges closed as well, and the sigils are optional. The whole idea is that you place someone's name on a slip of paper between the mirrors, and all their negative intent towards you simply gets reflected back at them.

With regards to 'fae' - fae is not a generic term meaning spirits. There's no politically correctness to be invoked here - they are fae, faerie, the sidhe, the wee folk. Elves and dragons are different things, not fae. I don't want the attention, so I tend not to use the terms that would get it. It doesn't 'open portals' - it's more like when someone touches a palantir in Lord of the Rings and suddenly you've got the Eye of Sauron on you. Doing certain things or saying certain words will make you stand out to them, and they may decide they want to screw with you.

There's nothing wrong with being a solo practitioner and having working relationships with spirits or other entities. Yes, there is give and take, but that's true of any relationship, mundane or magical. They can be worth cultivating - just have a decent bullshit detector, follow your instincts, and be sure that you can put down anything you might call up.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:15 am
I was thinking about either sigils or something protection-related. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:52 am
Moonlite__Syren
Sanguina Cruenta
Spells only work if you want them to work. Why would you use each of those ingredients, in that manner, and for that purpose?

oh yeah i believe that entirely. in fact almost all my workings are my own. things come to me naturally and i make something with it.

and i wasnt sure thats why posted this here to find out why. i mean ive researched all the herbal meanings and the only thing they have in common is protection. blue poppy seeds are used for invisibility. so i was merely just wondering. just wanted to spice things up a bit. no pun intended.

Oh, I see ^_^ I don't know personally - I'm not really a herby person; I'd probably be more inclined to use other bits and pieces myself. A piece of gauze or something else translucent or transparent, for one. Maybe a blindfold.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:21 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Moonlite__Syren
Sanguina Cruenta
Spells only work if you want them to work. Why would you use each of those ingredients, in that manner, and for that purpose?

oh yeah i believe that entirely. in fact almost all my workings are my own. things come to me naturally and i make something with it.

and i wasnt sure thats why posted this here to find out why. i mean ive researched all the herbal meanings and the only thing they have in common is protection. blue poppy seeds are used for invisibility. so i was merely just wondering. just wanted to spice things up a bit. no pun intended.

Oh, I see ^_^ I don't know personally - I'm not really a herby person; I'd probably be more inclined to use other bits and pieces myself. A piece of gauze or something else translucent or transparent, for one. Maybe a blindfold.

actually i started thinking maybe using shards of glass or a mirror. something like you said, translucent and perhaps reflective? what do you think?

ive heard of such things be used in a witchs bottle. i dont think for the same reasons. or perhaps so to be unseen by their enemies? idk im just really enjoying this topic.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:43 pm
Moonlite__Syren
actually i started thinking maybe using shards of glass or a mirror. something like you said, translucent and perhaps reflective? what do you think?

ive heard of such things be used in a witchs bottle. i dont think for the same reasons. or perhaps so to be unseen by their enemies? idk im just really enjoying this topic.

I was going to suggest glass but thought since you wanted to make a bag or something, it could be a bit dangerous. A mirror sounds like a good idea!  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:52 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Moonlite__Syren

I was going to suggest glass but thought since you wanted to make a bag or something, it could be a bit dangerous. A mirror sounds like a good idea!

well ill probably be stashing the satchet, bag, thing underneath the drivers seat. i wanted to hang it on the rear view mirror but the law is real strict here about that. any distractions to obscure the drivers line of sight is a big no, no.

but thank you for your input. im glad you thought it was a good idea. smile

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces