Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Prickly Situation (Kumbo & Safi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lt Gnatty-Bug

Witty Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:18 am
User ImageKumbo felt like an idiot, more than he normally did. It was not like he did not know there were thorns on that specific tree, because he did. His back had just been so incredibly itchy, and the bark of the tree was nice and rough and soothing to the intense tingly feeling on his shoulder blades. The mustached lion just had not realized that there were thorns on the truck of the tree along with the branches. He should have looked more closely at the thing, but relief had been so close.

The tree felt good until the sharp stings of thorns in his back took over. He yelped at the pain, his loud voice booming in a less than intimidating noise. He fell forward almost instantly, making sure none of him was touching the tree anymore. He glared back at the offending plant, even if it was not the plant’s fault. His embarrassment only continued as he tried to wrap his head around enough to pull the thorns out. It only served to make him look like he was chasing his tail. He next tried to use his hind legs to get to them, reaching as close to his shoulder blades as possible. His paw caught one thorn! But as he tried to drag it out, his paw was too heavy, and only pushed it in further.

Kumbo whimpered. He was going to need help with this. It was terrible.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:15 am
User Image

Safi heard the yelps of pain, the thorn bush had probably captured another unsuspecting victim. She sighed, and just waited for her patient to come in with thorns either in his face, or in his back paw, or somewhere he couldn't reach to pull it out. She never liked pulling out thorns, it always caused pain, but the faster she had done it, the less pain she would cause.
She shouted outside, poking her head out a bit. "Come on in. I'll take care of you." Her voice cracked a bit, sice she was never very loud, and usually spoke in a soft, calming voice instead of a booming on, which is why she wouldn't make a good announcer. She sighed and put away the little bundle of herbs she was working on, awaiting him to come into the Medic's den.

Lt Gnatty-Bug
<3~

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

Lt Gnatty-Bug

Witty Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:31 pm
The lion was mostly huddled in on himself, hoping if he was a tight enough ball he would be able to get a thorn or two out of his pelt. It was not working; he was nowhere near flexible enough. That is when he heard the beckoning call. Perhaps one of the pride medics? Anyone would be helpful at this point if he could convince himself to actually ask for or accept help.
With just enough resolve, Kumbo uncurled himself and sniffed the air, picking up the scent of a wild dog from the direction he heard the voice. He nodded once to himself, building up that tiny scrap of courage he had, and headed that way. It was not hard to find the canine; she was not hiding or anything.
Being the shy beast that he was, Kumbo crouched down when he saw her, his belly grazing the ground. He crawled like that to her, tail wrapped tightly around his legs. “I could use an extra set of paws, if it is not too much of a bother?” His voice was next to silent. He was not good at initiating contact with people.

Bloo Starr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:01 pm
Safi sighed, and smiled sweetly. "Of course, its my job, after all." She lifted her paw, and grabbed a thorn, pulling roughly and quickly, and she was ready for the first yelp of pain.
She took hold of another, and pulled hard, this one was stubborn. Safi huffed and pulled quickly with all her strength. Out it came, and she was ready for another pain filled screech, or any noise coming from the male lion. She wouldn't pull them all out right away, but they would all come out in the end.

Lt Gnatty-Bug

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

Lt Gnatty-Bug

Witty Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:22 am
Kumbo yelped out in pain as the first thorn was pulled from his back. He was completely unprepared for it; he expect some kind of introduction, or at least an informative little lecture on what was about to happen. But no, this wild dog clearly had the worst bedside manner in the history of medics this pride has ever had. She just plucked out the thorn like it was nothing. What kind of an animal did that?!
He had to say something as the second thorn was yanked out. He screeched in pain. “That hurts!” the announcer cried out; it echoed around them, the full force of his voice coming out this time. But once the offending object had been removed (there were still plenty more to go), he had to admit was finally starting to feel better. Still, this canine needed to slow down if Kumbo was going to survive this, “Lady, you’re a medic, right? Don’t you have a less crude way of doing this? Or at least something to dull the pain?”

Bloo Starr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:42 am

sighed. "Yes, im a Medic. I got thorns stuck in me as a pup on numerous occasions, and the only way it would stop hurting is if they were out, and so this is how I was taught. I know it hurts, I know. Unfortunalty, there isn't anything I know of to numb the pain. If there was, I would have already grabbed it and given it to you." She smiled again. Ok, it was kinda mean of her to just yank a couple out by surprise, but its what her mother did, and she followed her mothers footsteps carefully.

She raised a paw to yank another out, but looked at him first. "You ready?"

Lt Gnatty-Bug

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

Lt Gnatty-Bug

Witty Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:32 pm
The lion's head sank. He felt bad. It wasn't her fault that he scratched up against a thorny tree. Resigning himself to more pain, he mumbled something about saditst and nodded. "Sorry, do your worst, I guess...."

Kumbo hunkered down after that. He was rarely so aggressive, and was completely embarrassed by his previous actions. He crossed his paws, pulling one of his claws into his mouth to gnaw as he waited in anticipation for the rest of the thorns were removed.  
[IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games