Submit

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:53 am
Does the manga say which family name Kenshin and Kaoru married under in the end? I figured Himura, because who ever heard of the man taking the wife's name. But some people have said that Kenshin might take Kaoru's last name since hers is an old samurai family name, passed from generation to generation, whereas his last name was simply given to him (probably by Katsura) so he'd fit in with the samurai. Also because the sword style that the family would be promoting is called Kamiya Kasshin Ryu, etc.

But on the other hand, Tomoe (who also came from an old samurai family) did take on Kenshin's last name when she married him. Kenshin and Kaoru get married 12 years into Meiji where there are no class distinctions and everyone can have a family name. Also, I don't think Kaoru is the type who would think, "I refuse to take on the name of a peasant." I'm not even sure if she actually knows that Kenshin is peasant stock and not samurai.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:26 am
Like you said, Tomoe became Himura Tomoe when she married Kenshin, so I guess that goes for Kaoru and Kenshins wedding as well. I haven't read the while manga yet, so I'm just guessing...  

Ankha

Hurrikan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:38 am
I would assume that she would take Kenshin's name. I can't say for sure but I can't see why Kaoru wouldn't.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:48 am
I have a feeling that Sano and Yahiko would poke fun at Kenshin if he ever took Kaoru's last name:
"Who's the woman in this relationship??"
Kenshin: oro? .....*goes back to doing laundry* *Kaoru gets mad and hits them both with the bamboo sword* lol, I can so see this happening.)

I think either way is possible.  

Ling-Rei

Hurrikan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:19 am
Ling-Rei
I have a feeling that Sano and Yahiko would poke fun at Kenshin if he ever took Kaoru's last name:
Kenshin: oro? .....*goes back to doing laundry* *Kaoru gets mad and hits them both with the bamboo sword* lol, I can so see this happening.)

rofl That funny! So true, too...
I can see how both ways could work though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:23 am
Ling-Rei

I would think so too... sweatdrop

And besides I don't really know if it matters, but Kenji has his father's last name.  

Chibibotan

Your-Face55

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:06 am
Chibibotan
Ling-Rei

I would think so too... sweatdrop

And besides I don't really know if it matters, but Kenji has his father's last name.

Well than it most likely would go the same way for Karou.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:31 pm
Your-Face55
Well than it most likely would go the same way for Karou.

Yea that's what I thought... 3nodding  

Chibibotan

Akira_Hoshino

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:07 pm
Ling-Rei

lol That is TOO funny!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:18 pm
They aren't exactly clear on which name they take, are they? I noticed, though, that at the end of the book (after they get married) when it shows the master instructor plank on the wall, the name on it is Kamiya Koaru......so i don't know if that means she just kept her family name, or that he took on hers. The fact that Kenji has his father's last name makes it even more confusing.......  

-X-Shugo-x-Tenshi-X-

~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff