Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 09. Chatterbox [Lounge]
I have a question ._.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ommomo

Hilarious Businesswoman

8,450 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:23 pm
For those of you who are bisexual, do you find yourself more sexually active than those who stick to hetero or homosexuality?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:18 pm
I think that tends to be a stereotype others place on bisexual people, but one mostly based off of misconceptions rather than reality. It's good that you asked that question.

I'm not bisexual, but I am polyromantic. That means I not only like men and women, but also some nonbinary gendered persons. Would that mean, by the logic that some people hold, that I'm very sexually active, perhaps even more than bisexual people?

No way, lol. In fact, I tend to get prude-shamed for my sexuality, because my sexual attraction for someone doesn't even begin to manifest until a strong, trusting, emotional, romantic relationship is established between me and them. I've always been that way. So the desire for me to have sex hasn't happened in a very long time.

I think there's a lot of straight people who are way more sexually active than some bisexual people. Again, I just think it's false understanding. Sexual attraction for multiple genders doesn't equate to being a nymphomaniac.  

Sea Thrift

Hygienic Browser

colon bracket
Crew

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:04 am
No, I'm not. I'm as sexually active as most people I know.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:49 pm
I wouldn't say bisexual people are any more active than hetero or homo... we just have more of a selection wink but I'm no more active than most the people I know.  

XxLifelessLoverxX

ghostchildiv

ghostchildiv

Lucky Nerd

17,850 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:14 pm
i'm pansexual.

but my boyfriend is Bisexual. Its more like the mind will sometimes wander even if the actual person doesnt. It really depends on the person.

all the bisexual people I know, except one, are all very loyal to their partners.  
09. Chatterbox [Lounge]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games