Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Darcious the Weichon Fly [Ready!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JellyFaun

8,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:13 am
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Darcious Maluki
Nicknames: Darcy, Dark

Faction: Monster
Race: Weichon Fly (OC)

Natural Ability:
Sticky Paws: Darcious can fly but not for extended periods of time as the effort to keep his bug-like wings going is a strain, not to mention they are excessively loud. So his species comes with a natural ability to help them adapt happily in their cavern-like homes: their paws (or hands and feet in student form) are able to expel and contract a slime-like fluid that will stick to any surface, however slick it is. This allows them to climb buildings, walls, caves, trees and even horizontal plains like ceilings. Darcious can also stick there as long as he likes.

Personality:

"Well it has to be done by tonight...so, yeah. I'll sleep when I'm dead."
(+) Driven Darcious is very passionate about his methods. He will remain committed to any project he sets his mind to whether it is something for his classes or something on the side. He won't cease until it is finished to his standards. This is a good trait to have when it comes to noble-minded projects but may be undesired when he decides he wants someone to be his friend.

"I am glad you are awake. *nuzzles hand.*"
( + ) Affectionate Darcious's race covets companionship and he will actively seek friends, however awkward his methods. Despite his below mentioned aggression he does enjoy the company of others, especially if they don't bother him. He enjoys physical contact, such as this bizarre concept of hand holding. He will also sniff, gnaw and demand petting from those he makes his friends...creepy! Another way he shows affection is by awkwardly following after those he likes like a baby chicken.

"Its been a pretty good day...*sees someone he dislike walk in* ...UNTIL JUST ABOUT NOW."
( +/- ) Ranged Darcious is able to do a complete 180 of his personality in a matter of seconds. He is not aggressive all the time but once his short fuse has been lit he is almost uncontrollable, by others and himself. He is usually quiet and almost gentle with his mannerisms or laughing and talking with a friend, but when something pisses him off he stays pissed off and seems to avoid interaction with everyone, even if it would make him feel better.

"ARE YOU TRYING TO INSULT ME?!"
( - )Aggressive Weichon flies as a species are not vicious...towards eachother. Darcious tries to remember his manners when he is around others but its hard in a place where, in his mind, there is no logic. The smallest things seem to set him off when it comes to other people and whether its their gestures, their topic of conversation or even the way they speak he can become easily offended. Though his species is animalistic they too have civility but have a different scope of what is acceptable behaviour. For instance, it is considered rude in the weichon species to greet someone with words and a hand gesture: it is one or the other. A raised hand and a silent mouth or a loud mouth with a quiet body are affectionate and friendly greetings but together are actually a sign of aggressive challenge. Unfortunately, you only get once chance to make a good first impression on Darcious. He is packed to the teeth with insults and isn't afraid to get physical, even if his human-forced form is no match for his true one. He is slowly learning a different way of life and perhaps someone will one day be able to curb his violent streak.

"I could care less...um...I think."
( - )Thick - Perhaps its a lack of 'education' but Darcious is not very clever, quick witted or good at problem solving. He believes the best solution to a problem is the easiest and relies on brute force more than he should. For instance: if there's a locked door in the way, why bother trying to pick it or find another way in? Just knock it over. If you're trying to be stealthy? Just knock it over and be ready for a fight or running. He is also unable to read or write well but he is an adept listener and has a surprisingly good memory, however stupid he is.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy: Weichon flies are known for traveling in pairs. They often start in a small family pack with two sets of parents and two pups. Whatever the gender, the pups would be destined to be mates and have their own children (we won't get into how these things reproduce. that's its own nightmare * ^ *)

Twins was never heard of until Darcious was born. Darcious and Lakiru from one pair of flies and Falsta from the other.

With three pups the balance was off. Darcious was runty and weak, big for a monster but tiny for an often 15-foot long weichon fly. It was decided that, even if he was raised with whatever his parents thought love was, his brother that would be the destined partner of Falsta. It didn't bother Darcious until his later adolescence. He'd never noticed there was a rift set in motion from the day he was born and it tore him in two when he was left all alone: too old to need guidance and unable to pair off with Falsta.

He turned rogue for a time but even monsters need company and he'd never been on his own before. He decided to enrol in the academy particularly because he had nowhere else to go. Though he may have atrocious manners and an uncivilized short temper, he is determined to make something of himself, since all the other plans in his life weren't for him.

FEAR Ability:
"the mind" Slime Bubble: The hands parts wide and a giant bubble of sticky ooze is launched at the opponent, aiming to immobilize their speed or possibly blind them temporarily.

Physical Description:

Natural:
Darcious's true from is 9 feet tall from the base of his horns to his toes when he stands upright on his hind legs. On all 6's he's about four feet tall.

Eye Colour: Yellow eyes that bore into the soul and are overly snake-like with vertical pupils. His left eye is scratched with a white film on it.

Hair Colour/Style: He has hair and fur. His fur covers his whole body except his bird-like hind legs. The fur is a short pile but very thick with a grey-brown hue to it, appearing darker in the night. His mane is a bushy mane that stretches from his forelock to his first set of arms. It is bright red with darker red tones.

Extra: He has 1 1/2 foot horns stretching from his head. He has a dog-like muzzle with razor sharp teeth concealed inside. His ears are long and very ribbon-like, hanging to the sides of his head. He has a long serpentine body with four dog-like legs that have opposable thumbs and digits, tipped in retractable claws. On his back are two dragonfly wings that are see-through. His tail is five feet long with a sprear-like tip and though he can lift and wag it it is not prehensile. His hind feet are that of a bird's with backwards facing knees, rough skin and raised talons.

References: the big one Darcious is copyright to me, art is copyright my friend Aurrie.

Student

Darcious's human form matches his impressive height at 6.5 feet tall.

Eye Colour: Yellow eyes remain and are overly snake-like with vertical pupils and a slight bag under them. His left eye is scratched with a white film on it.

Hair Colour/Style: He has a scruffy length of black hair that turns red towards the middle and tips.

Skin Colour: He is caucasian skinned but with some greyish undertones in places, where he has more fur in his true form.

Clothing Style/Colours Visual kei, gothic, steampunk, lots of golds and blacks and natural tones like brass. I was thinking of some sort of eyepiece and maybe one of those masks with holes or slats in them that cover under the nose.

These are just suggestions. I am quite happy with AC for colors and design.

Extra: His horns are much smaller but still remain in his forehead. His lips conceal rather jagged teeth that interlock with each other. He has sharply pointed ears with small whisps on the end to replace the ribbon-like ones on his natural form. His hands contain claws and his second set of arms have vanished into his stomach and skin. On his back are two dragonfly wings that are see-through. His tail is the same length as his true form with a spear-like tip. His feet, under their shoes, have menacing talons.
References: No human references  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:17 pm
Hello! You requested crit so I am here to give it~ C:

Overall, I like Darcy a lot - sometimes when people bring pre-existing OCs into the TiH setting they have a hard time adapting them to the game, but you've done a good job here! I would love to know about more about the Weichon Fly species, where they live and what they do, what kind of Fear they like to inspire etc.~ the information you have makes me want more which is a good thing!

His natural ability is good (I like the details about how his flight is difficult and noisy) - you might need to tone down 'any' to 'most' surfaces, because pretty much anything that says 'any' in Y1 is a little too powerful. I don't think you'll have a problem with 'most' though. biggrin

I also like the concept of culture shock in his aggressive personality bit; it's something I don't think a lot of people play which means it's extra-delightful to me, haha.

One thing - in the 'why are they enrolled' section, just so you know! All Halloween creatures in TiH reproduce in exactly the same way, detailed here. So the Weichon Fly wouldn't have a particularly weird means of reproducing (they might have a weird traditional ritual prior to reproducing, though!).

But overall this isn't much of a critique, but more of a - you're doing good, keep at it! *thumb*

The Concept of Love

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Aazhie

Greedy Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:30 pm
The Concept of Love

This sounds really interesting concept wise, I like that he's not overly bright but motivated to improve himself. Determination and drive make for interesting characters! I also think culture shock would make for cool RP and hope to see more updates on this quest :3  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:30 am
thank you for the review. i have been meaning to edit it more. >^ <  

JellyFaun

8,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers